JayhawkBosun for Senate

Right. While I was in Class 56 they gave us an option to attend a EMR class, which I signed up for but never was hosted. Seeing LEO’s stand around injured people trying to page EMS annoys me when easily this could be prevented by teaching the curriculum of First Aid or EMR in POST so then LEO’s can at least figure out what’s going wrong while EMS responds.

4 Likes

SUPPORT!

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

Support, great employee within the Firestone Department of Public Works

3 Likes

15th supporter already! Wow!

2 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Thank you all so much! The amount of support I’ve gotten already is crazy!

2 Likes

Support.

/s/ Kamraxn

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Can’t do that Chief

3 Likes

Ya support, just in my opinion mandating for POST Cadets to have to get a first aid or an EMR is just not really a no go. Not everyone needs a med cert of some sort. Although yes there can be slow response time on EMS or SCFD, it still just shouldn’t be mandatory. That’s just my opinion tho. Everyone should just be able to get a choice of if they want it or not.

6 Likes

If we’re not able to add first aid/emr stuff to the curriculum then I’ll try figuring something out with Nicole and the POST Staff, I’m sure they’d be okay with listening to the idea and consider it.

2 Likes

Your input is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Since I’m the only one here with a plethora of medical knowledge, and been leading the sole academy for almost a year now.

EMR is a FFA ran course sponsored out of POST. EMR has never really been of use and those who’ve been certified for it haven’t seen much use of it either. There’s no reason to get an EMR certification when you can easily get EMT-B for the same price. Please please please get input from everyone involved in the program before you start legislating for the sake of legislating.

3 Likes

I really wouldn’t care what level of certification it is, I’m just trying to normalize LEO’s having medical certs. Whether it were to be forced or not, giving cadets the option and trying to have them take the offer to get a certification is all I’m trying to accomplish. I know the POST Staff as well as you and your academy have been working to figure out a system which I think is awesome, I just haven’t seen it go anywhere since those past 2 months which is why I’m pushing the issue more now if that makes sense.

2 Likes

No political experience?

CFL is a license, not a certification

Why?

Why?

2 Likes

A majority of my political experience has been from outside Firestone. I have to start somewhere in Firestone and I believe I’ll be able to make the most impact as a Senator. The reasoning for the time reduction of evidence tampering is mainly due to the fact 900 seems extreme for someone picking up some cash, however I’m giving a range of time depending on how the person tampered with evidence. I’ve heard and seen some incidents where someone has walked over a piece of cash from a dead body and get arrested for evidence tampering, being sent to jail for 900 seconds for something they did not intend to do and had no idea what they did. 900 seconds just seems too harsh, especially if someone did not intend to tamper with evidence and they did not see any perimeter. The reasoning for having POST cadets obtain medical certifications is because of the lack of EMS/medical certified people in game. Too often there are LEO’s who will come across medical situations, have no certification, and EMS won’t be able to get in game for 10 minutes. Why wait those 10 minutes or end a perfect roleplay opportunity when these LEO’s could just obtain these certifications in training so we can have more medical roleplays. Firestone is losing a lot of its roleplay aspects and bringing medical certifications to the LEO community will help bring back more of that roleplay people are missing.

If I made a sentence that did not make sense or a typo sorry, I’m typing in a rush because I’m also doing some stuff in v2 rn. Let me know if I could explain anything better or more in depth!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t this cert thing make post classes things longer? This Is really Interesting Idea, and I would wanna hear what post says about It.

2 Likes