My Final Piece

Well, there is that. My career in Firestone. Before I start, I’d like to link Lidels’ resignation and farewell letter. He does an exceptional job going a bit more in-depth then I want to. I highly encourage you to give it a read:

https://forums.stateoffirestone.com/t/departure-from-the-state-of-firestone/19278

Lots of you know that I have been inactive for a while now. And I admit to that. Am I sorry? Not really to be honest. Because when I wasn’t on ROBLOX, I was out and about, at friends houses, playing volleyball, basketball, hockey, working a job, or out with the girl. I am living the dream. So any of you who hold me accountable for something I didn’t do on a lego game should really step back and consider what your core values are. Because ROBLOX shouldn’t be one of them.

Firestone has been a home for a bit, obviously not recently, but it definitely was a place to chill out, make new friends and work with others. I met a lot of great people here, some who I will stay in contact with after Firestone.

However, Firestone has turned into one of the most toxic places I have been involved in. And for many reasons. I know you want to click off, but at least first see where I am going with this. People in this state destroy their lives for the good of this state. They stay up late, skip homework, and even miss hangouts with friends, just to attend a “governors ball” or because there’s “lots of shooters.”

Stop wasting away your life in this game. Relevancy in this community literally does not matter at all. It’s not doing you any good. In the words of Lidels, “Firestone won’t pay your bills, give you a degree, or secure your future.” I cannot believe this needs to be said. But it is a realization that everyone must come to.

Instead, do yourself a favour. Go see people. Go tell them you love them. Show them you love them. Put trust in them. Learn to socialize with them. These are things we take for granted. They are things many different people don’t have the privilege of having. I know for some of you that this state is indeed an escape. It was for me. But don’t get so invested in it. You are a valued individual who is loved by those around you, whether you realize it or not. People want to see you. They want to get to know you. And you may be in a dark place now, but think of the potential you have when you go and speak to someone.

Before I conclude, I’d like to give a quick message to the state’s founding team. More specifically Env, and Fed.

Starting with Envelope, you should really reconsider your position in this state. You call out anyone who disagrees with you, even when it’s respectful, “toxic.” That is not a good quality of a leader at all. If you opened yourself up a bit more, and considered the other person’s perspective, maybe you’d be a better leader. And you were a better leader. But you have changed completely recently. I am not the only individual who thinks this. Your pettiness gets in the way of a lot of progress this state has potential for. Get off your high horse, man. Shit is not worth the drama. Just talk out your disagreements and see if you can learn something from the other person. Literally can’t believe I have to explain this to you. I understand I did things wrong too, like the “let them stay mad” comment, but my god man, I had a free room in your head after that argument. Its ROBLOX drama, let it go. It literally does not matter.

Nonetheless, we had some fun times. Maybe you can take this scripting thing beyond ROBLOX. I’d be interested to see what you come up with in the future. I don’t like leaving drama boiling, so if you’d like to speak to me about it, shoot me a DM and let’s just have a civil conversation about it.

To Fedora, I actually want to give you a lot of credit for the work you have done on V2 recently. You have listened to the community, and continuously updated V2. And I thank you for that. Genuinely. While we have had our disagreements, I still respect the grind you do for this community. And many of you will probably call me out for “dick riding” the founder, but trust me, I wouldn’t have given this feedback a month ago.

What I think you should do better is your management of V3. We have had very little development updates regarding the progress of V3. If you want this community to stay healthy, you need to start focusing on managing your devs. The state has already lost two very talented devs - SourcedInfinity and Lidels - for this reason. I was a QA tester until early September, and little to no work has actually been done, scripting wise. I understand you’re not a scripter, but this is once again where the management needs to improve.

To Path, over the time I was here, we never really conversed, but when we did I never had an issue with you. Keep up the work my friend.

I admit I have been wrong recently, and yeah I can be a bit toxic at times. And I’d like to apologize for that. But consider why that might be. Perhaps it’s because people have been extremely toxic to me as well. Ever thought about that? And for those of you who were friends with me because of the power I had in CRT, and who dropped me the moment I was terminated in favour of siding with the founders for your own “benefit,” I am sorry, but the next paragraph does not apply to you. True colours were shown the day I departed DHS. Don’t even think about attempting an apology, or acting as if I don’t know about what you have said, because I still have my eyes and ears.

I’d like to thank each and every one of those who I have spoken with or worked with. You each have taught me important lessons that I still use to this day. Each and every single one of you has the potential to do great things. You all are unique and have your strengths that you can capitalize on. Sharpen them. Put them to good use.

I will likely be departing Firestone soon because of what it has turned into, feel free to reach out if you want to stay in touch.

I wish the best for all of you. Good luck in your bright futures.

Farewell.

35 Likes

Nice words, good message for the diehard roblox.com players. Wish you the best of luck in life, wherever it takes you.

5 Likes

Thanks my friend, appreciate it. Wish you the best of luck as well.

2 Likes

people that put anything online over anything irl are cringe

10 Likes

o7 thank you for all you have done in the community.

2 Likes

People disagree with me all the time and there is nothing wrong with that, I don’t go around calling them toxic. I have discussed disagreements in voice calls and I will continue staying open to discussing disagreements. The line is drawn the moment you decide to attack me or other founders behind closed doors and not in front of our face. All I had told Richie was to read your chat history, nothing more, nothing less. You got your career stripped based on your chat history that I don’t even remember of, so that should say something about you.

Regardless, if anyone wants to discuss disagreements with anything I do there is nothing wrong with talking to me in DMs or a public setting if you prefer.

2 Likes

You did this the moment I was terminated within DHS discord. Don’t act as if you were not taking part in this sort of thing either. You went on to call me a “toxic kid.” But whatever man, like I said it’s ROBLOX drama and I don’t care about it.

I got my career stripped because of something I said that was unrelated to you.

It doesn’t really matter, as I was planning on departing anyway.

However, I apprieciate you directly addressing my concerns instead of outright deleting the post. I respect that.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with the fact yes I did blatantly target you after your termination because of your statements in the past. Regardless, best of luck in your future endeavors.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you as well my friend. Glad we had a conversation.

2 Likes

o7 bro good talking

2 Likes

Well worded, it’s crazy to see how fast our years in ROBLOX went. I myself can’t believe I started playing this game in 2012 and now it’s 2021. I’ve myself have spent almost 10 years on this platform. Frankly this platform can be a very addicting game once you get older, you want to feel like your 13 year old self, so you come to this game to escape the realization your growing up. I myself suffer from this, I come to this game wanting to feel like I’m my 13 year old self playing on my laptop on a summer day excited for middle school. Shit now I’m graduated from high school, got a job, have a girlfriend, applying for college, and enlisted in the national guard. Yet, I still come to play this game intended for kids, I feel embarrassed at times when I play this game. Why is a kid my age still playing this game, I don’t even know but yet here I am. I do however control the amount of time I spend on here. I make sure life comes first, that’s why I will be off ROBLOX for months and then get on for awhile. I myself am proud I’m one of the few that doesn’t allow this game to consume my life, my life comes first. I still plan on staying on this platform and look forward to playing this game with my kids in the future. I don’t see anything wrong playing this game as long as you don’t allow it to come before your relationships, job, school, or your mental health.

4 Likes

i mean a big chunk of fs’ players arent kids and stick around for the nostalgia

4 Likes

Yes, that’s so true. I was more talking about the platform rather than FS. Nostalgia is the exact reason why I’m staying here. As long as you don’t allow this game to consume your life there is no problem.

2 Likes

o7 dude

2 Likes

Let me clarify; there is nothing wrong with playing this game. But my point is, when you let it get in the way of real life, THAT is a serious issue.

I used to be really enclosed when I was younger. But now I have really opened up. I have been with friends basically every other evening.

4 Likes

That’s wonderful! I myself was the same way back when I was younger and now I have great friends and family to hang out with.

Yes, I agree, if you allow this game to get in the way of real life then you need to be open and get help. I was that kid that allowed it too a few years ago. Once I met my girlfriend that all changed and now I manage my time on this platform. Once I got away from it I achieved things in life I never would’ve dreamed of doing. I sometimes won’t touch my pc for months. Because it’s not just ROBLOX that will consume your life, any game has the ability to do that. As long as you manage your time on games and do not allow them to come before real life, then there is no problem playing.

I hope you have a great life and achieve great things. It’s amazing to see what you can do in life, never allow a game to keep you from missing those opportunities.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, you too.

2 Likes

o7 man, gl in the future!

3 Likes

Thanks for always being a chill criminal, cuxle.

3 Likes

bro o7 homie, sucks u never graduated with me on class 29!!!

3 Likes