In regards to my legislation involving the abolishment of the Municipal Governments,

Greetings,

There’s been some controversy spurred after my legislation on the abolishment of the municipalities was created and docketed to the House. I have done this with confidence and plausible reasoning which will be specified within this very thread.

1. Activity and Progression of the Municipalities

I’ve always had major queries on these municipal governments, what exact purpose do they serve? Why is this purpose sustained and still existence? What substantial progress has occurred within these governments that directly affect the lives of our citizens? The only plausible reason I see to their existence is because of federalism (no pun intended, this being FEDeralism). This concept of government involves having governments delegate smaller/lower governments, and so on. However, why have CAC monitor the relations of an dysfunctional mini-government that outputs little to no development? Why have the County persist on these ‘Mayor Special Elections’ if these governments serve little to no purpose? By this point, it is all for the sake of ‘realism’ which is very refutable and weak.

1. Lack of Governmental Enactment or Knowledge

Most ordinances (if any) fail to even pass their council or get signed by the Mayor due to conflict with superior statute or the constitution. Believe me, most state laws have pretty much covered the scope municipalities have. In-fact, the amount of effective ordinance is lackluster, one within the District of Prominence, this being https://trello.com/c/exfDgy6a/18-a-bill-to-define-vandalizing-government-property (which I personally regret proposing, it is really dumb) and another within the City of Arborfield https://trello.com/c/ZHmHVXJR/113-a-bill-to-prevent-driving-in-fire-lanes are the only two that really serve somewhat of a purpose. The other Arborfield ordinances are either unenforceable or better fit for state statute. I believe the aeronautics act and obstruction of healthcare ordinances are much more well-fitted as state laws as these can occur anywhere else in Stapleton County and remain legal as long as they do not occur within the limits of Arborfield, which is obviously detrimental. With all of this, the governments can’t even execute one main role being the proposal and enacted of ordinances without problems hindering or preventing such.

1. Ease to our Superior Governments

Finally, with these governments abolished, our higher and much more important governments no longer need to directly monitor these pseudo governments. I’m in the state of belief that having these governments remain within this state just to exist is bound to cause those incompetent and power hungry to take office of the Mayor and reek havoc. These elections receive little to no votes, which leads to them being a waste of valuable time as mentioned previously in my thread. Our county is much more reliable to maintain attention to our cities and can most likely output much more progress.

I implore congress to finally end this back and forth, the county affairs committee is simply stuck to the traditional belief that this so-called ‘government’ is needed, I’ve just proven once and for all that this is nothing but a waste of energy for our great and progressive state. Let’s progress further by turning the light off with these impractical, incompetent, and meaningless governments.

Signed,

signature5d61b48fecae6

Representative

2 Likes

I find it humorous how the district you served you decide to :poop: on, but hey what can you say it’s Firestone. Hooray!

2 Likes

You are gonna get fed law’d soon most likely js

7 Likes

officervideogame tried this once…

was never to be heard from again

1 Like

He said ideally, but he didn’t say anything about opposing its removal.

3 Likes

LMAO.

1 Like

fed will reign his wrath on u, rip ovg miss u bro

1 Like

dont waste everyone’s time by shutting down city govs, when we will need them in V3

1 Like

How so? I doubt PDP is even going to occur.

1 Like

you’d be surprised how the future could look my dude, dont risk this. you’ll get more backlash than good.

1 Like

I want facts as to why, please.

1 Like

officervideogame tried this once…

was never to be heard from again

• rine
1 Like

That doesn’t count, also Fedora isn’t going to ban me. Next.

1 Like

ok good luck

1 Like

There it is ladies and gentlemen!

1 Like

famous last words

4 Likes

The Municipal government has little authority but they are mainly there for hosting events in their city and they are trying to promote a common good/message. The Mayors in the past does not know what to do because no one has set the precedent of doing that kind of things or hasn’t been great at hosting.

2 Likes

Hmm now I wonder why municipal governments keep asking for more stuff to do hmm :thinking:

And instead of giving them more to do and giving them more purpose the state decides to just remove them hmm :thinking:

Don’t be surprised that municipal governments barely do anything or that the quality of most city ordinances is mediocre, if you give municipal governments so little power that they have to be creative to think of new things that their city needs and that is not yet state and/or county law.

Yes, this can lead to city ordinances that would maybe be better as state or county law, but that is mainly because either the state has tried to make it a law, but it failed, or the state has failed to make it a law in the first place. It’s basically like the county bill for medical mischief, which failed to pass the state so instead the county chose to make a bill for it.

2 Likes

There is only two plausible reasons you haven’t seen progress;

A) You aren’t looking hard enough.
B) The State Government holds most municipal rights hostage.

If the state thinks we should not be represented by our local & close up government, who is representing us in state congress because the people of the County & the Cities beg to differ that we rather be represented by our local governments. The State Government doesn’t wish tow respond 9/10 times to the people they are representing.

I’ve submitted multiple Ideas to State Congress with ways to strengthen our local governments to maintain proper order within our boundaries, the Congressman & Congresswoman never respond, so again, who are we being represented by in State Congress, and why are they doing their job on behalf of the people?

If I remember correctly Fedora said he wasn’t allowing the municipal governments to be destroyed, demolished, banned, abolished or any other synonyms, regarding those previously stated words.

1 Like

Why do we keep trying to abolish them, the dev team I have stated they are needed in V3. I agree with the activity, but there are solutions to that other than just abolishing them, I would discuss with the County Council and have them remove the inactive mayors. Personally I think City Govt is a good way to say “get your feet wet” in the govt of FS.

1 Like