The Firestone Supreme Court Discussion

I’m not sure what is confusing in my previous statement.

Going on a little rant here, the Firestone Judiciary has progressively built itself (with not much supervision or good conscience) into what it is today; quite sluggish and disorganized. Cases, namely supreme court petitions, have either remained on the cert pool or in a (figuratively) never-ending stay for months. Yes, I understand this is a virtual game and real life is obviously the foremost priority but it almost seems as the Supreme Court enjoys having cases age out for the sake of ‘having the longest-lasting case’. To keep on topic, (meaning that I will not be mentioning the needs for a new GRP and article III) I believe that the Supreme Court should allow the District Court to operate itself, meaning that the Supreme Court yields its jurisdiction over cases of first instance and allow judges to adjudicate them. Let the District Court experience operating itself (granted, yes, one may argue it needs more judges before this is feasible), this can help separate the respective duties of both court circuits and ultimately allow the Supreme Court to focus on its main and most pivotal role; interpreting and protecting the constitution. If the Supreme Court can take on the duties of the District Court, I see no issue in it taking its own duties.

11 Likes

Can I also get a statute of my own?

6 Likes

When did I say you were incompetent?

4 Likes

Now, if you guys are so set on getting more active supreme court justices, who do you suggest?

4 Likes

Cool, but are you or do you seek to be Justice…?

Because you’re both popular.

Can you show where anyone did this…?

6 Likes

If I step down? I’ve attempted my hardest while on the bench to get things moving along with petitions but a divided Court is not easy to deal with. Or do you want to replace me or what?

5 Likes

Slip opinions of the Supreme Court have legal basis. I don’t know what you’re on about. SC cases have been used many times in past DC decisions.

You have defined the progression of any society.

Why would we want that?

There are not many petitions for judicial review or writs of certiorari filed on average, it’s just the backlog of them currently which is the issue. This is not a sustainable idea.

4 Likes

No, I’m saying that the slip opinions themselves lack support from legal authorities.

3 Likes

He was saying in general, if a justice were to step down, replacements can be found. The entire conversation came from Ogax and Skye saying they were no longer interested, and then people said there would be no better replacements. He’s just saying there will be people who could replace people within said positions.

5 Likes

Legal authorities as in the Executive or what? What else could the Court possibly enforce? I’m pretty sure the slips have as much legal support as they need: recognition.

I can’t think of all too many people fit for Justice but there are obviously people, yes. I’m unsure if anyone has seeked to become a Justice though.

5 Likes

I don’t think you understand what I mean by that.

4 Likes

10/10 explanation

4 Likes

Which replacements do you think can fill in the positions if our current justices step down, as you suggested?

5 Likes

Well, having people there that look good, could do the job and don’t is like having a lambo with no engine sitting in the driveway while you talk about it driving smoothly. Somethings gotta give, do the job, or resign so someone that will do it can take the position. At the end of the day the job is going to get done by someone and if you want to directly vet all applicants the Congress is sitting right here so you can.

There’s MULTIPLE doc’s that are still just waiting to be voted on to decide if they’ll be heard. Some of which have been sitting since June, that’s not even counting the ones that were approved and have been sitting. Some of which have been sitting a YEAR, I’m glad the members of the judiciary care for writing laws, writing the constitution, and so fourth but the primary job of the SC is to act in the capacity of the SC not write laws, and re-write the constitution. One is a job that the position is meant to do, one is something that could be done without being in a position at all.

I’m not going to sit and pretend that having people
NOT doing the job but are knowledge is acceptable it’s not.

some of these have been here LITERALLY a year somethings got to give. We cant be in a state of perpetual inactivity in the SC because some people think no one else in the community is fit for the job.

9 Likes

I never suggested anyone. Chris did.

3 Likes

You suggested, in response to Ogax and Skye that they should step down from their positions. Now who do you think should replace them should they listen to you?

5 Likes

Again, who do you suggest for the job

5 Likes

I will do my best to, if I’m not already doing so, improve the docket.

That’s all I can say.

6 Likes

i would also like a statue

4 Likes

If needed I can go back to the bench if such a situation arose and a 3rd justice was needed.

4 Likes