The Firestone Supreme Court Discussion

Over the past few months, the Firestone Supreme Court has deepened itself more and more into an endless pit of inactivity. As a result, we have cases that range from being a couple of months to a full-year-old with no indication if the rulings will ever be published. The last time the Supreme Court voted on a writ was Nov 15, 2020. The last ruling passed down was June 10, 2020.

However, I do applaud many members within the Supreme Court for working on other various judiciary and legal tasks such as working within the District Court with expungements and helping create the traffic code for the state. Their activity from the Supreme Court is shifted from giving down rulings to help in other sectors in the state.

Obviously, both of the things above are important; however, we must be considerate of where we put our priorities. You can’t do both and that is being shown right now. Therefore, please answer the poll below on what you believe the members of the Supreme Court should focus on.

• Prioritize bringing down rulings and conducting hearings on writs
  • Prioritize working with the District Court and giving legal expertise

0 voters

4 Likes

tbh the slowdown is mostly my fault

i have no interest in this game anymore but i also dont want to let people down by leaving :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

^ same with me

all the docketed writs r in progress, a couple r completed n just waiting on like a dissent or an opinion to be finalized, been planning to catch up on everything once holidays were over and i had a little more time. hope to focus largely on that tomorrow

shoutout to kerb for being the best of us during this time

8 Likes

If you guys have no interest, step down from your positions. You aint letting anyone down, and no-ones stopping you. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Bruh stop being so unlikable

I’m not really sure there’s too many people fit for the Associate Justice position atm either so…

16 Likes

Yeah like having an incapable supreme court is a great alternative, at least I know that our supreme court now is competent and able to do their jobs

5 Likes

apparently i voted on this and i have no memory of doing so???

4 Likes

And that’s what we call early-onset dementia.

When it comes to the topic at hand, the answer is simple: the court should prioritise doing what the court is supposed to do: hearing and ruling in supreme court cases. Anything else can wait or can be done whilst waiting for a justice to write an opinion, etc.

6 Likes

no no no NO NO NO NO NO

4 Likes

I just hope we come to a day where slip opinions have a legal basis and express actual value for future cases.

3 Likes

what?

5 Likes

haha as if that’s possible given the opinions over the past three years

4 Likes

so you’d rather have a placebo court that mainly does YOUR job instead of their own job?

7 Likes

the current supreme court is not ideal but it’s better then the alternative

4 Likes

If someone is simply not interested in a position in-which they hold, and have been serving in the community for quite some time, people are yes, going to not like having to find new people to replace them, but we also have to respect the fact that they’ve grown off the platform, and are no longer interested within our community. I guess I should’ve worded that a bit differently, however, if a position is able to be filled or not, you shouldn’t have to feel pressured to keep the one you currently hold.

7 Likes

The current supreme court is slow, and they should be moving much more faster, but these justices are the best we got, we would be much worse off if they are forced out

4 Likes

“Best we have got”. I take offense to that. Every Justice that has been appointed knows their stuff. Back in my day the SC was into fixing things. But for some reason Float and Danny are not picked on for their contributions in that area.

It just simply was what the Supreme Court did - in that society it worked. Obviously, societies change. In this case the Supreme Court is now hardly used.

So please do not slam me for past experiences in which I followed along with the demands of the society.

There is a reason why I - and Danny - both have statutes in v3.

So again please do not call me incompetent.

6 Likes

I respect them immensely, and I think they are wonderful people but they were hired to hear appeals not be district judges. I think the constitution should be changed to reflect this.

3 Likes

We can find someone if you step down.

4 Likes

the constitution HAS to be changed if we want them to do their job since rn they’re helping an already self-sufficient court instead of doing their actual job, so…

5 Likes