Citizens opinion poll on bill format

hello firestone citizens, i am representative policetonyr. currently us in congress are facing an issue, and that issue is our bill formats. we have tried to solve this by setting a bill format law but it has failed everytime. ok so basically we have 2 formats as shown below. the second one is based off of real life congress and senate format which people claim to make it “easier to read” the first one is the one we currently use right now and are trying to set as the format.

1. A Bill to Recognize More Crimes

2. Partisan Elections Act of 2018

Citizens, my question to you is: Which format is easier to read for you and which would you like to see set as the official format?

• First
  • Second

0 voters

1 Like

I dont see a reason we would need to make an official format.

Maybe keep how things are, with people writing bills in different styles, as they both can be read and comprehended by most people.

2 Likes

**stra

ayy**

2 Likes

we cant have bills that have different formats, thats stupid.

2 Likes

Guys, this is just Tony trying to prove a point in the legislative Discord don’t be fooled111

4 Likes

i prefer the bill to only have 1 word u know

4 Likes

Enforcing the “Firestone Format” as you would will only lower the diversity in our congressional assembly, and force us into using an unrealistic format in a state that thrives on realism. Now, I’m not saying my format is the solution, but there shouldn’t be an enforcement on the format we use. Folks, congress isn’t meant to be a dictionary.

3 Likes

a universal format is needed

2 Likes

I dont see why not?

Everyone writes different.

Infact, more recently, when I have been writing ordinances for the city of arborfield, I have token concepts and considerations from both formats while doing so.

I tend to have alot of sections and subsections in my ordinances.

I believe introducing a set format would do nothing but bad, as it would have to change the way that these congress men and women conduct their duties (specifically how they write) as a member of the State Legislature, slowing progress in our government for those who use the more complex and sophisticated format.

There is no “best” format, because everyone writes and organizes things differently.

3 Likes

Enforcing an unrealistic format in the state that thrives on realism is utterly autistic, and would only make our government more of a Bureaucracy

2 Likes

jk ily <3

(no homo)

4 Likes

this isnt english writing class.

2 Likes

exactly, which is why we shouldn’t force the way we write our concepts.

3 Likes

i.e in english you may be forced to write things in certain way, whilst using MLA formats and such. I think you oofed your own self there, bud.

2 Likes

everyone uses mla format

2 Likes

Hi just your friendly neighbor Shark here. I see the point you come from of everyone writes different, less diversity in bills, etc and how it would make the state less realistic.

However, let’s just stop to think for a few moments on the type of people within this state. Yes, a good amount of us are in a way able to read these bills, get general gist, and such but I can assure you not everyone really understands stuff like “Severability” (Something @iSchwenzer uses in his bills) and may be confused on it.

Overall, a centralized and simple bill format would in terms be easier to read (on the floor) but also for the majority of civilians as the format we are proposing is more simple and clear in the way it presents ideas and such and allow people to know themselves with the law easier and as the poll currently shows, more favor the 1st bill format.

So maybe we should add it but that is up to you, the Representatives and Senators but also make sure to keep the citizens thoughts in mind while doing this.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes