V3 suggestions [ Main / Official Forum ]

Hello Firestone Developers and Community! I have a GREAT suggestion about V3 car mechanics that hopefully many of you will like. I recently noticed that with this new terrain in V3, vehicles are hard to maneuver off road, mainly on trails. Hopefully, in V3, the trails will be both hiking and driving trails. Weather they allow that or not, I believe Jeeps and trucks should have an option to be 4-Wheel Drive to allow the FRONT wheels to be the main wheels. Many cars in real life are front wheel drive, not back wheel. I know that ALL cars in V3 are rear wheel drive because you can only climb mountain going backwards. I believe all vehicles should be FRONT wheel drive and not rear wheel as this will add more realism. Please consider my suggestion for the new car mechanics, thank you! Any questions/clarifications or opinions about this feel free to reply down below!

3 Likes

They already are.

3 Likes

Why is that when I try going up a hill forwards, it doesn’t work, but when I go backwards it works?

3 Likes

those aren’t the chassis that are being used in V3, @Lidels has made the chassis’ and are being placed on vehicles/being tested before being released into V3 to make sure they work as they want it to.

3 Likes

Irl I fly a plane that has 2 radios, because of this we can listen to 2 frequencies at the same time, then we can switch between which radio we’re transmitting on.

I think this would be very helpful for ASU pilots in v3, being able to monitor the ATC channel and PRMY at the same time, and switch between which channel they’re transmitting on.

Maybe you could right-click a channel to enable monitoring that channel and it would indicate that…
and it would special mark any messages that were sent in the channel you’re monitoring
Monitoring ATC
Then if you left-click the channel you’re monitoring it switches your monitor and active frequency
Monitoring PRMY
Then if you right-click the channel you’re monitoring it stops monitoring, and switches back to normal, just listening to and speaking on just 1 channel

ATC channel should be used for AIR-AIR and ATC-AIR communications, and PRMY should be used for AIR-GROUND.
This will keep messages in their correct channels while making sure air units will see all the important messages intended for them, and anything they need to be aware of like other air units reporting their locations.

Whether this is a feature for all units or only if you have an ASU callsign only for ASU, I think this could benefit everyone

Could also be used for DHS to monitor CPTL and PRMY, or units in a pursuit to monitor TAC1 and PRMY, possibilities are endless!

11 Likes
Tried to edit this into my other radio suggestion but I posted it too long ago apparently

Monitor channel on radio

It’s currently really hard to see your passengers messages in the helicopter

image image
Could be solved by showing peoples messages if they’re sitting inside the helicopter to the pilot
In-cockpit Chat

8 Likes

An EMS Division run by SCMC, as kind of a “hospital sided EMS service”, hospital irl tend to also have ambulances.

I can say as the Secretary that we have the abilitiy to up keep an EMS service, due to many members having experience in the field of emergency medicine.

It would be secondary and would widen the availability of EMS without being dependent on SCFD as the only EMS provider in the state due to it being secondary.
The number of paramedics employed by SCMC would be limited to not take away too many certified individuals from SCFD.

I would call it “SCMS = Stapleton County Medical Service”.

aMBULANCE DOH

11 Likes

The DPW sweeper is only for RP purposes right now. It would have a purpose if trash spawned on the road randomly like fires and you would need to use the sweeper to clean it up. It could also spawn trash when there is a fire.

6 Likes

Hello! It would be nice for FDOT to have these things, I will link them.

https://gyazo.com/a76ca4061bba25272febeffbd4a845ed https://gyazo.com/0facbe1febf0fbc70c40857bc9796a2d

We should be able to place road work signs for more RP and to alert drivers.

Second, place portable VMS signs and traffic signals.

https://gyazo.com/be483af383dba02b97d804c63d0181e5 https://gyazo.com/c868da5b3435ff4ec5bbc7e7b1bece99
https://gyazo.com/7dd92bfb66a56fe7d5f98ea1a155eaef
Placing these would also be more realistic during construction.

VMS signs on highways.

https://gyazo.com/0771639247ad2633cdc44a17bda84a94

FDOT would be able to manage these and choose what to say on them.

Types of cones.

https://gyazo.com/287b874ce507fb085b7ab1c162e511db

Add types of cones other then 1.

5 Likes

this is nice, but it would just cause TOO much lag, imagine if we added all those items.

BUT, fed has stated that there will be VMS signs on the highway as shown below

4 Likes

don’t see why a few signs would cause more lag. they would probably be limited server-wise (max 15/20 signs in a server) or something.

6 Likes

I feel like there should be more speed bumps in V3 because of many reasons. First off, there needs to be more speed bumps in residential areas so people won’t speed when theres people around. Mainly, it is to make sure people are safe when they are walking and no one is speeding

5 Likes

i dont really think theres any point to speed bumps, nobodys going to slow down for them because we dont feel our car going BOOM when you drive over them like you do irl

5 Likes

maybe animated ones too since everything is R15 now?

3 Likes

Maybe it should like tp them somewhere specific

3 Likes

SCFD:

SCBAs with actual working PASS device and alarms to signify halfway and low air mark

Windshield cutter and spring loaded center punch which can actually break open windows

Rescue 42 struts, wood chocks, step chocks, and plywood squares for cribbing and stabilization

Above image are Rescue 42s for those who don’t know

Backboard, SCOOP stretcher, and C-Collar for movement/immobilization

Power load for the cot

LUCAS Device for mechanical chest compressions

Last but not least, multiple hospitals for transport depending on patient MOI/NOI since realistically not one fits all; standard facility to treat common illnesses and conditions including cath lab, level 1 trauma center with burn unit, and one equipped with a hyperbaric chamber for CO poisoning.

5 Likes

idk about that we never even have doh in the 1 we have now
i dont think they can really staff multiple hospitals

4 Likes

good idea!

3 Likes

Phone case customization. We should get a setting that would say “Phone case colors” or “Phone case customization”. If you click it, it will say, “would you like to customize your phone case?” If you clicked yes, it will show many colors on the screen. It will cost money if you wanted to customize your phone case in the game. The phone case would look cool if they added the letter “F”, representing Firestone.

- b0org

15 Likes

FLEET NUMBERS FOR BUSES

6 Likes