JayhawkBosun for Senate

senate has a six month term
senate is essentially the highest legislative chamber in the state

why are you starting there and not at a place like county or even house (where the terms are shorter and more friendly to newer people)?

2 Likes

He has experience, I’m guessing?

2 Likes

what

why

pointless

these dont matter

4 Likes

Support

69superman
County Chairman

4 Likes

Like I said I’m here to make the largest impact, and I’ve been in legislative positions such as senator in many other ro-nations which is why I’m so confident I’ll be able to fulfill my duties as a senator in Firestone. I’m not here because I want an easy and short-term spot just to fill up another line in a resume, I genuinely want to bring some change to the state and I believe the best way to do so is by holding congressional office, specifically the Senate.

2 Likes

I’ve answered a lot of questions about the topics you’re questioning right here: JayhawkBosun for Senate - Elections / Speeches - State of Firestone Forums

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

2 Likes

Do you plan on doing anything else besides the things you talked about?

2 Likes

Support. I’m interested to see what you’ll do.

4 Likes

As I’m in office I’ll definitely come up with more amendments and ideas, however these are the highlights I have for my campaign as of now. I’m working right now and communicating with employees in various agencies to figure out what else I could do to help.

2 Likes

Thank you for your consideration and support!

2 Likes

speaking from experience its easier to come up with ideas before you enter office

3 Likes

Noted, I’m working right now to come up with some more ideas or goals.

2 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

May I ask why you wish to propose this?

2 Likes

Of course! Here are some of my points I made earlier:
The reasoning for having POST cadets obtain medical certifications is because of the lack of EMS/medical certified people in-game. Too often there are LEO’s who will come across medical situations, have no certification, and EMS won’t be able to get in-game for 10 minutes. Why wait those 10 minutes or end a perfect roleplay opportunity when these LEO’s could just obtain these certifications in training so we can have more medical roleplays. Firestone is losing a lot of its roleplay aspects and bringing medical certifications to the LEO community will help bring back more of that roleplay people are missing.

If that doesn’t satisfy let me know and I’ll try to explain even more in-depth!

2 Likes

What if a Cadet chooses POST for it’s original reasoning, Law Enforcement Training and chooses not to complete the medical certification course? How do you plan on certifying all current POST certified individuals as well with a medical certification?

2 Likes

You claimed not to have any Firestone political experience, do you have any external political experience?

2 Likes

Law Enforcement often is the first responder to any emergency, meaning they should be prepared for pretty much whatever could happen, especially medical emergencies. Choosing Law Enforcement means they are choosing to be prepared for pretty much whatever the county has to throw at them. Having LEO’s with no medical certifications and just standing around while waiting 10 minutes for an ambulance to arrive with someone who has arterial bleeding is just ridiculous. If we’re able to get the medical curriculum into POST then we’ll be able to stop that. This of course would not be done overnight, and the main focus would be on teaching the medical curriculum to POST classes before we start focusing on current certified LEO’s.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! Support but I’d suggest not proposing the POST medical certification training mandate, they should have the opportunity to go through FFA or a medical training if they wish

3 Likes