The solution to the fire department

Very true but at the same time it’s not bc it’s pretty much only for leos

1 Like

from a real life standpoint with statistic based facts, volunteer firefighting/EMS is not that fucking great. we’ve discussed this multiple times. making “reserves”, which I should also mention is just another word for volunteers, defies the real life mission statement of the fire service, and will create nothing but problems. this is the actual equivalent of trying to make the FDNY or LAFD volunteer.

1 Like

“from a real life standpoint”

1 Like

yea what about it

1 Like

lol this is roblox

2 Likes

no fucking shit. i’m saying, from my real life personal experience, it’s a bad idea.

1 Like

how does that at all convert to roblox
going to a station is WAY different then going onto a computer

1 Like

i’m just gonna stop replying to you you clearly aren’t mentally involved right now.

1 Like

alright sir

2 Likes

If we were to do reserves, you should call it volunteer FD and put it out by the farms and the FFs get a call on their phone there is a fire and they drive to the station hit a team changer and hit the road. I still don’t like the idea nor will fed no matter how many servers you post it in. Just stop trying at this point, feds words are final unless some ungodly thing tells fed otherwise.

1 Like

its pretty stupid to compare real life firefighting and traveling to the station, etc, to hopping onto a computer and playing a game but ok

1 Like

I don’t think it’s volunteer-ish at all. Although many volunteer departments allow officers to become deputies doesn’t mean its volunteer. I’m sure there is some career firefighters that are cops and able to respond to calls as needed. This wasn’t based on volunteer it was based on (not sure the word for it) sheriff offices that allow their deputies to be firefighters

1 Like

A reserve department is exactly a volunteer department your just putting different words in. You don’t get a pay and you respond to the station when there is a call

1 Like

If I’m being honest, SCFD should be like FNG, volunteer. But…since that is “too much to ask” I guess this would be an okay answer. But you would also only be left with 5 full time members. And they would be high com…

1 Like

Excuse you but fed doesn’t like volunteer/SCFD being secondary.

THIS IS NOT VOLUNTEER!

Volunteers put their life on the line for practically free, careers get paid.

When they switch teams they’re getting paid so it’s CAREER NOT VOLUNTEER.

1 Like

As I’ve said before. There is things to change that can fix people leaving.

What many of you don’t realize was something similar was done in the past, SCFD had auxiliary members that would be accepted into the group when they’res a ton going on. Sadly this role was rarely used but it was still a thing.

It’s honestly basically aux but you’re in the group, have an activity requirement and any respected member can join.

1 Like

A reserve department is a department that gets toned out when the situation needs more manpower or equipment volunteer gets toned to calls that need more manpower or equipment or small fires and extrications. It’s essentially the same damn thing.

1 Like

It’s not. Careers can be paged like that too. Volunteer isn’t based on how you’re paged

1 Like

I like the idea. If medical calls are on the server and LEO’s see them. They can just hop on SCFD team, take the call, and then go back to LEO team. It’d increase coverage and the number of guys SCFD has available.

2 Likes

still isn’t a good idea.

1 Like