Why Firestone is on a Decline, majorly

The best part about it all is that the Founder completely ignores and neglects that it’s happening. Much like Trump neglects stuff like the COVID-19 pandemic, but I’m not gonna get into stuff like that.
Here’s a nice lesson; neglecting an issue doesn’t make it non-existent. That’s why we arrest people who commit crime. Cause if we didn’t, the issue wouldn’t disappear.

3 Likes

the main advantage of city government is for new politicians who maybe don’t have the experience to start in county.

city government is only useless because they are ignored. many city governments (eg redwood) actually doing a decent job for the lack of support or attention they get.

2 Likes

last time a governor actually began pushing depts to do things and got people to become politically active they realized it was a lost cause. two founders in their administration, still a lost cause. govt cant be fixed by anyone already serving, all the good statesmen are gone and the leftovers are as unqualified as they are boring.

big boy pants are needed, firestone has gotten so large to where any position of leadership is literally a fulltime job requiring extensive knowledge - nobody can offer either. only a kid would have the time needed to fulfill the duties required of them, but gasp they’re typically unqualified! repeat cycle.

time to realize the founders are pretty tired after leading a lego nation for 4 years and nobody else is really willing or capable of replacing them. the govt has overtaken development in progress for a long time now and its really starting to show, with Mayflower being a prime example of how far back fs tech was and still is.

even though the govt is lead by unknown and unappealing people quality hasn’t dipped too significantly far as many people claim. sure, it’s pretty bad and we’re not getting any better, but things could be worse. unfortunately like any other big group, our greatest and most willing people are gone but the group has continued to grow. this causes a vacuum of intelligence/experience needed for an ever-rising job market.

firestone isn’t replacing good leaders fast enough at the rate jobs are appearing. we had a surplus back then, now we can’t keep up.

also the absolute surge in idiots. really bad stuff. absolute morons.

19 Likes

Alright, I apologize. I skimmed the paragraph, mb

2 Likes

“if it doesnt pass it was not a good idea.”

you know good ideas fail all the time? its just that people literally only care about what the hell they want to pass and to have `their name associated with an idea that will give them part time popularity. literally, its not

bad idea = doesnt pass
good idea = passes.

3 Likes

Issue is, there are laws that specifically restrict our powers. The SC cannot change a law to their liking whenever they want, the law has to be in a gray area and requires clarification (to my knowledge, correct me if I’m wrong).

Not to mention, I am certain that a majority of the SC dislike the county and urge for their abolishment. While yes, they should remain as unbiased as possible, there is always the chance that their dislike may manipulate their decisions in a slight way.

3 Likes

My hope was that my term would lead into V3, but that clearly isn’t the case. However, my vision was that the county would start shifting some of their power to the cities and share some of the power. In addition, the whole residency system would be directly under the cities.

I was really hopeful that V3 would come out during either of my 2 terms, but the lack thereof has really taken a toll on my agenda. The county and cities are essentially ready for V3, we have worked on making sure they are in perfect shape in my first term.

If we cannot remove cities and counties, why not just give them something to do? It just seems very counterproductive to let them sit there doing nothing, it’s not like Fed will ever change his decision on refusing the abolishment of either. I personally think cities do a great job at helping someone get into politics for the very first time, and that’s probably the only use they have.

4 Likes

It’s all just a popularity contest now, the people with the experience never get elected. And the people with the most “clout” in the community do. (cough cough bear)

2 Likes

Bear was potentially the worst choice for Governor, honestly, I want to run - but no one here remembers me from 2016-2018. It just faded, now I’m just a community forums user to them.

It’s entirely dumb, I carry a lot of experience not just from Firestone; but a lot more. If I run I’d potentially get zero support due to the fact everyone only caring about the friends, who is most popular to the community. Which shouldn’t be the case - but that’s how ro-states and ro-nations work sadly.

3 Likes

Supreme Court carries the ability for a judicial review, declare any EO or Legislative act which is found to be in the constitution.

I believe if you go to the Supreme Court it can be decided that the State Government is over stepping powers of the county level.

Unsure, but maybe @Skye_Jones can put a view on it.

2 Likes

#kerbforSC

2 Likes

he declined it

2 Likes

I don’t think Firestone is losing drastic amounts of competency in regards to the community, there are still people out there who, at least I believe, hold the necessary traits to become favorable ‘leaders’. While experience is sometimes important, I don’t see the issue of giving newer people a shot. You can’t just assume that, because of one’s lack of experience, that they will fail and not do anything. Positions in Congress and other levels of government should be upheld by the newer ‘generation’; group of people coming to the community.

There are many people in the community who do a lot of work but get unnoticed, a good portion of those people are attorneys who spend the time out their day working on their virtual cases. Fortunately, recognition of attorneys, in my perspective, is rising and I do appreciate BLEE doing their own awards solely for attorneys to further recognize their morale and uphold work ethic. Some may think the legal portion of this community is unnecessary for role play, but then that just further embodies the ‘cop versus criminals’ view on Firestone and removes the uniqueness of this group at large.

In short, groups naturally grow, the old generation fades away, the new generation comes. Changes in the community are imminent, and this continues as more newer and newer people arrive.

3 Likes

congrats butsworth you made another terrible take

just because youre blinded by your massive ego doesnt make you actually competent (you arent), and you certainly arent qualified to shit on people who have been doing this for far longer and far better than you ever have

fuck off with that bullshit lmao

8 Likes

:billed_cap:

5char

3 Likes

I petition for Butsworth’s post to be removed from solution, it certainly is not.

4 Likes

Yeah uh, the other issue is that the county is not mentioned in the current constitution so it makes it highly unlikely. However, there is a new constitution forming in the future that actually (finally) has the county within it.

3 Likes

not all of it, but i agree with most of this.

government in firestone is unfortunately for the most part inactive, and unfortunately when it is active it has corruption riddled in on almost every level. most people will never even know about it because of how well it’s concealed.

2 Likes

I like to hide all my corruption inside small boxes that I distribute throughout the county as gifts to children orphanages.

7 Likes

sadly true

2 Likes