Episode Four

not sure why I made this forum and I’m pretty sure I’m decently high on cocaine right now, but enjoy. I outlined a few of the common problems I see plaguing the community. Problems me and many of my friends suffer on a daily basis.

Awhile back I began to notice that having a job in Firestone has become more of an actual job, than a game. I don’t know about the other people who have jobs in Firestone but like, it’s just not fun anymore. You’re held to extreme standards, you’re required to maintain high amounts of activity depending on what department you’re in, you often have to work in extremely toxic work environments where you’re mistreated and the people around you are grandfathered into command positions to where they don’t ever get in trouble for anything they do, and the laws in the state make your job x8 times harder. I understand we’re a roleplay group, and you’re meant to roleplay and all but at the end of the day, it’s a game. The department Discord’s we’re in are often extremely toxic, hostile, and filled with command members friends who are allowed to do whatever they want and treat anyone however they want. You try to report the problem and instead you’re ignored because the department head is sitting 90 miles up on his high horse, and his ego is just to inflated to interpret what you’re telling him. He’s too cool for you because he’s top dog of a big department. You go to leave the department and you accidentally one of the nine “resignation policies”, and it turns out the one you decided to follow was wrong. Next thing you know, you’re public safety blacklisted and you’re on a no-hire list for all departments. Or, you spend an entire week patrolling, and filling out your patrol logs, and one day you’re terminated from your department because department high command failed to explain to everyone that you weren’t allowed to include links in your patrol logs, but instead of telling you, they opted to let you find out for yourself. One day, you decide to mess around a little bit while on duty to relieve the tension brought onto you by the department and state you’re working in, and that one guy who also happens to be on duty with you, who’s been itching to get you out of a job for months, finally catches you on a slight technicality, and burns your 2 year career. One day you decide that some people in your department aren’t doing too well during firefights, you decide to host a training at your training center. You go over the fundamentals and your knowledge in gunfighting, and you decide to do a little hands on training. Unluckily for you, one of the people you were teaching records the training and catches you negligently discharging your weapon or shooting in the direction of others, next thing you know, your entire career is burnt and you’re a felon. It’s really saddening seeing someone spend 2+ years building up a career, they work hard for their position ever day, they overcome the hatred and the opposition, and one day, those two years of work are thrown out the window because one toxic criminal wanted to name and badge that poor guy while he was away from his keyboard. Because of the flaws in our laws outlined above, you decide to go to one of the Congresspeople to see if they can change anything, or make something better. Instead of actually listening to you, they completely ignore you because they’re ego is too fucking enormous and they’re more focused on getting criminals to kidnap them so they can get protected by the Secret Service, who are often overworked and forced to stay in the county to protect our useless government officials for hours and hours on end.

edit: You know in the span of 5 minutes yesterday, I cuffrushed and arrested 10 people for ramming DOT and SCFD. It’s just toxic dawg

tl;dr someone really needs to fix our fucking laws and departments. The current Governor’s administration for our primary departments are a little fucked, if you ask me. They could use some serious reform. Same for the legislative branch. We need people in those positions who actually care, and who can actually chase down at least a few of the problems I outlined above.

31 Likes

and with this, i hereby dip to mayflower

15 Likes

Amen, completely agreed. I feel like this is a side job, I used to patrol a lot back in 2018 because it was fun. But I witnessed DOT and SCFD get rammed to the point where they leave the game.

Firestone isn’t as fun anymore, and props to the people who actually try to still roleplay.

18 Likes

As I read this I was just nodding my head and agreeing with you, things have seriously changed around here and I think someone needs to pull the emergency brakes, we need to move backwards.

Those who still roleplay, big respect to you.
Those who don’t, get out.

and thats me done.

8 Likes

if you ram DOT or SCFD, you have no life.

8 Likes

o7 sir, I will never forget the time I harassed you and IO and called you guys mall cops, then you 1v1’ed me and I went 1-11. I will not forget the taste of your ears and your combat skills

4 Likes

laughs in DOC

because of kenster, ttemb, and certified we don’t deal with this, we’re like a family

3 Likes

o7 spook one of the best people I’ve met in FS

3 Likes

Our legislature has been filled with people that literally could not care and I’m inclined to believe it’s because Congress isn’t a flashy job. To be good at being a legislator you essentially must dedicate endless amounts of time to reading texts and understanding law. It’s not flashy.

I know that we’ve had our differences and I know that I look like an idiot saying this but believe me, I truly am trying. There’s some good people in our government that really are trying to fix these issues- it’s just difficult- especially in Congress.

I’ll write up an amendment to the name and badge clause tonight if you have any other concerns, any of you, my dms are open

8 Likes

@b0org https://streamable.com/p11b0

6 Likes

lol i saw that before, good job

3 Likes

A post I actually agree with.

Previously in Firestone (v1 era, early v2) most of the legislations were broad, which was fine at the time. The community was much smaller and people actually got along with each other in terms of roleplay. Congressional sessions were based on making the game and community better. Most officers were not at “easy risk” in terms of losing their jobs as they did have mostly government support. As the community grew, many of these “broad” legislations became useless as people would be searching for loopholes and all other basic stuff. Granted, in politics you would use loopholes for things to go to your side, but I didn’t expect Congress to turn into a bunch of clout-whores.

Congressmembers only run for the job because it is the only position they can get into, are seeking clout, or are genuinely interested in politics. Majority of them are in because they can and it is a government job that holds power to some degree. They try to create legislations that they want to create, pretend they listen to the community, and overall are just lacking the appropriate skills needed to make this state better. The governor is focusing on the executive branch checking in with their cabinets and hold little power when it comes to laws and congress. Essentially, the laws have been altered to the point where law enforcement officers can barely survive doing their job.

The major issue with current legislations in respect to law enforcement agencies is that there is absolutely no protection for the innocent. Unfortunately, “innocent until proven guilty” doesn’t work in Firestone. If you get arrested, everyone thinks you are guilty and you lose everything. You’d have to go to court (which takes a decent amount of time) to get it resolved then hope that you get re-instated and god knows what. Essentially, there needs to be a solid establishment for the protection of the innocents. Should an officer get into trouble off-duty, they should be able to challenge said issue prior to losing everything. Should an officer commit a slight legal error on-duty? They shouldn’t be wiped from the community. A rehabilitation would work much better. They wouldn’t turn to crime because they still have a chance of staying legal. Literally, if your goal is to “reduce crime” you shouldn’t be promoting it by instantly screwing over people for the slightest.

I don’t think legislature is going to improve for a while. We as founders attempt to reduce the amount of stupidity as it is, and we get more than enough hate for it. Sure, some things may seem absolutely ridiculous for you, but it’s definitely been thought out. Yes, we care about your opinions, and yes, we listen. At the end of the day, this is group under a management that decides what happens. I’m more than open to debate with people that have proper questions about anything I’ve established within this community and I am willing to explain to you my perspective. You can attempt to convince me to alter said guidelines (or even Fed) and maybe you just might be successful.

This State can only be fixed by the community. Legislations are created through democracy, we founders don’t overrule that 98% of the time (as long as it isn’t group-breaking). People who want to fix the system should run for congress and other government positions. People who want the system fixed should vote for people they know that have the ability to do so. It’ll take a lot of work cleaning up this mess, but it could be worth it.

19 Likes

that’s literally the entire problem

there hasn’t been voting in a Congressional election in a very long time- at the least 4 terms ago

5 Likes

Legit couldn’t agree more, everything here I think most people can agree on ESPECIALLY the ego of department higher up side of things.

4 Likes

Congress is just an easy high paying job. Sit around and vote aye on every bill. No one will ever listen to their constituents. Two chambers of congress slows the entire process down. There’s always an open seat. We can’t do anything to this group because of the administration. I agree with everything canine has said. No one bans the toxic criminals.

11 Likes

full support. this is why I won’t waste my time too much in a roblox career here.

4 Likes

Was legit about to mention that, most run for that reason and that reason only.

4 Likes

I totally agree with canine and env that people in this state get fucked over by the courts, dps, etc. You do 1 little thing wrong and you get absolutely fucked. I don’t try to sound like a baby but personally, I got charged with a felony for dming the DAG a press release. This state pursues some of the stupidest shit to the most extreme level. What about all the people on blacklist list for dming the command once asking about their app status? Things go to the absolute extreme for legit nothing. It needs to get fixed

5 Likes

I’ve actually had to explain to the Department of Justice why prosecuting someone for one single charge of disorderly is problematic.

4 Likes

The creation of a new criminal justice system would hypothetically require a much more competent, attentive, and knowledgeable base of law enforcement officers. If we want a criminal justice that is much alike the United States, or at least less strict and career-ending, we would need officers that are willing to give time to learn how one function. Officers would also have to be lectured on statutory law, specifically criminal laws and what is needed for each to achieve probable cause for arrest, preventing false arrests. Of course, having each arrest reviewed by the Justice Department is the embodiment of unrealisticness, Stapleton County draws a consistent high number of arrests each day, so we obviously cannot establish this.

But, what is possible is having sergeants and other supervisors review arrests conducted by their subordinates through an arrest log. This can actually make the previously mentioned arrest review idea possible, but this requires officers that are willing to do paper work on a ROBLOX game and supervisors willing to competently review each and checking for any discrepancies, both in the ethical area and legal area. Arrests that are problematic would be directed to the Justice Department or an attorney for further review. This idea would take some time, but I do believe it would make a big step forth in our deplorable criminal justice system, giving those falsely arrested the chance to get restitution and the ability to pursue their occupational goals retained.

I’d also like to give the civil-side of Firestone much versatility, currently we’re under the belief that everything has to go to court, absolutely every BOR violation, contract violation, etc. However, I’ve put in effort trying to stop this misguided belief from continuing with amendments, a notable one is: An Amendment to Expose Civil Disputes to Other Remedies

I’ve also attempted to give officers more chances in their career with an amendment, specifically: An Amendment to Reassess Civil Suit Repercussions

Sadly, my arbitration legislation failed the Senate, preventing a decisive process for arbitration. Whilst it is still possible, many attorneys fail to take this method of handling civil disputes, thus further filling the courts. But, the ultimate goal here is to lower the amount of civil cases in the District Court and open up more opportunities to unfortunate officers, rather than ending their career. I implore all officers to give the suggestion of requesting arbitration or mediation to handle civil disputes to their attorney. We need make real steps in our criminal justice system and bestow officers more freedom, this has been an enduring issue within our state and it is very much the time that we reassess ourselves and the community in its entirety.

7 Likes