More ways for criminals to make money

Support, hillview needs stuff. (This is from an RP POV and not supporting crime)

6 Likes

SUPPORT! I currently can’t stand playing V2 and committing crimes, I literally sit at CD or slapping bear when hes on IO

majority of people who attempt to be criminals also outright stop playing Firestone because of lack of money making ways

I once thought maybe something like the laundromat being a job where anyone can go and wash clothing for like 15 bucks per batch and stuff

9 Likes

SUPPORT!

4 Likes

If firestone developers implement this stuff then I’ll go criminal.

4 Likes

Cause then it’d actually be fun.

3 Likes

There have been multiple forum post created talking about this same topic in the past and had a few positive effects like drop in illegal gun price.

I really don’t think this should be an idea for v2. Anything that gets added to v2 basically dies out in 1-2 weeks. When boats got added, for like 1 week everyone was rushing to docks and now I barely see people near docks but I do see a few. I feel like this would take FOREVER to create and once its created the update will also die and get boring.

tl;dr I think its better to not update v2 so they can focus on v3 which already seems like its taking forever.

Since you said v3 should have this, I support.

6 Likes

from a LEO POV,
Major support. we want more types of RP too. m a j o r support.

– MPO and SWAT and MD boi

8 Likes

I’ve stressed it considerably and i’ll keep stressing it: Criminals are just as necessary as LEO’s for Firestone and yet they get tossed to the side and seemingly neglected. Lower gun prices was a huge step but more is needed.

So yes I whole heartedly agree with this suggestion. Gives criminals more to do and possibly creates more roleplay opportunities in general. The other day I got a taste of what TRUE FS roleplay should be like, I thank Karis for opening up that opportunity for me and others and I must say it was a very nice change in pace compared to usual V2. So yes support.

dangerzone1111
DHS:FPS Officer, FNG Private

5 Likes

what if there was a way for normal citizens to make money too

6 Likes

ye there’d be like many tiny tasks to do as legals but it’d pay much less

6 Likes

Such as

Ngl that laundry idea is a good idea, seriously lol.

Or even so you can work at inspectors or fergies, or be able to wash cars for people at cd? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

Work at a pizza place FS edition :eyes:

3 Likes

This would be a great feature, I wanna cook Pizza…or…Commerce business features similar to how UK does their businesses :eyes:?

4 Likes

For real I was about to say, I’ve been a normal citizen my entire time in Firestone, not a single job I’ve ever done here has paid me, not one. It’s either join departments, or become a criminal or was, at least now elected officials make money, back when I was doing it they didn’t. There being no way to be a citizen in firestone without sitting AFK in V2 is one of the main reasons I don’t go to V2. People start businesses, come up with ideas to advance normal citizen life, and there’s no way to even pay employees for the actions they do unless you take other means of making money.

6 Likes

Arson update when? I wanna burn down a select few buildings in the county

3 Likes

Agreed. Commerce businesses really need some form of a scripted payment system in V2. While it certainly shouldn’t be the only reason attracting private employees, it would be a nice added benefit and would perhaps even get rid of the stigma that departments are more official than businesses simply because they actually pay their employees.

While I do believe there need to be more opportunities for criminal roleplay, I truly believe that private businesses are getting the short end of the stick. Criminals have several scripted avenues for additional revenue (bank robberies, black market money, etc.) while private businesses are left with fighting on their own.

I will say, Quest Expeditions has worked fairly hard to ensure our employees are properly compensated for their commitment. We have a plan in place where employees track the number of minutes they spend in-game with Quest and are then able to request payouts of FS Cash according to the number of minutes they accumulate. To request a payout, employees need a minimum of 120 minutes and are paid a pretty competitive wage. Here’s an example of our Tourism Agency’s Financial Plan:

The only issue with this system is its long-term sustainability. At the moment, we don’t have much trouble paying our tight group of employees because we’ve been able to save up a good amount of money in the bank. We compile our funds into one account (Quest_Holder) and are able to payout our employees accordingly. However, the way we fill this account is with misc donations, tips at the end of each expedition, and the personal earnings of the founders of Quest.

With that, even though private businesses like Quest have a solid system right now, there’s a lot of uncertainty when it comes to ensuring we’re able to pay our employees in the long-term as we scale and become more active. I truly believe the key to maintaining an active county is to open up more opportunities financially for private businesses. Should that occur, the need to give criminals more money would begin to disappear as citizens become more invested and feel more rewarded in the private sector.

3 Likes

since v3 is probably gonna take another year this needs attention. not the system that you suggested, but something in this realm

3 Likes

There is a game called ARMA 3, its like Gmod but military oriented. There is a gamemode called Altis life (Altis is the name of the main map). It functions similar to darkRP but its on a huge map and basic economy. There are legal ways to produce money, mining, drilling for oil, even fishing. But a huge zone of the map is “rebel territory”. Pretty much in these zones its kill on sight and a massive free for all. There are illegal ways to make money, producing drugs, robbing banks and other high security sites. But there are these things called cartels, and if you capture and hold them you get a percentage of the money whenever people sell illegal items. (If you capture the coke cartel you get a cut from all coke sales). It would be cool if something like this can be implemented in v2/v3.

4 Likes

Unless firestone breaks out into a civil war somehow I don’t see how having a rebel zone would make sense

3 Likes

I wrote that kinda quick without putting too much thought into it. What I meant is people should be able to do jobs independently like harvesting resources to sell, as well as illegal items criminals can produce/sell on a black market while having to avoid police and other enemy factions. In that arma server the supply chain typically goes from Harvesting site > Processing site > Selling site. If one resource is overproduced than the price goes down after a user sells it, and the prices for less produced resources go up.

While doing these “runs” you can be intercepted by criminals groups and it’s up to the police force and yourself to defend your property and valuables. With Firestone being a Police RP oriented game and a fairly high police presence everywhere It wouldn’t be like the wild west (like on the Arma server) where people are constantly trying to hunt you down and take hijack your convoy. So it could potentially be a viable method to make cash as a legal third party employed person. (And criminals doing robberies would gain something instead of having to roleplay everything)

And with the illegal side of things, criminal gangs “running” an illegal supply chain (In the server its usually drugs, it would have to be something else obviously), would have to rely on their own manpower and guns to protect their belongings as if the police are involved they would lock up the victims too for possession of illegal items.

Firestone always felt like it had some “game” elements that you dont typically see in an RP games and a system similar to what I talked about would spice things up in my opinion

3 Likes