Once upon a time, dpsgate (a tale of incompetence in the dps administration)

the title is a joke and making fun of how we call everything something-gate

with that out of the way i must preface that everything enclosed in this post and any subsequent replies (collectively the ‘topic’) are representative of my and my views alone and not that of any of my employees, associates, or any other entity or agency, unless explicitly stated otherwise

once upon a time,
dps gate

a tale of how the current dps administration is incompetent, or corrupt, or both

Chapter 1
Setting the stage

Following the resignation of Hecxtro, 69superman was nominated by Governor FIoatmanjason, and confirmed by the senate. He (69superman) was nominated, and confirmed, on the expectation of downsizing DPS, making it only do the bare minimum – being to investigate misconduct and appropriately recommend what action should be taken.

69superman did the opposite.

Chapter 2
The Audit

ok

I’m not talking about the audit here, we all know what a dumpster fire that was

so we’re just gonna gloss over it

however it remains a very important point of how dps administration as a whole is incapable to fulfil their duties

Chapter 3
The Bill

Now, to 69superman’s dismay (and partly in response to the audit and superman’s unkept promises), a number of congresspersons and myself (being an experienced legislator and billwriter) began to author and plan a rewrite of DPS legislation.

This new law would require DPS to meet several statuatory (legally required) standards on employment, quality, administration, etc. and would incorporate reviews and approvals in every step of the process.

69superman, and likely his administration, did not like this as it put in limits and checks on their power, which right now is only at the whim of themselves.

It should be noted that there was an intentional decision not to include them in the process until after the first draft was done, as the whole purpose of the act was to provide a clear and level-headed review of DPS powers: as far as we were concerned, DPS had been given enough chances to fix their problems themselves.

Chapter 4
The PSBs

Ok so some background information:

Meet chrisman022805

if you already know the story you can skip these parts

On the 28th of March, 2021 Deputy chrisman022805 (chrisman because i cba with the numbers) was PSB’d for the following reasons:

• Toxicity to Colleagues

• Sexual Harassment

• Revealing Personal Information

Now it’s important to note that the latter two are highly contested (i personally would say that he didn’t commit the latter two allegations; only toxicity), however, it’s the first one – toxicity – that would be persistent throughout the time we tell our tale.

Initially, the main points were him being toxic or otherwise inappropriate after being warned to stop else face PSB.

chrisman022805, again

Now newly-appointed Secretary Hecxtro, as part of his plan to reform and improve DPS, adjusted several public safety blacklists, lifted his PSB on the 5th July 2021 but with a 6 month zero-tolerance period, on the basis that he changes his behaviour.

This PSB was reissued on the 28th August 2021 due to violations of his zero-tolerance policy, changing to a 6 month expiry date: 28th Februrary, 2022.

In this part, new evidence came to light demonstrating him being homophobic, making sexually inappropriate remarks about fellow male deputies, making harassive remarks over LGBT-themed profile pictures of fellow deputies, and making generally inappropriate comments in various venues about his peers.

In short, he was PSB’d for being a prick after being told to stop else face PSB several times. However, this story is not about him.

Oh it’s Automationeer
(for the record thats me)

Ok I’ll keep it short since this is one of the most known stories in firestone.

Automationeer drops USB on representative.

Automationeer attempts to uses screenshot of representative holding USB to frame him!

Uh oh!

Now as part of the range of consequences for this act, one of them was a PSB – which I didn’t mind because I wasn’t employed in any DPS departments and assumed that the scene’d be different in the future when I go legal (which is right now, nearly five months later).

The Appeals

In the red corner, Automationeer, arguing for her (my) PSB to be lifted on the following grounds:

• It was not a DPS matter: I was not employed in any DPS departments, there was no DPS complaint, and no DPS department came into it
  • I was cleared of corruption, attempting to obstruct justice, and soliciting to commit a crime by the courts
  • The blacklist’s length was extreme

This appeal was denied on a 0 ayes, 2 nay’s, 2 abstain’s basis, with 69superman (secretary) and Kamraxn (chief investigator) abstaining, and Marinify (deputy secretary) with CardinalC (deputry chief investigator) voting against the appeal. It is important to note that Marinify would not be elegible to hold the Deputy Secretary position under the aforementioned DPS bill, and this was a fact known to DPS.

Now in the blue corner, chrisman022805, arguing for his PSB to be lifted on the following (paraphrased) grounds:

• The PSB was false (note that he provided no evidence of this) with out of context evidence
  • He is willing to do better (note that while this appeal was ongoing his behaviour was unchanged)
  • He wants to get back into law enforcement and redeem himself, after 5 months blacklisted

Now ultimately, I personally care little over this, and I assume that chrisman will at least try given this is his second time being un-psb’d and he’s restarting from scratch. Again, this post is about DPS, not chrisman. So let’s look at DPS.

This appeal was approved on a 2 ayes, 0 nay’s, 2 abstain’s basis, with 69superman (secretary) and Kamraxn (chief investigator) abstaining, and Marinify (deputy secretary) with CardinalC (deputry chief investigator) voting for the appeal.

Do you see a pattern almost? At the time of writing, DPS has declined to officially comment on the reasoning behind this.

The concerns raised are that of potential corruption – as in that DPS did not make this decision on the merits of appeals or blacklists, but on their personal views or out of spite.

Chapter 5
Sleepy Superman

At the heart of all of this, is Secretary 69superman. As secretary, he is responsible for the department and ensuring that all decisions, votes, etc. are handled appropriately. He clearly does not understand that (hence, sleepy superman).

Firstly, when the appeal was being discussed – superman made it clear that he…

and also that it wasn’t his issue, despite it being his department

and also generally doesn’t care about the whole matter

and also isn’t even aware of basic facts, or able to just … look at a trello

and doesn’t even care about his job

And has reservations about the blacklist itself, despite it being his department, ultimately his order and decision to uphold it, and as we have shown, not caring over this.

there were also allegations that 69superman was inactive, and only in the job for SS, perks, powers, etc. however I don’t have anything to back up those claims aside from an anonymous source stating “superman says he hates the job” so take that with more than a few grains of salt.

Conclusion
let's wrap this up

So, what should come out of this? Well it’s clear that DPS has a leadership issue, that is unable to be solved, therefore I am calling for one of the following:

1. 69superman to publish and commit a plan, as soon as possible, for improvements to DPS, and for him to take responsibility for the missteps of his department
    or
  2. 69superman to resign

Additionally, I am calling for all of the following:

1. The Governor to place DPS under his direct oversight

2. Both governor candidates, @Hobo_Bear and @DyingSym, to provide a statement about this as well as any plans they have to mend DPS

3. Marinify and CardinalC to explain to the public their decision-making process behind these appeals

DPS is a very important and powerful department. It is critical that the public, and our elected officials, maintain tight oversight of it, and that we - as citizens - speak out when something fishy is going on.

oh btw there’s probs a few typos its 2.35am as i write this
there’s also a bit more but i cba to pull up the evidence and didn’t want to make unsubstantiated claims

13 Likes

tldr? Im illiterate

2 Likes

tldr dps has problems and superman doesn’t want to do anything
just read the CONCLUSION

3 Likes

bruh.

1 Like

this again…

ive literally ran out of my popcorn reserve because of all the drama over the past month…

3 Likes

Very interesting.

In response to your statement call – if elected, I would love to speak with you further regarding this situation as our whole campaign is bent around the citizens’ voice. A lot of people have explicitly expressed issues with Public Safety and it appears that there may be more issues that have appeared from when the audit occurred.

Our plans previously were to call inquire on the audit, release a public poll on the audit and further assess the audit’s operations. It appears now that it would be beneficial to further inquire on the status of Public Safety, and assess their operations. At this moment, we cannot properly inquire on their operations as we lack the ability to do so, but we will probably look further and work with the department to mend issues, if any.

5 Likes

hey to all the hobo fans he will respond when he wakes up.

in other news…this was very well written and yes, the pattern is quite…suspicious…….stan auto and gl with ur legal journey once this clears up

i think it’s time for dps to go…! like cut it out :scissors::point_down: :point_right: (joke)

5 Likes

I thought we agreed to stop using the word ‘-gate’…

I have no comment on the rest and express my neutrality.

3 Likes

its almost like I did not endorse @69superman for a reason :grimacing:

6 Likes

Sussy DPS… image

5 Likes

the gate is a joke, see the first line of the post

2 Likes

A joke?

superchrisbrain.exe has crashed

6 Likes

I tried. Fed threatened my job. Not my issue.

Not even gonna touch the audit, you know my opinion.

Congress has not officially came to me. Once.

Bullshit. I told you I abstained because I don’t vote. The others can vote as they choose. I trust them to not include their personal opinions in the vote. I trust their opinions. If I didn’t, they wouldn’t be administration.

If I’m not mistaken, this is terribly out of context.

It had a due date. Also we literally talked about this in the GC with sym in VC and if I’m not mistaken you cited a April date. Out of context.

Terribly out of context. I proceeded to say I care about my job and I’m here to do it, but I quite frankly don’t care if I end up loosing it because I have other things I can do here.

The SS thing is a joke from sym… I’ve never been here for the perks or powers. I’ve never even paged SS. Don’t spread shit.

Most of the problems you’ve listed here are artificial, to stir up controversy. That being said, I invite you to sit down with me, the next governor, and whoever you wish to address issues with proper backing and I’d be glad to put together a plan.

Always legally has been. You know this.

They have.

I won’t force them to do this. They can if they wish however without fear of reprimand.

You already did.

1 Like

Also to add-

If I intervened with the vote and appeals- it would be a MASSIVE bias toward the other side (I have a personal friendship with you and a working friendship; and have publically expressed my hate for Chrisman, sorry Chrisman)

I request my post be marked as solution people can easily find my response.

1 Like

Ratio + POST cert revoked .

9 Likes

What is this whole “ratio +” thing about?

4 Likes

eh i’m still waiting for the much improved directive 1 rewrite pertaining to department employment standards to be utilised after being told it would be

@69superman, pls

1 Like

Also env literally even agreed in fs gen earlier that he’s not the most likeable and why a lot of the community don’t like him and he needs to be less toxic

Can we stop giving Chrisman chances?

The mans already trying to join the National Guard

and god knows that if he goes ANG i’m going to fuck up his entire life.

Also This very interesting and besides the fact that I have a very deep like of Superman and a very light dislike of you Auto, I’m not going to put any weight behind anyone

5 Likes

It is clear that there is a direct concern from the public regarding DPS and it is very clear that no matter who wins the election, DPS is a concern that MUST be addressed.

I will happily sit down and discuss with the public and yourself all of the concerns that you all have with the department and we will address them all. I can’t help but keep mentioning the polls I will be releasing upon getting Governor, DPS will be included in this poll and would be a great opportunity for the citizens of Firestone to write down all concerns they have regarding the department.

DPS is a naturally hated department because of the duties they perform, your naturally going to hate a department that looks to punish you for mistakes. I do respect those who take on the responsibilities of the department, knowing fine well that they aren’t going to be the most liked people. However I do believe DPS shouldn’t be looking to punish people, they must realise less activity and less reports to DPS is actually a GOOD thing as it means LEOs are doing something right.

The bear administration is aware of DPS admin, more notably 69superman’s point of view regarding DPS and we have to agree that it is unfair on him that he is being pulled in all directions by Fed and the current government. One which ones deregulation and the other who wants more regulation, then in the centre of that they are getting shit on by the public because they’re naturally hated.

What can we do to fix it?

1. We hope to work closely with the DPS administration in assisting them improving from their current state. Working against them will only make the department worse and they also deserve to be able to share THEIR perspective on the matter.

2. We address communication issues between DPS and the public, finding ways to resolve and put more faith into the department. This will allow the public to understand progression on cases, why some have sat idle for so many months and to overall hear DPS’ operations.

3. This next issue is more of a issue which we would like to address to FedoraMasterB98, I strongly believe we should try and make DPS a voluntary position. Less reports and overall activity from DPS is a good thing as it means LEO departments are doing something right. With it currently being a secondary position, this may lead to investigators WANTING to find cases to punish LEOs for mistakes as they don’t want to waste a secondary job. That is speculation and I would love to speak to investigators regarding this, however I have been asked to make this response so I haven’t yet had the chance to speak to them.

We are well aware of the SCSO audit and I know DPS has a concern over the fact I may have a grudge over DPS regarding it since I experienced that audit first hand. I’d like to assure DPS that I do not have a vendetta and I WANT to work WITH you all to resolve issues, not work against you. I’m aware you mostly support Sym for whatever he may have offered you, but rest assure your jobs aren’t at risk if I get Governor. We will of course have to inquire further into this audit as we have a few concerns over what happened, however we want to hear both sides of the story, not just the publics.

I am sorry for the long and boring response, have a wonderful day!

12 Likes