Petition to give LEOs More Traffic Equipment

This petition is to gives firestone law enforcement officers more traffic equipment, such as cones and flares, for motor vehicle collisions and other scenes.
Most of the time while on patrol as FSP:SPU, I find myself at collisions. Due to this, I have to set out cones and flares a lot, and I’d then have to rely on other units to assist me when I run out of equipment.

If this gets added, it can help with the roleplaying and safety aspect of scenarios such as motor vehicle collisions or cases where roads/lanes need to be shut down.

Please like this topic to support the petition

14 Likes

10 cones, 5 flares and a roll of crime scene tape (i know not traffic but it can help in some situations) that expires at like 400 studs or something

9 Likes

No offense, but SPU is the stupidest division ever and should be abolished. FSP’s job is to patrol and perform traffic enforcement.

13 Likes

true you got a point

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure you couldn’t even fit 10 traffic cones in the back of a charger for the sake of realism that is.

5 Likes

Hell on my fire engines in real life we can only fit 6 lol

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure the reason why LEOs get a pretty limited amount of cones and flares is for the realism factor. I don’t think you can fit 10 cones in the back of a loaded police vehicle.

6 Likes

can everyone stop calling everything a petition

it’s a request, not a petition

6 Likes

SCSO has TSU

FSP has SPU

We have these to focus on Traffic only not respond to pursuits 24/7. In real life departments have these in-place.

5 Likes

Yet DOT, the fucking department that deals with this only has 10 cones, THREE flares.

7 Likes

SPU should be renamed to “Special Pursuit Unit” and focus primarily on interception during pursuits and confusing the pursuer since they drive unmarked vehicles.

6 Likes

YES.

LEOs are more often than not the first unit on scene of an MVA. The need for proper positioning of their vehicles and scene traffic management is one of THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS of roleplayability of that scene. Those who ran scene control only had five cones and two flares to control the scene, which would only be dedicated to diverting traffic around their vehicles, and not actually protecting the scene or cordoning off civilians.

On the other hand, as SCFD, due to our horrible neglect from the dev team, we have has literally infinite amounts of cones and flares because the limiter was never fixed, and thus is typically able to handle scenes and control traffic more efficiently, than LEOs, who would do crowd control from that point on.
at least for me while i was HICOMM.

Additionally, as one of the first units O/S, LEOs have to defend from FRPers and people ramming the scene (something we here in the SCFD still has to deal with), and having the additional cones to protect medical scenes (and other scenes overall) would be an extremely useful aspect.

9 Likes

Yes, however, As code said, FSP is a statewide department, we handle many of the statewide pursuits, therefore, we need a division to reel in the slack involving traffic enforcement.

7 Likes

what department doesn’t the dev team neglect

6 Likes

fsp mayb

6 Likes

This would be good. And maybe for the LEO’s, they could go to their trunks and “retrieve” more when they run out. So they could only carry a certain number and could leave some in their vehicle.

6 Likes

Then it can have a half cage in the back and cones in the backseat

6 Likes

Yet SPU is always the 1st units to join pursuits.

4 Likes

maybe not cones but definitely flares, you can easily fit 50 flares into a relatively small box.

8 Likes

I LIKE IT

5 Likes