Employment Act of 2023

IN THE SENATE OF THE STATE OF FIRESTONE

ON THIS 22ND DAY OF JANUARY 2023

Mr. Jackfruitism and Mr. SirCalebXVI proposed the following bill:

A BILL

To revitalize standing employment laws and regulations; to account for the introduction of new departments; and to establish substitution boundaries, exemptions, conditions and limitations on employment where appropriate.

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress assembled,

§1. Title
(a) This Act shall be known, and may be cited as, the “Employment Act of 2023”.

§2. Enactment
(a) This Act shall go into effect upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.

§3. Severability
(a) Should any part of this Act be struck down and/or declared unenforceable, then that part shall be severed with the rest remaining in full force and effect unless all is struck down and/or declared unenforceable.

§4. Enforcement
(a) This Act shall be enforced by any relevant parties.

§5. Definitions
(a) The “Employment Act of 2022” shall be defined as this.

§6. Repealments
(a) The Employment Act of 2022 shall be repealed in its entirety and declared null and void.

§7. Amendments
(a) This Act makes no amendments.

CHAPTER ONE

Establishing office thresholds.

§8. Office Thresholds
(a) Citizens may, irrespective of positions or titles, only hold one (1) of the following positions, titles, designations, or offices at any moment—

(i) Governor;

(ii) Lieutenant Governor;

(iii) Chief Court Justice;

(iv) Cabinet member;

(v) Sub-cabinet member;

(vi) Associate Justice;

(vii) Senator;

(viii) Representative;

(ix) District Court Judge

(x) County Executive;

(xi) County Sheriff; or

(xii) County Fire Chief.

CHAPTER TWO

Establishing primary departments and applicable exceptions.

§9. Primary Departments & Conditions
(a) The following departments shall be recognized as primary departments—

(i) The Firestone Bureau of Investigation;

(ii) Firestone State Patrol;

(iii) Firestone Park Service;

(iv) Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office;

(v) Stapleton County Fire Department;

(vi) Redwood Police Department;

(vii) Arborfield Police Department; and

(viii) the Prominence District Police;

§10. Primary Offices
(a) The following offices or positions shall be recognized as primary offices or positions—

(i) Governor;

(ii) Lieutenant Governor;

(iii) Chief Court Justice;

(iv) Senator;

(v) Representative, including the Speaker of the House; and

(vi) County Executive;

CHAPTER THREE

Establishing secondary departments & offices.

§11. Secondary Departments
(a) The following departments shall be recognized as secondary departments—

(i) The Firestone Department of Corrections;

(ii) Firestone Department of Public Safety;

(iii) Firestone Department of Transportation;

(iv) Firestone Department of Public Works;

(v) Firestone Department of Health;

(vi) Firestone Aviation Administration or Firestone Department of Aviation; and

(vii) the Stapleton County Port Authority.

(a) The following offices or positions shall be recognized as secondary offices or positions—

(i) Associate Justice;

(ii) District Court Judge;

(iii) County Council, including its chair; and

(iv) Municipal Mayor.

CHAPTER FOUR

Establishing voluntary departments.

§12. Voluntary Departments
(a) The following departments shall be recognized as voluntary departments—

(i) The Firestone National Guard;

(ii) Firestone Department of Justice;

(iii) Firestone Department of State;

(iv) Firestone Peace Officer Standards and Training;

(v) Firestone Fire Academy; and

(vi) the Firestone Department of Commerce;

CHAPTER FIVE

Miscellaneous designations.

§13. Miscellaneous Designations
(a) No citizen employed in a primary designation, referring to employment in a primary department or holding a primary office as outlined in this Act, may be employed in another primary designation synchronously, except for when—

(i) regarding a primary department only, such citizen is employed in the Firestone Park Service, in which they are rendering their employment in such department as two (2) secondary departments instead of one (1) primary department;

(ii) regarding a primary department only, such citizen is employed in the Stapleton County Fire Department, in which they are rendering their employment in such department as one (1) secondary department instead of one (1) primary department unless they hold the rank of “Senior Firefighter” or senior, in which it shall still be rendered a primary department; or

(iii) regarding a primary congressional office only, such citizen—except for the Speaker of the House—is a Senator or Representative, in which rendering their employment in such office as two (2) secondary offices instead of one (1) primary office.

(b) Any other offices or departments not explicitly mentioned as either primary, secondary, or voluntary shall be considered a voluntary office or department.

(i) No limit on the number of voluntary departments or offices a person may be employed in or hold shall be imposed.

(c) Existing positions and/or departments and their holders shall not be diminished or dismissed from their positions as a result of the enactment of this Act except for circumstances outlined by this Act.

(d) Primary, secondary, or voluntary limitations defined by this Act shall not be applicable to an individual regarding a department, position or office that such individual has vacated.

(d) Should an individual be in violation of this Act as a result of the enactment of this Act or an amendment to this Act, if such individual is legally incompliant with a primary or secondary designation in this Act, they shall make themself legally compliant with this Act within seven (7) days of notification or must vacate each position, in order of most recently obtained to least recently obtained, until such individual is legally compliant with this Act.

(e) Should an individual be in violation of this Act as a result of entering a position, office, or department, such individual shall make themself legally compliant with this Act within seven (7) days of entering such position, office, or department else they shall vacate the position, office, or department that put such individual in violation of this Act.

(f) No individual who holds the rank of “Cadet”, “Candidate”, “Trainee” or any other reasonable variant of such rank in a department shall be considered employed in that department.

(g) Should an individual be placed on administrative leave, suspended, or any other reasonable variant of a temporary bar from conducting duties, such individual shall still be considered employed in a primary, secondary, or voluntary department relative to their office’s or department’s primary, secondary, or voluntary designation as outlined by this Act.

(h) Cabinet and Sub-cabinet members shall be considered holding a primary, secondary, or voluntary position relative to the department that they coordinate.

(i) Any rank of an individual within a Firestone group, discord server, or another reasonable variant shall not be rendered legally binding unless such individual was lawfully or constitutionally appointed, elected, or employed in such rank as defined by applicable law.

(j) A court of law, through a court order or another applicable venue, may order an individual’s compliance with this Act, as a result of a violation of this Act, regardless of if such individual was previously notified of such violation.

(i) The Department of Justice shall have the ability to file civil litigation to affect the enforcement of this Act.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.