Office of Senator JamesDitomosso - Reponse to the State of the County

You opened yourself up to a debate the moment you thought of that bill. I request you respond to our arguments to give the public greater insight into your view, because as of right now, many people remain confused. After all, you are a congressman. Your job is to remain TRANSPARENT to the people. Correct me if I’m wrong, but dm’s aren’t transparent.

3 Likes

You are welcome to make another topic, but this is simply a release. I will happily debate there.

2 Likes

If you wish for me to make continue this, then so be it.

2 Likes

So we should get rid of SCFD and SCSO too with your logic?

No sir, I do have regular contact with citizens, we have easy methods for people to communicate with the county government, the best being the DMs of the DA, mine, and the county discord.

As a member of congress, and especially as the chairman of CGOC, you do.

They were legally permitted to do so. Since, the county charter has it so city councils are optional due to complications relating to them. Last term city councils were completely banned, so that was changed.

Well, it doesn’t make sense how a county executive branch would be considered part of the state of firestone executive branch. But thats just mine and the DA’s legal view on it.

The purpose for us existing was that we would control those departments. It does not make sense why the governor should have authority in our departments consequently.

One? Using your thinking it would be two, since two ruled against my opinion. But /shrug. I find it odd though that a supreme court justice can be legally permitted to cosponsor legislation relating to a ruling they have made. That being, relating to the county government and its abolishment.

I do not believe I am expecting too much power or anything. I simply wish that we be given a bit more trust from our state. We have little power already, so we need some more trust.

Also, renaming the act, to sanctions, as though we are a nation, and removing the part about us being inactive is kinda sketchy… It doesn’t really explain any proof about why we arent ready to continue our duties.

Alright, so you are saying you dont represent congress, but you do…? You are the legislature, and you are saying that we should be removed until you think we can return, but we cant return if we cant exist to prove ourselves?

We are an active government under my tenure, I do not believe we should be punished for being active. It is like saying, Oh, we should remove the state senate oorr house because they are inactive or dumb, ect every term. It doesnt make sense. If you believe we are inactive, you should come talk to us about it. However, I believe we are quite active and should still exist, even if you do not delegate us the additional powers we request.

I do thank you for responding, and hope you continue responding and that we continue this argument and hopefully develop a better understanding of your point of view on the situation.

4 Likes

They JUST HOSTED the state of the county address. HOW MUCH MORE can they be active with citizens? Your logic just doesn’t line up. Change my mind.

3 Likes

Bring down the county!!!

2 Likes

No, I’m insinuating that your job isn’t to primarily oversee SCFD and SCSO.

Well, as a citizen myself, and actually hearing from other citizens, I have not once been contacted about anything related to the county. I shouldn’t have to be in the county discord.

Let me make this extremely clear. I DO NOT SPEAK ON BEHALF OF CONGRESS OR THE CGOC.

It might have been legal, but maybe not right.

Your legal view isn’t the same as the “it doesn’t make sense” statement. It makes a lot of sense that you fall under the executive branch, and it is legal that you do.

No, your purpose is to run the county in a smaller fashion. The job of North Carolina is not to run the NC National Guard, but lead their citizens in a smaller manner.

He was legally able to do so, but it may not have been the right thing to do, as I stated above.

And I also apologize, that was my original bill that I wrote last night before remaking it into the removal. I believe you can run fine with decent people, which is why I retracted it.

I find this entire statement extremely ironic. For one, I do not represent the opinions of the people in congress, THUS I DO NOT REPRESENT CONGRESS.

Also, you say I should come talk to you and you want to develop a better trust and understanding, but I’ve yet to see anyone talk to me about this in my DMs other than the DA. If you wish to have a better trust and understanding, we should be talking. I believe you probably have not messaged any other congressman either, but that could very well be wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have spoken to a few representatives and some senators.

The bill looks nearly the exact same, in fact its on the same document! The only difference I see is the preamble and name.

Well, in reference to the powers we have been provided, my interpretation may be different. We make laws that our county departments enforce.

If you are in the main Firestone discord, you do receive occasional announcements and polls from us. The most recent ones being the state of the county address and elections for the mayoral tenure of Arborfield. And you are right, you do not have to be in our discords to keep track with our progress, the trello I linked you listed nearly all of our actions, mostly ones relating to legislation.

Then what am I supposed to do with the complaints I receive on my desk, if the sheriff or chief is involved in them, or will not act on them? Do nothing? No, I take action with the powers invested in me.

3 Likes

Exactly. I changed up the two bills to make one permanent and the other temporary. This one is temporary. If you want to see edit logs, I’ll happily show them.

You don’t just oversee SCFD and SCSO is my point.

2 Likes

But North Carolina does run the NC National Guard unless federalized. In relation to this situation it’s practically like the NC Army National Guard and the Air National Guard asking the state to form the North Carolina Military Department to consolidate the two services under the state and one adjutant general. This just organizes functions and supervisions. So your example isn’t the best.

As a Senator, who’s responsibility is to serve the people of the State of Firestone, why don’t you have a meeting with the County Executive to see how the State can better help the county perform its role as you have such a firm idea of what you want it to be? Alternatively, speak to the citizens to see what they’d like and how they want their county representation shaped.

As you said the county government is a key role in the representation of the people so getting rid of it is preventing it from doing its job and you want it to do its job, so what’s going on here?

2 Likes

Yes, and for as long as the county has been, there isn’t a lot of info.

Please re-read my statement.

2 Likes

It does run the National Guard, yet it’s not its main task.

I have proposed a meeting, which has not been responded to yet.

I think we should wait a bit and make a determination when we think they’re ready to have their job back.

2 Likes

The one I have the link to doesnt tell me how its temporary, its very vague in terms of when it expires.

Indirectly, according to a supreme court ruling, I have the power to.

Of which, you stated that we should trust yes?
Well, the supreme court also guaranteed our existence once.

3 Likes

So you want them to do nothing and review their performance off of them doing nothing? Because that’s what would happen. That’s like a first grader being told “yeah you’re not smart so we won’t teach you, sit in the corner and I’ll eventually give you a test and if you pass that then I’ll teach you”

Since you’re firm on county performance and the county falls under the state government why don’t you create a County Oversight Committee to fulfill your own needs and to satisfy yourself?

As a resident of the county for quite a while now, I am very pleased with the current County Executive’s performance. If anything allow him to do more, not less.

4 Likes

This is more of a you need to sit out of the game for a bit and rethink what you’ve done deal. This isn’t to satisfy my own needs, this is to better the state. You might be pleased, but I’m not.

2 Likes

You are entirely missing the point of what I’m saying.

2 Likes

With removing their powers and purpose you’re practically ripping off their jersey and saying “go home”.

And I find this definitely not for the betterment for the entire state.

Just sounds like a vendetta against Patchy and/or the county. You’re the oversight committee, but who oversees you? Who do I call?

5 Likes

The bill is a temporary bill. It’s not permanent.

I find it does better the state. It surely doesn’t worsen it.

I’m not the oversight committee. I’m the Chairman over it, but I am not the owner of it. If you believe this warrants an investigation please contact me or one of the committee members and they/me will definitely help you out.

2 Likes

I must also state that I have never since had anything against Patchy.

2 Likes

So partially removing a part to my right of representation is bettering the entire state?

Instead of solely having the state government coming after the county, why not be productive and you know, submit the issue to the head of the county for him to address such issue and see what he needs to improve and how you can help.

In real life, if State Police shows up to back up the local municipality’s police force, State Police is a component of the state not the municipality and doesn’t affirm it’s dominance. They show up and ask the local Chief on how they can help

3 Likes