𝒪𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝑒𝓇𝐵𝑜𝒶𝓇𝒹𝒢𝒶𝓂𝑒

2 Likes

Support,

Signed, Shadow_Pentatonix.

2 Likes

Signed
FSP Lt. Colonel Alpha_Lost, F5

2 Likes

I thank you for addressing your concern. I can see the public outcry for change, especially with the Deputy Secretary up for impeachment.

I also thank you for not petitioning for abolishment. Abolishment of DPS is unreasonable, unfair, and unjust. We will not see it in my term.

DPS is essential to keeping our Law Enforcement and Firefighting/EMS agencies in check. There is no getting rid of it, without giving too much power to a certian government, county or state.

First things first, your argument about High Command being made useless is understandable, but, I can see it easily being addressed by making DPS more communicative about the changes they wish to make, and the Department Heads need to show that back in return.

Second, the power you describe DPS holds, most of the time, needs the approval of myself or the dept head. Firings and suspensions need that approval. If its a PSB/Warning, I can still veto that. Feel free to take up anything DPS does with me, if you think its unjust or unfair, and I’ll happily discuss if vetoing that measure is necessary.

Finally, your thoughts about DPS led investigations is absolutely correct. DPS needs to write rules and guidelines as to how investigations should proceed, from criminal issues, to hate speech/policy breaking issues.

All in all, DPS will need to be more communicative, and more open about what they’re doing. With that, I’d say nothing more than a quick sit down and chat with the DPS Secretary, again, about how DPS should move forward in another reform and restructure attempt. Let’s hope this one succeeds.

Yes. There is way too many investigative departments in Firestone. There is no need for 3 (DPS, IO and FBI).
Splitting up their duties will make them a lot easier to understand and will hopefully reduce tension and increase productivity.

I suggest potential legislation helping bring the big 3 together, abolishing 1 and redistributing its powers, or a potential compromise by DPS and the dept heads.

This is my official response, from the Government of the State of Firestone, concerning this petition.

Signed,
OffficerVideoGame
Governor of the State of Firestone

3 Likes

personally I think dps should have little to no power except investigations. everything else they have/are doing is completely useless and causes problems.

I mean they literally wrote a handbook that limits what we can do with things such as UNIFORMS

2 Likes

Support! #DPSISGOINGTODIE #fs-courts

2 Likes

American_Honor
SCSO Sergeant
SCSO:SWAT Team Captain

2 Likes

Support

DFC TF30M
SCSO

2 Likes

Support

Signed,
FDOT Head Supervisor
Firestone State Patrol Trooper
Firestone National Guard Private

2 Likes

Signed RobinLostic

2 Likes

Signed with support,
UhYouFoundZack
FDoT Senior Public Employee.

2 Likes

If only Fed can control Z DPS.

Support
Former Sheriff tacticalwhale21

2 Likes

Support,

FSP Lieutenant Maine_Aviator

2 Likes

First of all, it is explicitly written that departments have the right to add more policies and generate their own guidelines. However, it has to be concurrent with with policies that we’ve made.

Yes, we did type out a department handbook that reflects most if not all department policies that is currently in place within MOST OF THE DEPARTMENTS ALREADY.

Who said you weren’t able to set up your own department. But you’re not gonna have rules that contradict ours. That would be ignorant, and reckless.

Exactly how is this a bad thing? Arrest logs and citation logs are useful for in the event you get sued as an officer you can refer back to your logs and better your chance in court. Because your arrest log will be descriptive as it requires a minimum of 4 sentences on the event in question. So, exactly what is wrong with using arrest logs and citation logs? Are you asking our officers to not be prepared for court? As they were taught during their time in POST?

we don’t haft to have your signature… No law mandates that

So you going through sheriff has to have a similar process of us making a directive? What do you want it to do… go through Congress?

That’s because it’s mandated by law for them to follow… I’ll grab a screenshot right here:

The Public Safety Establishment Act:

3 Likes

Support

2 Likes

BEFORE YOU READ THIS REPLY, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT JUMPS FROM POINT TO POINT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL TRANSITIONING.

I find DPS’s power and assumption over the State of Firestone to be similar to the United States’s stock market. It goes up and down, up and down, according to the public’s actions and opinions.

Its failure to conceive in cooperation with department children and other government-affiliated agencies lead to its negative reputation.

Many of the staff are contradictive to their own executive orders, which isn’t acceptable at all.

The continuous support by the Founder is the only thing that keeps it alive. The Secretary has been operating the department with an alternate account, due to prior termination from ROBLOX.

I also find it disgusting how egotistical DPS employees can be. Their position within the department makes them automatically entitled to commanding other troopers and deputies, along with some individuals in the department without prior experience that is relevant to their child departments.

Investigations within the Department of Public Safety are completely useless if there’s an Internal Affairs subdivision inside departments. They don’t disclose their operations as often as the public would like, due to their classification.

Prior to this petition, there were many questionable terminations being made by and from the Department of Public Safety, including multiple within the Firestone State Patrol and Sheriffs Office. I also find this odd, considering that some were never declassified or anything of the sort. There’s also some sort of bias within the department as-well, but I don’t want to get into that.

TL;DR: i support.

Signed,
SourcedInfinity, FSP Captain.

2 Likes

“haft”

2 Likes

LOL GG

2 Likes

SIGNED
YOU CAN ONLY WEAR CAMPAIGN HAT IN CLASS A not any other class

which is kinda weird bc state troopers still wear it in all classes but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes