Guns for LEOs [DISCUSSION]

<OPINIONS ARE WELCOME IN THIS FORUM, JUST PLEASE FOLLOW GUIDELINES. EITHER THAT OR THEY CAN GO TO MY DMS AT Kat4Katrina#0835…>

Left and Right, Right and Left. So, LEOs apparently don’t like the guns they have right now.

I’ve seen a post wanting shotguns (Shotguns for LEOs), I’ve seen a post wanting Rifles (Rifles for all LEO departments), and a post that wants more guns because the shooters in Firestone have better guns then they do (Better guns for leos).

Honestly, I agree with these. The only departments/division that has better guns then normal LEOs are SCSO:SWAT, Department of Homeland Security, and Firestone National Guard. SCSO deputies and FSP troopers only have Glocks when they go on duty. DoC has an M4A1 and a glock (thanks @TheBloxKiller123). Ever since the POST map got updated (maybe even before), POST cadets had a Glock and an AR. When they go into departments, they only have a Glock (unless SCSO members join SWAT).

Now going into real life perspective, some deputies, troopers, correction officers, etc. have ARs and shotguns. Honestly, it wouldn’t be bad making higher ranks have some of these weapons.

On the other hand, FNG, DHS, and SCSO:SWAT have all been trained for tactical things such as breaching, shootings, etc. It would make sense that they have these better guns because they are “elite” (might not be using the right word).

It’s possible that later in the State of Firestone and it’s LEO departments, the developers will add more guns.

3 Likes

It’s realistic. Law enforcement in real life either have a shotgun/rifle mounted inside of their vehicles by the driver/passenger seats, or sometimes in the trunk. I don’t know how FSP is expected to actually neutralize criminals shooting at them with an M14 from above hills with just a glock.

8 Likes

DOC has an M4A1

4 Likes

Support. We are Law Enforcement. So, how are we supposed to enforce the law when the criminals have superior weapons and a tactical advantage in just about every situation. Same goes with cars. Our vehicles are the same speed if not slower than most civilian vehicles.

3 Likes

Having shotguns/rifles for LEOs will not kill realism at all. Pretty much all agencies in real life are issued a rifle/shotgun for extra firepower

3 Likes

Support.

Signed,
Loopical_Law

3 Likes

Support. This will level the playing field between LEOs and criminals.

3 Likes

The fact that our Law Enforcement Agencies do not carry standard issued shotguns makes me worried about their daily duties and their well-being. Before the guns were re-mastered, they DID carry shotguns, but now, they are removed.

3 Likes

Just add shotguns back and we’re sorted.

3 Likes

Give them AR-15s or Shotguns

3 Likes

I think that FSP and SCSO should get M4s over M870s because it gives us the ability to engage suspects over longer ranges, as that is more common. It also allows us to get quicker follow-up shots out if need be.

4 Likes

yeah give them the classic remmingon 870s like v1

no need for autos, thats what our tactical teams are for

7 Likes

I’d be fine with LEO’s having an AR-15 or an 870 either in the trunk or mounted next to them, no need for an automatic weapon.

2 Likes

Support.

2 Likes
2 Likes

not sure if shot guns are coming back, i tried

2 Likes

Imaging changing something in the game that no one complained about instead of actually sorting out stuff that people request.

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes
1 Like