Office of Senator JamesDitomosso - Reponse to the State of the County

I think they’re fit right now to be totally honest. Patchy is doing all he can to be active, limiting their power will only cause them to fall inactive.

3 Likes

Because they’re barely operating as it is, and yet they make demands to us to give them more when they’re barely operating?

The only way they’re operating right now is because they control SCFD and SCSO. That is the only reason which is a big problem.

2 Likes

Could you please elaborate on your reasoning as to why they can’t operate right now? It’s like saying, “Oh SCSO is losing members and isn’t very active, let’s just shut them down and transfer everyone to FSP.” No, you work with them to get more members and get active again… not limit their power. Or for instance, you don’t shutdown SCSO but you restrict them to Arborfield, where literally no one goes. It honestly doesn’t make sense. It’s like restricting the county’s government because they aren’t extremely active quite yet. They’re doing fine imo.

4 Likes

I really just don’t understand your reasoning behind being so negative towards the county. Just let them do their job and if they request certain priveledges, talk with them about it, don’t restrict them.

Just because a baby may have a few defects when they’re born doesn’t mean they should be killed off. They still have a lot of potential. Right now, the county is like a baby, the state a parent. The county definitely has potential, you may just not see it right now.

3 Likes

yet we are active… atleast in mine and others view

I dont know how more active we can get

4 Likes

I apologize for my horrible woring. I also apologize for not responding in a timely manner, as I just got on my PC. To answer your question, I firmly believe that the county government should stripped of their powers until the legislature deems you are ready to return to your duties.

Your only thing keeping you active is SCFD and SCSO. Without them, the county would fall inactive.

Because you are, like Danny said, trying to play poker with us, while making bets you can’t afford to make, while your county isn’t operating well.

Yes but you can’t rule yourselves with just the legislature having a larger say. The county is not fit for it at all.

You want our trust, yet you bash one of our Associate Justices, and demand we give you more powers than you frankly deserve to have.

And you do. You control SCSO and SCFD, but you are subject to the Governor’s orders as you fall under the executive branch as you should.

No one has ever said you don’t have the right to share your opinion. But with this, are you insinuating our Supreme Court is ineffective? Are you saying they shouldn’t have ruled in favor because the county wants more power, or they shouldn’t have ruled in favor because of constitutional boundaries?

And as you stated, Redwood is the only “active” one. I also find it funny how Redwood recently abolished its own legislature.

I don’t speak on behalf of congress, but you can speak to me individually at any given time.

2 Likes

I apologize if you dislike my ideas. Please feel free to let me know of any suggestions in my DMs. Thank you.

2 Likes

Do explain how we have “exaggerated the truth”.

2 Likes

That’s the problem. Don’t isolate yourselves to each other. Be active with the citizens, not just yourselves. You all are only active because of SCSO and SCFD. Without them, the county would fall extremely quick.

2 Likes

Basically how you mentioned that the county is “unable to function” despite being adequately active, hosting the state of the county address, and properly going through the nomination process for SCSO. There’s so many things they’re doing right and you focus on how they may be “inactive” and how they’re requesting more power. You’re making this seem like they’re a monster who are power hungry, when the county just wants to have more of a purpose than nominating county officials.

2 Likes

I have one major issue with the county, and that is the County Executive’s statement that he cannot “bargain for anything less than complete separation from the Executive Branch of the state.”

The county is part of the state, and the county is subject to the state’s laws and the state’s regulations. Either the county can accept that they are a lower government which must answer to the state, or the county cannot continue to operate. We simply cannot have a body in our state which insists on separating from the state and becoming its own entity.

SPT Skye Jones
princess skye!!#9640

2 Likes

And they do. They can make laws for the county, regulations for the county, and clearly according to this comment they’re unknown to that.

2 Likes

They can’t make laws for the county with you standing up here trying to restrict them from operating…

3 Likes

Legally, they can make laws, and I can’t stop them.

2 Likes

Then what’s your point in restricting their power? Just for the mere satisfaction that the state is more powerful than the county?

3 Likes

No. We shouldn’t grant you powers until we are sure you will be able to be stable.

2 Likes

But they ARE STABLE. I don’t see them falling apart? They’re so stable that they’re evaluating themselves to the point that they need more power to stay active.

3 Likes

I disagree.

2 Likes

I apologize, but this an improper place to have this debate, nor was this meant to be a Q&A session. I ask for you to direct your comments and questions and concerns to my DMs, as they are always open. Thank you.

2 Likes

Its like if your job at a restaurant is to take the garbage out, you are so on top of it that you’re bored, you ask your boss “Hey, can I help bust tables too?” (county asking for more power).

I would argue that the county is SO STABLE that they are bored and need more power to stay active and busy.

I would also like this post to stay a debate, the public needs to see how much each side feels about the situation. Your arguments just don’t make sense and you just want the county to fail.

3 Likes