Skye for Her 3rd Term in the House

Hi, I’m Skye, and I’m running for re-election to my third term in the Firestone House. Formerly, I have served in Firestone as the 1st Secretary of State and am currently a 2-term incumbent Speaker Pro Tempore of the House, and I also have previous experience across other ro-governments, including as 3-term Governor of Rockport.

Over the course of my tenure thus far, I have been among the most active and consistent members of Congress, with a 100% attendance rate to sessions and daily posts on these forums responding to hot topics, current events, and legislative ideas. I have also been actively starting up a career in the Department of Justice as a Public Defender, where I remain undefeated (although I haven’t had to deal with tooooo many cases quite yet).

All of my experience and actions as a Congresswoman are logged on my Trello here:

This last term, I wrote, proposed, and passed the following pieces of legislation:

Over this upcoming term, I’d like to place an increased focus on two pressing issues which have plagued us this term.

First, I’d like to improve our various committees, even if that means completely reworking them, so that they can be efficient and effective. The County Affairs Committee has been nothing short of a failure this term, and I plan to work with county officials and my colleagues in Congress to fix the committee. The Congressional Government Oversight Committee, which I’ve chaired recently, has faced some controversy in the earlier parts of the term. Since I’ve taken over, we’ve been slowly improving as a committee and in the eyes of the public. Still, I’d like to expand upon the checks on CGOC as it remains an LB-biased committee and there is still much room for improvement to maximize effectivity.

Next, the overall competency of Congress has been a major issue this term (especially in the House). I do intend to run for Speaker this term, and I fully intend to lead the House in a better direction moving forward. I would like for more open communication with the rest of the government, especially the Executive Branch, as that has been especially lacking this term and has inhibited us from being able to make effective change as co-ordinated with the EB. Us two branches have essentially isolated ourselves from each other, and we need to co-operate to fit the needs and concerns of the citizens.

That being said, I invite you all to contact me with questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, etc. on my Discord (princess skye!!#9640). It is the quickest way to contact me, though I am also available via ROBLOX private message (Skye_Jones) and Twitter (@SkyeJonesRBLX).

Thanks for reading!
SPT Skye Jones
princess skye!!#9640

1 Like

Support

2 Likes

Support :heart:

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

so i hear the speaker position is open :eyes:, support

3 Likes

Support, show them boys whos boss.

Don’t let too many of them hit on you cause of your pfp lmao

5 Likes

big old support
good luck m’lady

Support - Philip

1 Like

Support

Body is too similar to what you recently posted

1 Like

skye for speaker 2019 campaign run
support

1 Like

Support
ECEB9DE26B820C24718DE42D65D7D541

1 Like

Much support for an individual of such, especially during these terms. All my support, god’s speed!

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Big fat support.

<3

late support

1 Like

Support

1 Like

this bear supports u

1 Like

support

1 Like

Support! You are a worthy member and if elected I would definitely support for speaker.

1 Like

support

2 Likes