A joint thank you letter to the Senators who think they know more about a department than their respective heads and field experts

what about us congress lmao cant do that here

3 Likes

I legit mentioned that to you in discord color, Iā€™m sorry if you donā€™t check the tags I sent to the administration role in the discord. Also, that typo was legit an error I wholeheartedly didnt mean to make, especially it being the one simple number that messed it up for a day or two

3 Likes

The problem is not the actions themselves, but we are at fault for expecting any more.

When the Senate tried to, illegally for that matter, revoke a peaceful agreement of pure friendship between the Nation of Aigio and State of Firestone, I took it to a debate channel to discuss with the only person who voted nay (everyone voted abstain), and he quite literally said he was fine with a non aggression agreement, but that was exactly what the agreement stated.

The summary of the agreement was, which was 10 sentences, that neither will attack each other or make threats, that we will be bi monthly, and that if we need help, we will provide, and if they need help, we will provide.

The fact the actual President of the community in question had to go question the competence of this Senator, only to find out he was operating on a misconception, and likely did not even read the treaty in question was disgusting.

They usually say as time goes by, people mature and communities evolve, however it is clear certain ranks have devolved.

4 Likes

it adds a bit of drama to FS, everyone loves drama.

3 Likes

it adds more organization. hospital, CDC, state registry, etc. all under one roof.

3 Likes

This has nothing to do with this threadā€¦ Post it elsewhereā€¦

4 Likes

yeah but if congress is gonna go through 10 ppl and still not find anyone itā€™s not worth it.

its honestly a hard position to fill as romedicine is literal shit bc ppl are incompetent

doh always has been to advanced for the average FS citizen, and thats probably a reason they canā€™t get drs (or dr0xy just literally never hired anyone besides the 2)

4 Likes

Competence of the senate and their experience does in fact have to do with this thread?

3 Likes

I mean, ofc they probably felt confused (not senate)ā€¦ imagine preparing a speech to give to audience and then finding out the plan got changed all of the sudden.

4 Likes

thatā€™d confuse anyone honestly.

4 Likes

You guys should have been required to read through the foreign policy, and or understand a bit what was going onā€¦ Mr. Dosk up there, has never even seen the foreign policy, and therefore has no room in saying a nominee, within the state department, that was nominated by the SECRETARY OF STATE, has no experience and or education in regards to foreign affairs/diplomacyā€¦ Sorry, but itā€™s true.

You guys probably didnā€™t know Ambassadors were able to be confirmed until this happenedā€¦ :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Honestly, thatā€™s like someone not even medical certified telling a nurse that sheā€™s using the wrong dosage of epi.

3 Likes

I DMā€™d Ash asking him to renominate the Ambassadors and release a statement about who they are and what their job is. That way the Senators will go in with some more information and this incident wonā€™t be repeated.

3 Likes

You donā€™t KNOW THE JOB OF AN AMBASSADOR? Are you that dumb?

Here some information for you:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t say for me. I said for the Senate as a whole. A message from the governor himself speaking about why they are essential. This is a way to increase the odds of them being passed through the Senate.

3 Likes

No-one else needs to know, itā€™s the Senates responsibility for confirming the individual, not the other uneducated citizens of our state.

But if youā€™re going to tell me, you know the role of an ambassador, and so much about foreign affairs, you cannot tell me that they nominees donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing.

3 Likes

#SenateGate

3 Likes

who do you think the governorā€™s message would be for?

3 Likes

as much as i agree that not only senate, but congress sucks, i do find that a lot of the time its when people blow up a vote they didnā€™t like out of proportion.

i cant really speak on the jon nomination since i was afk for it, the two ambassadors in my opinion literally did not have any reason for me to vote aye. iā€™d like to point out that the first ambassador did not have any speech, nor anything to say when he was presented. in fact when asked, he literally knew nothing about what duties he was going to fulfill because ā€œhe wasnā€™t told by blast or the governorā€. The second was asked the same and pretty much gave the same answer. The screenshot shown is very out of context as well since there was no screenshots of what he answered earlier there either.

With that being said, tell me what exactly would you do in that situation? Would you honestly pass either nominations at all judging from the fact that they didnā€™t know their duties beforehand at all? Quite honestly no. Contrary to belief every senator doesnā€™t blindly fail or accept nominations for absolutely no reasons. You may agree or disagree with the reason they have, but in the end they just donā€™t do it because they can.

Why not table the nomination you ask? What reason is there to table the nomination if they arenā€™t even sure or prepared to present themselves to senate to be CONFIRMED. Let alone, with my experience with untabling, a motion that is rarely presented, both nominations would just be static for a long time. We confirm people for obvious reasons, to see if theyā€™re fit to be in a position of power where they have jurisdiction over certain areas, such as picking one who could either be biased against a certain department such can cause the opposite of progress.

I get why people are always mad and only find congress relevant whenever they make a vote where a majority of people donā€™t like, but Iā€™d like to let everyone know that every senator most of the time has a reason for doing this. We may or may not be experienced in what we confirm people for, but thatā€™s where you tell us about it. Both ambassadors could literally be nominated and confirmed again if they were given the proper amount of information and effort to make themselves presentable to senate and without a benefit of a doubt help the state out in every way they can.

I hope this literally clears up any complaints anyone has, let alone any drama that starts to fire up.

if u got questions reply

5 Likes

I can assure you @Ash1835 quite well to be frank, knows the roles and responsibilities of an Ambassadorā€¦

3 Likes