Elect Techiey for Senate

Introduction

Good evening citizens of Firestone! For those of you who I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting yet, my name is Techiey, and I am running for a seat in our State Senate. Following the completion of my term in the House of Representatives this past weekend, I am extremely proud of the work that I, along with my fellow Representatives, were able to accomplish over the short three months that we were in office. I cannot wait to continue that quality, productive work in the Senate over the next six months if I am elected by you, the people, to do so.

Qualifications and Government Experience

If you have worked with me in the past, you no doubt know of my commitment to the work I do and the obligations into which I enter. However, for those who I have not gotten the privilege of working with, allow me to explain my background in government so that you may better understand why I am qualified for senatorial office.

Over my 5 years in the Firestone community, I have held numerous elected offices and served the state in several of its incredibly hard-working departments. The notable highlights of my past legislative work include my prior terms in our State Senate and House of Representatives as the President Pro Tempore and the Speaker of the House, respectively, the highest leadership positions any congressperson can have the honor of serving as.

In addition to these prestigious posts, I have held the following honorable positions within our state:

• Secretary of State, Department of State
  • Deputy Director, Department of Public Safety
  • Associate Attorney General, Department of Justice
  • Lieutenant Colonel, Commanding Officer of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, Firestone National Guard
  • Federal Protective Service Officer and Crisis Response Team Agent, Department of Homeland Security

My full resume can be found at this Google Docs link with both my current and prior employment in Firestone. Additionally, linked in my resume on the sidebar is my resume for the offices I have held and currently hold in the State of Mayflower.

A Vote That Works

Since resuming elected office in December of 2020, I have tirelessly worked with Speaker FIoatmanjason, Governor Ninwin1, and other congressional and community members to draft the new State Constitution, which I am extremely proud to announce is nearing completion. We have passed Articles 1, 2, and 4, which all incorporate the old constitution into a much more refined text that expands upon the original intent of the authors while also providing for the citizens of our wonderful state to have an increased role in the government created in their name. Furthermore, work is continuing on finalizing the remaining articles for passage, and hopefully that work will be concluded extremely soon to finally finish this year-long effort to update our constitution for the modern needs of the State of Firestone.

In addition to the outstanding work done in drafting and passing the new Constitution, I have also worked with Congress to pass legislation that has directly benefited every citizen of our state and has allowed our state departments to more effectively and efficiently conduct their work. Notably, I helped pass the Comprehensive Pay Rise Act which increased the wages of every citizen, the Self Defense Extension Act which expanded the ability of individuals to protect themselves and that which they hold dear when threatened with deadly force, expanded employee protections through the Fairer Employment Act and An Amendment to Protect Employees, and supported our medical personnel in the SCFD by allowing them to request assistance from the Firestone National Guard medical corps in A Bill to Allow National Guard to Support SCFD in addition to numerous other bills that were passed in protection of our state, its employees, and the citizens for which we all serve.

Anyone who wishes to voice support, concern, or otherwise for actions being taken by the Senate or Congress as a whole is welcome to do so in my Discord direct messages (Techiey#0120), and also in the State Legislature Discord where Congress conducts the majority of its debate and legislation drafting.

Closing Thoughts

Looking forwards to the next six months, I sincerely hope that you have gained an understanding of the work I do every day in service to the state and its people, and that I have shown myself to be a competent legislator worthy of your vote this election.
As always, I serve as your line of communication from the streets of Redwood directly to the Governor’s Mansion and the halls of Congress, fighting for you and your rights at every step of the way, and I hope to continue that fight for you in the Senate for the next six months.
I guarantee you, if I am elected to the Senate with your blessing, I will do everything in my power to exceed the expectations you have for your elected officials and to continue to ensure that your interests are the ones represented in our Congress, not the interests of our elected officials, no matter the challenge.

7 Likes

Support asf

4 Likes

Support

4 Likes

Support!!!

5 Likes

support

4 Likes

Support!

5 Likes

Support