Censorship 2.0

I wouldn’t say im against this, but I wouldnt say im for it either. This just seems hopeless in its current state and I dont think keeping this sort of criticsm up with a back and forth of forum post and deleting said ofrum post is the way to go about this.

3 Likes

is this seriously what we’re looking at?

3 Likes

I am aware that this happened before, I was there when this happened before, but I did not give a fuck, but now I do, and I want to bring other’s attention to it, that is my goal, not just “fed git gud”.

3 Likes

we’ve already gone through something like the outrage of deputies being DPS’ed around last december, so to have 2 week long classes where cadets are being rushed and pushed to take tiers and exams and not really actually take in what they’re being taught will be that all over again but even worse.

4 Likes

They want us to express our concerns with valid reasons only and through the proper means being DMs or forums. We’re doing exactly that so if they don’t want us to, it further shows the double standards behind each action.

7 Likes

I participated in that, as a DPS. I remember the calls were intense coming solely from SCSO, I actually got concerned.

4 Likes

I mean good luck but as things stand now and if you just continue spamming forum posts which may or may not get deleted this won’t bear fruit.

5 Likes

Regardless if you dislike the post being taken down, the ability to even post here is a privilege. Realistically, those who don’t invest monetary value to keep these forums running shouldn’t be entitled to use them. However, the founders allowed us to utilize this platform, free of any charge, and if they believe something is against the respective ToS, they can swiftly remove it.

Express your concerns elsewhere if this post is taken down (*again).

4 Likes

That’s not true but ok.

3 Likes

That’s an opinion, so truth doesn’t hold weight.

3 Likes

please respond to dms thx

3 Likes

Don’t mind me… just reading these spicy comments on this spicy topic. :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

we deserve answers

5 Likes

If we gave up on every department that’s failing, we wouldn’t have a single department right now. Giving up is not the answer, improving is.

7 Likes

yes, I agree and that’s totally right. I hope with this new administration drastic actions could be done. But, what I see so far is that there was attempts in the past of improving but failed somehow? I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Danny’s main thread was a topic addressing our Founder, FedoraMasterB98, and how he approached UprisingAmerican in a hostile manner (( screenshot for reference https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/499405195395072010/717508958931386478/image0.png )) regarding recently banned community member Jefrafra.

Noting that DannyBoyLaw & FedoraMasterB98 talked it out privately

Now, I can understand being upset at the approach that you see FedoraMasterB98 take with UprisingAmerican, but this approach is well after many warnings given out to members of the courts to stop harboring Jefrafra and allowing him to continue to be apart of the Firestone community & official trellos. Jefrafra was banned for a reason, a good reason at that, meaning that he is no longer welcome to be apart of our community whether people were friends with him or not. Administration actions have no correlation to Firestone law, and using that as an excuse to harbor a banned individual and letting him continue to be involved even after explicit instruction makes the perpetrator just as guilty.

5/26 - The Day Jefrafra was banned

5/27 - The Next Day with Jefrafra being harbored

That brings us back to the DM’s between FedoraMasterB98 & UprisingAmerican linked above. This conversation took place on 6/02 essentially 5 days AFTER Jefrafra had already been banned. It was brought to the attention of FedoraMasterB98 that even after multiple warnings (shown above), Jefrafra was still apart of BLEE and wasn’t being removed due to the excuse of Firestone law. Administration actions do not correlate with Firestone law. Once UprisingAmerican gave that excuse FedoraMasterB98 promptly told him that if they are refusing to remove Jefrafra & continuing to harbor him they would join him. I understand that his language and demeanor was harsh, but this reaction wasn’t out of nowhere.

If you are bothered by the way FedoraMasterB98 approached UprisingAmerican, I understand where you are coming from but just know that their conversation was after 5 days of warnings and refusal. If anyone expects the administration to just stand idly by while they continue to allow Jefrafra to operate within the State after being banned it isn’t going to happen, and if you think that’s a crazy way of thinking then you’re definitely being close minded. I thoroughly believe in criticism, but at-least make sure the criticism is valid.

I want to make it clear that I definitely understand the time and effort a lot of you put into our community and I am beyond grateful for your guys & girls great work. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt to the best of my ability because I know the amount of work you guys & girls put in. That does not mean that we will stop enforcing administration actions against the people breaking our rules and ruining our community.

I am currently very far away from home so please excuse any grammatical mistakes etc

12 Likes

As you mentioned before, Fed does want a large quantity, but I do want to mention that in our meetings with him he specifically stated that he would rather have good quality over quantity.

The new administration already has plans once the current class has concluded to completely revamp and revitalize the academy. I think the leaders before failed to properly execute meaningful changes, hence why they failed.

4 Likes

(this was written before path posted his, but might as well post)

Okay, then why did you mention in your original post that Danny’s moderation powers were removed as part of some argument you had?

Danny made a post on Firestone Forums criticizing Fed. It gathered more than 100 responses and more than 20+ likes but was removed afterwards for “Harassment”, Danny had his forum and Discord mod roles removed, any future posts with his speech were removed as well. I will not be posting whatever Danny said there, despite it not being offensive in any way, to prevent this post from being deleted, however, I don’t think administration gives a fuck.

Doktor, using these forums comes with pros and cons. One of the cons, unfortunately, is that it has it’s own separate rules that you agree to once you sign up and begin using the service. We rarely delete criticizing threads, actually, but Danny’s post in particular was something else. I don’t want to see a post that just sits there on the Forums calling Fed a 20 year old owner that harasses minors on his community to get it his way, because that’s just a twisted version of all this. Also, I doubt you even know that Fed talked with Danny in DMs, he actually posted his DMs in the courts server. Additionally, I don’t think you’ve noticed danny and other people posting the google docs of what was posted on here in the main Firestone server (without us deleting it). Forums have its own rules that must be followed, I honestly couldn’t really care about the content of his post.

And Doktor, when you start being a meaningful citizen of Firestone, I will begin taking your threads more seriously. I mean who just sits there ranting about Firestone’s lack of roleplay when you yourself admit that you don’t even roleplay?

I do not roleplay, and I am saying that without hesitation, so stop lying and admit it as well.

Like seriously, if you are looking for any real change, you should look at the broader picture of what is going on. Your original thread was locked for a reason, which would be because the answer was provided to your original post. Obviously, it containing lack of real discussion, there was no need to keep it open. But clearly you aren’t done, so I’ll let this thread be open for a little bit longer. But next time, I think it would be better to ask me in DMs to unlock your thread with a proper reason, because you’re less likely to get moderated and more likely to get your thread back open for a continuation of discussion.

7 Likes

Please stop making the situation about Jef. This situation has spiraled into way more than that. I fail to understand why that’s the only thing that the founders have addressed about it so far.

It’s about Fedora’s behavior as a founder in general. The Jef situation was a small and insignificant part of it. It may have brought more attention, but it’s not the point.

9 Likes

I agree. The fact we’re talking about here is his decisions, not jef.

6 Likes