Final Press Release, 004

So basically being banned from the FS Server, I couldn’t do much anymore and had other things to take care of in my life.

But, governor elections are out and its been a good 8 months with CanineEnforcement as Governor, everyone has a rocky time and makes some mistakes, but we are all human and mistakes occur throughout.

The first term is always the best, being governor and getting the majority of your plans done, the 2nd is just a slow ride coasting just making sure what you built doesn’t fall down.

Throughout the time in firestone under canine all I’ve seen was mostly big issues that came with decisions that had to be purely made, things said that had to be said and move on from it. And to be frank, firestone just became the same again, not everyone can rally behind their Governor and making enemies sometimes is the best thing to do. Agree to disagree is the best we can do sometimes.

Firestone has gotten too political, it is not law enforcement centered anymore, the government is such a big deal now. The government shouldn’t be the number one task, join a department and have fun, be a citizen or a criminal. Firestone used to be just straight-up roleplay and now it’s all too serious. When I was a criminal I had more fun being than that being in DHS, FSP, SCSO, and etc. It felt good to be a criminal because bringing that aspect to the game of a sense of roleplay and such was surreal. Being a criminal in Firestone is just really a joke, being told you can’t do a certain thing so you become a criminal. And there is nothing wrong with that, there’s no need to “slam” down on crime and keep it low. There’s a level of crime that’s tolerable realistically, even though everyone wants “peace” and “no crime” that’s also not realistic.

We spend so much time focusing on the wrong things, don’t focus on law enforcement solely, being able to do crime and give law enforcement things to do is also a big thing. In v1 all you could do was just kill people and v2 its pretty much the same. Running from cops, killing them, and doing it all over.

V3 needs to bring more aspect to being a criminal, breaking into cars, atm robbery, bank robbery, etc. In Norfolk, you can rob a damn bank and in v2 that isn’t in there, I’m pretty sure.

The government shouldn’t be as important as it is, it should be low-key, there just to make laws, keep departments in order, and all of that crap, focus on the roleplay aspect, there is no need to have such a big government-centered aspect. That is what is bringing Firestone down truly or not, whether you like it or not. You can’ blame it on leaks, you can’t blame it on that its “too big”. The same people are on all the time running for the same positions every time.

It is very hard for new people to come in and get any sort of job whatsoever in the Government because we choose people we know and trust over and over. It is really starting to be like nUSA but as a state.

Thank you,
Zeyahne.

12 Likes

Thank you, and to confirm, we do in-fact have bank robberies.

5 Likes

I agree, it’s kind of annoying tbh.

7 Likes

Some pretty good points which I can agree with.

I may be someone guilty of this too, but I have to say this is a small issue which can have big problems attached.

Thanks for your input, I have to agree.

4 Likes

Dissolve the Government! Establish totalitarian regime! No more problem.

4 Likes

Hopefully in v3 it will be more spread out.

Spawning in aborfield with a car dealer or such that just sells maybe the f150, crown vic, and beetle.

Than when you go to prominence they have more of a selection, the explorer, tahoe, etc etc.

Redwood would just have “middle” price range vehicles. Doing this will have it more spread out, spreading people out in v3 is essential. In v2 its only redwood unless you aren’t in the firestone group, than you spawn in Prominence. Spawning solely in redwood causes a big area and doesn’t motivate people to go around unless they are running from FSP and SCSO. Its especially bad for SCFD who have to wait that its all clear and safe.

We need more law enforcement present, not just sitting in cars, 3-4 vehicles in a pursuit is fine, you don’t need all of the police officers involved, this isn’t no Los Angeles and such, a pursuit in Firestone is very sadly not that hard to deal with. People know the map, people know which routes typically take, what the criminals are gonna do since its the same criminals.

We are just so bad and motivating people to go out and do shit, everything is centered in Redwood when it shouldn’t be, we could’ve made the only path guns place in Redwood sell handguns, go to prominence maybe if you want an assault rifle or what not.

Have places like DoT maybe more out somewhere else.

The only place that comes to mind when they are far away from any sort of action is DPW and DHS. SCFD can be in redwood instantly by the back road.

V3 needs to come with changes, motivating people to go around the map and communicate, have better criminal features, have police just not sit in cars, what not. Police don’t need to only show “presence” by just siting, police officers walk around too, they communicate with people. We dont need proactive policing and all.

4 Likes

You my friend preach the good talk and I salute you

3 Likes

This isn’t going to be a popular response but I’m an honest person. I think a little of this is misguided I mean I believe a lot of the people who get involved with government do it because it is the role play they enjoy. In all my time in Firestone I’ve been a private citizen or a government official and that’s the roleplay I enjoy. Now when I say it’s misguided anyone who actually follows Firestone politics knows it’s almost an entirely new roster in congress and that the judiciary is completely changing with resignations . But I also see you talking about changes at a departmental level and that also comes straight from government. Other then that some of this is agreeable but don’t be ignorant to the fact that others may enjoy a part of Firestone you don’t like and vice verse

2 Likes

And frankly, no one is owed a position in congress or any elected position, as you say you start somewhere earn trust and run. If you run with 0 experience 0 time put into Firestone, 0 effort into learning the politics, the law, among other things why should you be elected what do you bring to the table, at the end of the day even if people aren’t voting for their friends I will never vote for someone just because they’re new. They need to know something as people in congress and government effect my and your entire role play experience as citizens, officers, business people or normal department members, which is why I encourage on my news show the act of educated voting knowing what people stand for before you vote for them. Not just to vote for them based on friendship. But at the end of the day on an ideological level I don’t think anyone is owed a position in government or at all other then citizen. Some positions you gotta earn that’s the way she goes in games and in life.

2 Likes

I agree, V1 and V2 were just cops and criminals. There we’re nothing for the law abiding citizens to do, instead they just sit on top of the bus stop and watch the world go by. But there are some public events for citizens to attend to like for example, the FNG showcase event that the PR of FNG hosted, DOC with their event of letting citizens be a prisoner for a day. And many more. But there has to be something for citizens to do. This has been talked a lot in the past, getting jobs for citizens that don’t have interest in joining any FS department or government.

People are starting businesses as we see in the public releases from Department of Commerce. That’s showing us that citizens are starting their own jobs which is a good thing in my eyes, but we really do need jobs in V3.

If we do get these things the activity will rise in V3, not just because it’s been released and load of people want to see it. But the continuous of that activity due to the jobs and possibly more businesses. Another thing would I think would come will be new minds with fresh and new ideas, which we all need as the gentleman stated in the post. I try and vote for someone new, but the thing is we know that person(s) we trust them as they have done load of work and etc, reason being is that they have experience, it’s pretty much how it is to get in the government positions these days in my opinion. But I hope V3 will bring new minds to the table.

dawidek2015
Federal Protective Service, Officer

3 Likes

Couldn’t have been said better. Except that the entire it’s very hard to get into the government/departments really isn’t entirely true. I’ve seen many people who I’ve never heard of/joined Firestone only recently make it through Congressional elections and even the judiciary (not recently). Same goes for departments and POST (‘biggest graduation class and all that’).

The v3 aspects are perfect. From what I see right now in v3, I can confirm that it will take at least until early-mid 2020 for it to be released in a working game if it continues at its current pace. The developers (specifically Fed) are making promises that they most likely won’t fulfill (Factory gun dealer crap, all the tools that LEOs will have with purposes, having to go to court to pay citations, and so on, and so on). I’m most scared that v3 is gonna be an exact replica of v2 but a little fancier.

5 Likes

I do agree about v3 having more to do for citizens business etc though

2 Likes

Can’t agree more. So many legal eagles, you know who you are, just sit on the sidewalk and scream at cops about laws nowadays and ruin roleplays.

8 Likes

I agree, everytime I’m either on duty or off-duty the citizens just sit on the sidewalk and do nothing, not because they don’t want to do anything they just can’t because there is literally nothing to do other than attend public events which don’t happen regularly or just run up to scenes and watch.

Personally I would love to see something in V3 which gives the citizen(s) something to actually do instead of sitting around.

Speaking in the perspective of a Law Enforcement Officer it seems as if criminals rarely have much to do either in terms of committing crimes etc.

Overall I think the roleplay needs to be spread out across all area’s, and I think all aspects of roleplay where thats Law Enforcement, Criminals, or Law-Abiding Citizens need more things to do.

“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.”

3 Likes

I may very well be one of those but it all boils down to being bored. Also, I really don’t blame cops for not knowing laws, POST doesn’t teach them (end of discussion, they literally don’t teach laws) and there’s so many of them.

The only interesting roleplay citizens do is crashes, but honestly it’s just kinda sad seeing SCFD just going like measures bVmAA (how much is it?) (I know this is literally the principle of roleplaying but it gets very boring).

3 Likes

Crime rates probably will decrease after August or September.

2 Likes

People with arrest 2+ weren’t allowed to show up

2 Likes

I agree that the government shouldn’t take up such a large portion of what Firestone is about. I think we should dial it back with the government and keep it roleplay centered.

3 Likes

Kinda funny because when people do commit crimes (that were former LEOs or smthng) people start saying how stupid they are etc. LEOs take crime so serious (and in a way they obviously should) but not a lot of people realize that without crime Firestone would be so boring since a big portion of Firestone literally relies on crime for it not to be boring.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you realize it, but the Government is role play as well. Not everyone has the same role play taste, some enjoy cops, robbers, FNG, so on, some enjoy Government. Government will obviously play a big role in a role play game based off of a state. At the end of the day there are limited government positions and always have been. It hasn’t really changed since I’ve joined regarding the size of Government. It’s just now people pay more attention I believe.

2 Likes