BAIT CARS : WHAT IS YOUR OPINION

BAIT CARS : WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

HOW TO?

Bait car operations are very simple. Firstly, have an LEO off-team to spawn a civilian vehicle, have them park it in a busy area (such as Redwood CD) fully unlocked. Have multiple Law Enforcement Officers around the area of the bait vehicle in unmarked vehicles (like the picture at the top of this topic), once someone decides to jump into the vehicle and drive off, immediately communicate with the other LEOs, pursue the suspect, preform a C7 and eventually arrest.

OPINIONS

I personally support the idea of Bait cars, now yes, we do lack training in doing this but I’m sure a simple joint department training on this won’t hurt anybody.

And yes, the Governor has stated in #state-announcements to not do “bait cars” but I’m just asking for the publics opinion.

5 Likes

to be fair, car theft is like the least common crime in v2 (except for reckless driving a train of course), i think its a waste of time/resources to do a bait car when units are best spent doing something more pro-active

16 Likes

This idea will not work, most users expect a car to be locked. Nobody nowadays expects for a car to be unlocked, this will rarely even happen

2 Likes

I agree with cossie.

1 Like

stupid idea

no one steals cars,

would only work if deps could spawn a car directly for this purpose instead of using some random civis car

no need for this in v2 defo for v3.

4 Likes

#MakeGTALegal

2 Likes

If you have read this, it clearly states that we would be using a vehicle owned by an LEO, not a random civ.

2 Likes

stupid idea for current v2 climate

2 Likes

just no. GOOD DAY MA’AM!

1 Like

Honestly, I when I was a criminal I was arrested 1,500 times and the funny part is I don’t think I have ever been arrested for GTA…

4 Likes

omg danhoo2 ):

2 Likes

Firestone gets a lot of new players each day, most of them don’t even know how to get a vehicle.

them seeing an unlocked vehicle = them getting in it and driving it.

2 Likes

new players dont even know how to get in cars xd

2 Likes

i agree. thats why we would only have around 2 units dedicated to this operation, the rest would get involved once someone gets in the bait vehicle and drives off.

2 Likes

those two units would be much better off used elsewhere in my opinion, running radar would be more use, for example.

2 Likes

this operation would obviously be done in a server that has 8+ units actively patrolling. in the long run, having this operation would raise awareness of this issue and eventually citizens will catch on to this and stop stealing vehicles.

#justmyopinion #donthate !!!

2 Likes

I have seen civilians attempt to steal cars before but cause theyre broke, not to commit GTA. it doesnt happen often. could it rarely work? yes. do i think its worth manpower? no

1 Like

10 units on duty, having 2 dedicated to this won’t hurt at all, especially since it ends up putting the felon who stole the vehicle in jail.

2 Likes

ok fr when was the last time you saw a stolen car

2 Likes

2 days ago when @NicoleCrowther was running around redwood blvd saying her vehicle was stolen

2 Likes