Sorry cranky, luv u really <3

2 Likes

cranky ur a poopoo hea shutup

1 Like

reminds me of FSP UC division or whatever it was called

1 Like

No, just no.

1 Like

yeah let’s just expose exactly how bait car operations are carried out totally good idea

1 Like

I’ve never arrested for it either as far as I know

2 Likes

bait cars SUCK! who would do bait car operations? in v2?? what fools!

1 Like

New Players would steal the car then LTAA when all the tires are popped.

1 Like

It’s concerning you don’t know what entrapment is

4 Likes

I didn’t know the author of this here legislation: A Bill to Establish 'Entrapment' and Provide Protection to those Entrapped (R)

… still fails to know what entrapment is.

1 Like

Well that isn’t what entrapment is e.e Entrapment is when the government solicits and allows you to commit a crime you wouldn’t have committed otherwise.

Entrapment: I, am undercover government agent, walk up to you and ask if you’d wish to purchase crack cocaine. You say yes, I sell you it, then arrest you. Can’t do that

Not entrapment: I, a government agent, pose as a drug dealer and occupy a known drug dealing spot. You approach me, ask to buy crack, I sell you it, then arrest you. This is acceptable

Leaving an unlocked car in a parking lot and watching if anyone steals it isn’t entrapment. The government didn’t say “hey go steal that unlocked car.” A person would have to go up to it, check if it’s locked, make the decision to enter it knowing it’s not theirs, and make off with it.

5 Likes

This is why I used the term ‘arguably’, in my eyes, I don’t see a need for bait cars in Firestone and foresee a high number of misuses involving these particular cars.

1 Like

You really can’t fuck this up. It is the simplest sting operation. Legit the only three steps are: acquire car, leave it unlocked, and watch.

3 Likes

I stand by my opinion, and hey this is Firestone, anything simple can turn into a mess.

1 Like

The only way I can see bait car turning into a “mess” is that once the criminal is in the car, we have no control over the car therefore risking escape.

And just because you put arguably in front of your opinion doesn’t make it a fact. And just because you disagree with bait car, doesn’t make it entrapment. Danny on the other hand… spitting facts on the definition of entrapment.

“Arguably police running radar not visible to the public is entrapment.”

1 Like

It isn’t a fact, that’s the point of an opinion…?

1 Like

not like we will be able to do them lmao

2 Likes

Cool concept that hopefully can be utilized come v3, but given the state of FS now, baitcar operations are a waste of resources, manpower and time.

In my over one year in FS LE, I’ve only ever seen like two or maybe three cars get stolen. And its not like GTA is even a major crime anyway yes ik its a felony but considering the other crime that happens and the fact that no one does it kinda makes it the least of our worries rn ktnx

2 Likes

V1, and really really early days V2, we used to sometimes use baitcars, but in various forms of illegality before the Courts told us to stop fucking doing it. It could work but as others have said, it’s unlikely to be the most common form of crime, especially given V3 is filled with trains and buses to be used.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like