A Petition to the Governor

Dear Governor and Citizens of the State of Firestone,

The Department of Public Safety has caused lots of conflict and inconveniences for both the citizens and employees of our state. No, I am not seeking an abolishment of the department, but rather a change in how their operations function. People resign because of this; tons of people who I have spoke to are against the current things that this department does, and I believe it needs a change - whether it be policies or administration.

1. High Command = Useless

My first topic to bring upon this petition is the fact that the administration and high command of a department is completely USELESS. The Department of Public Safety has practically written an entire handbook for DOC, FSP, and SCSO — which basically maps out our departments. It virtually gives the administration of departments no power in creating their own guidelines, policies, and a general backbone of the entire department. No no, the Department of Public Safety creates all of this and barely gives any say to the administrations of a department. We aren’t able to setup our own departments without FDPS budding their heads in. One example is how recently they created a handbook basically dictating our departments, and they even made it so we have to do citation and arrest logs, which are done with a user interface and database at the county, not off-county. I, as the Sheriff, did not agree or provide my signature to the recently handbook and yet it was published.

1. Power

The Department of Public Safety sure has a lot of control and power over departments. I had to go through a nomination and a passing of the county council to become Sheriff – yet they can basically control my department without any of that? Why should I trust these people with basically handling my entire department? The Department of Public safety also uses this power to hold to use impeachment threats against department heads who do not follow up or agree with their actions, even if people disagree.

1. Investigations

DPS has developed a reputation for falsely investigating people and entering themselves into the most unnecessary situations. This department “investigates” people for such stupid things that don’t need any investigating in the first place. There could be a picture of somebody doing something immature at SCV2, and the person could fess up to it, yet DPS will still “investigate” it. There’s NOTHING to investigate, the situation is SOLVED and should be brought down to the high command of the respective department. I have also seen hypocrisy, bias, and disrespect derive from this department. I personally am not comfortable having these people oversee us and portray this type of behavior. The Department of Public Safety will try to intimidate, threaten, and remove people from positions for the most unnecessary behavior – and not to mention, they will do it without permission which is in some cases illegal.

From the citizens of this state, to the law enforcement officers, to the paramedics and firefighters, we need to put an end to this. Whether you agree or not, you are entitled to your own opinion – and if you wish to put a stand to this behavior, your opinion can contribute to ending it. By supporting and signing this forum post, we can let the Governor know that we WANT change and we NEED change. This is what the public wants, and since this department looks out for the “Public” Safety, they should respect our opinion.

*Side note, I don’t want this to become a heated/argumentative topic, please support or leave your opinion, no arguing or flaming at others.

Signed,
Straphos
SCSO Sheriff

21 Likes

FIRST

support/signed

3 Likes

signed,

mattxtro
intelligence office

3 Likes

SUPPORT

3 Likes

Signed.

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support,

Mr.Anderson

Deputy First Class
Slapleton County Sheriff’s Office
Special Weapons and Tactis division

3 Likes

SUPPORT!!!

3 Likes

DEEPLY SUPPORT,
SCSO DFC devith13

3 Likes

Support,

BeastDabest

Captain Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office
Commander Special Weapons and Tactics Division

3 Likes

Oh, I can tell you first hand the annoyance of having DPS on your behind. Besides that, DPS basically runs our departments. Might as well make them Sheriff, Warden, Superintendent, and Chief.

Support,

Deputy,
SouthernMorality.
Special Weapons and Tactics.
Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office.

3 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support

Signiture%20test%201

3 Likes

Yet you refused to sign the handbook, especially when you had a chance to read it over and make points to the policy writers, to change something, or even give some of your advice.

3 Likes

this is gonna be fun

3 Likes

lets tackle

3 Likes

support cuz 1 I have been with every single sheriff and I know how dps has changes and 2 dps did so thing wrong to my buddy tor

Signed,
Primeandbee the lit deputy the kid who got in swat and who gets hated and the number 1 trouble kid and the most annoying scso deputy

3 Likes

Support,

WarriorMasterKiller

Major of the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office
Head of Uniformed Operations

3 Likes

I mean DPS only investigates what gets sent to us, everything else the Department’s IA deals with it,

3 Likes

before this gets out of hand, let me just say:

keep it civil and have a proper debate, not a big crazy argument.

support

3 Likes