BAIT CARS : WHAT IS YOUR OPINION

Illegal parking. Someone please report him. Justice for all the LEOs jobs he’s ruined!

2 Likes

No support,

Personally I’ve seen people go into unlocked cars in order to move them off of a busy road if DOT isn’t there. I think leaving a car out in the open will make someone think like it would be the best thing to do is to move it into a parking spot out of harms way. Plus there are much more important things to be focusing on.

2 Likes

Bait cars were good in V1 Alpha when we could of just used Police Vehicles because every civilian wanted to hop in one and take it for a joyride, but as B_ear said, for the current V2 Climate its juts not worth it

Sorry Cranky but that’s a Negatory from me dog

2 Likes

currently i think LEO operations need to be focused on more serious crimes, setting up a bait car to get some little arrest when there are much more serious crimes is borderline neglect of duty, just patrol

3 Likes

GTA = felony

little arrest? i disagree!

2 Likes

stolen cars and gta are such little crimes compared to what happens in v2 nowadays, it would be better if you just patrolled and got people for crimes actually worth arresting for

2 Likes

The unlocked vehicle would be parked legally in a parking spot.

2 Likes

no comment.

2 Likes

I don’t see the point in this unless devs add the GTA-feature back into the game. Unsure whatever happened to that, I guess it caused too many people to steal cars.

Wouldn’t it make more sense if you required a crowbar to get into the car stealing screen and it would be an extremely difficult + time consuming clicky-thingy while the alarm is going off? Then this would be practicable.

How about selling stolen cars? V3?

2 Likes

I have no opinion.

2 Likes

Bait cars in general are pretty controversial (arguably an example of entrapment and evidence planting), but I frankly don’t think we need this as an addition for Firestone.

1 Like

I wish to state I am not providing legal advice

I believe that it could be argued that doing bait car in FS is solicitation to commit a crime and/or aiding and abetting

4 Likes

CaTcH cRiMiNaLs ThE wAy YoU WeRe TaUgHt To CrAnKyLuKe!

~ SiNcErElY dAnHoO6

2 Likes

I feel like everytime I go into v2 someone steals my car.

edit: Someone stole my car from the CD during an SCFD event; I took a ride to SCFD from someone else, and my car was there.

2 Likes

i think it would be cool

2 Likes

I honestly don’t care as long as it doesn’t interfere with my requirement for ground units at scenes, etc

2 Likes

So, essentially you wish to set up an operated targeted at fucking with new players?

Not what I expected SCSO Sergeants to be doing with their time.

3 Likes

no, this isnt to target new players, its just most of the people that steal vehicles generally are new people.

1 Like

This seems like a tremendous waste of time and energy when there are already so many real crimes in Stapleton County. Citizens are free to leave their vehicles unlocked, but I don’t see any benefit in having LEOs run their own bait operations.

1 Like

just like how citizens stop shooting people, and stop robbing banks, and stop breaking traffic laws :roll_eyes:

1 Like