The solution to the fire department

The solution to the fire department.

For a long time, we’ve been hearing the same thing. “SCFD would best secondary.” Well, Fedora doesn’t like that, so I’ve come up with a pretty foolproof idea.

Introducing SCFD: Reserves

SCFD reserve members are members of other primary departments. The reserve rank/role will only be able to respond to pagers. They CANNOT shift. The entirety of SCFD will be a primary department besides this one rank. The only restrictions are that you must have served 3 months(or 6, this is a change-able variable based on SCFD:Command.) This makes it so that you still want to be a firefighter or EMT, you didn’t just join the department to get reserve then go to LEO so you can be both.

How this will work is very simple. Whenever we (an SCFD reserve member) gets a call through discord, the call will pend for 5 minutes. If no SCFD member announces they’re responding, a reserve member may respond. If there is an in game call, and there is no active SCFD the LEO will switch and take the required unit to the scene. Another way SCFD Reserve members can be activated is by being dispatched via a senior firefighter/paramedic paging them. Reserve members can only activate to an in game call if they’re on duty as another primary department. This prevents the “Volunteer firefighter feel” that Fedora doesn’t want, among other SCFD members not wanting either. SCFD reserve members have to respond to X amount of pagers a week. Reserves should have a cap on how many people should attend and follow the same training requirements (if this is still a thing) that is mandated by SCFD.

What are your thoughts? Do you see anything wrong with the idea? It’s also realistic, I know some agencies that do it and can be proved if needed. If you see a problem with it tell me below and ill find a way to get around that issue.

Former Sr.FF
Current TO
Current deputy and DOC officer, 1S39, 2C30.
Signed,

Do you think it’s a good idea?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

Full Support. I wish SCFD was secondary but since fed said that’ll never happen I think this is a great alternative. Let’s hope fed likes it…

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Imma do my Fedora rn and say no but the idea is great.

2 Likes

scfd would have around five full time employees with this idea. most ff’s/medics would leave. hate me or love me, no support.

3 Likes

this is gonna be a massive nah from me sorry chief

3 Likes

damn canine

3 Likes

Wait 5 minutes and then a reserve will come?? Don’t know anyone who is going to wait that long and have a possibility of no one even coming, secondly it’s there’s normally no fd in server the roleplay would be voided as only a low amount of people actually want to page and then have a possibility of waiting for up to 10 minutes, no support

1 Like

interesting idea but fed would never allow something like that

1 Like

SCFD should be secoundary in my opinion. In my part of the world pre-hospital emergency medicine is provided by mostly volunteers or part-timers. We have a limited amount of resources here and thus if we want to be able to maximize those resources then we should allow for people to be both fire/ems and be a cop.

6 Likes

eh nah

2 Likes

Also, why not allow for them to shift? I think you are onto something.

Maybe a compromise between the powers-that-be can be reached?

2 Likes

thats where this plummets off a cliff.

the only reason LEOs want to join is so that they can do it alongside their LEA. nobody will leave to do the 3 months then come back.

fed needs to clue in and make it secondary.

2 Likes

In fact I’ll be one of those part timers come this fall (if my current plants come into fruition).

Presently my EMT-B course is moving into pharmacology (in a month I will be starting my clinicals).

Without a part-time option I would not be able to be both an EMT and attend to my academics.

4 Likes

Again, it’s just a suggestion and there is a lot that can be changed to fit SCFD needs.

@speciaIwarfare Okay, then make it like 6 or 12 months, there’s ways to fix them waiting and leaving.

@Fairfull You didn’t read it correctly, reserves is a secondary position meaning they can do both.

2 Likes

Thanks to fed, secondary or reserve status for a single department will never be approved of. However, one thing we can do is create a reserve RTF, or rescue task force which would be activated as apart of MABAS plan on any incident where the number of patients greatly outnumber the amount of resources SCFD has available at hand. Requirements to be in said team would be to hold a position in either a law enforcement agency, fire department, or national guard in the state for at least 6 months and have a clean record with little to no disciplinary infractions. TCCC would be a required certification for all members, with EMT-P being highly desirable. Majority of calls SCFD receive are related to trauma such as gunshot wounds so having a backup RTF would greatly reduce the strain of resources on care for trauma victims, which take up 90% of calls by nature.

2 Likes

I would like to say that the entirety of this forum is A SUGGESTION. There is SO MUCH that can be removed, editted or added. I just put all my ideas relating to this overall idea into a forum post.

2 Likes

hi talking from my ems building
so uh

Was requested before, shot down once

2 Likes

Fed doesn’t want volunteers, maybe the ideas of reserved that are only active when needed will work better for him.

2 Likes

Man this is like volunteer… :expressionless::woozy_face::flushed:

1 Like