Hostage situations (in terms of roleplay)

That role-play was create by Philip_Forth with a funding from facebook.

Heres the full video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWuKRAI3Vyg&t=195s

4 Likes

that rp was actually one of the best ones, it was just simple and funny, everyone enjoyed it.

5 Likes

i agree.

when i used to be part of DHS it would always aggravate me when tactical units arrived on scene and just rushed in, like wtf?

5 Likes

and then we’re told “you’re just mad :clown_face:

5 Likes

Hostage sits in Firestone got really boring after like 2019 because everyone does hostage sits now. A few years ago LEOs rped it because it was honestly rare imo… but now its done way to often. I remember talking to @itzLegha before and he told me he had to go to 3 different hostage sits in 40 mintues.

and yes i know what criminals are going to say ´we do hostage sit because we have nothing else to do¨

5 Likes

hostage sit, most of the time:

hostage taker forces someone to call 911 for no reason
police arrives
police sits on their ass for a couple min trying to figure out how to cop
someone goes in for basic negotiation attempts
taker makes a retarded demand like “Bring me a happy meal”
this goes on for a bit
some leo just rushes in and pops the taker
sometimes a hostage dies but oh well

thank you for coming to my ted talk on hostage sits

4 Likes

To criminals thats a reasonable demand because obvisously no LEO is going to give 10k FSD to a criminal (i mean its possible but like it happens rarely)
requesting thing like happy meal is like a rp that everyone can follow and play alone with.

5 Likes

no one in their right mind would ask for food. be creative and ask for cars to be moved, stuff like that. ik some of it was “banned” (leos arent allowed to abide) but try to think of something a little more close to proper rp.)

2 Likes

I was given 2k once, in 2018…

2 Likes

Borg & I sometimes do hostage situations where they give us a few bucks, even like 200 dollars is good tbh since it’d take some of the cost of the knife. I requested 1k per hostage from a SWAT operative over the phone and said that I would gladly negotiate, instead FNG just blasts through the hospital and arrests us lol

4 Likes

haha you got arrested!

No but seriously, sometimes I’ve been negotiating before and then other tactical officers that are on-scene choose to rush in and kill or arrest everyone inside. It’s beyond me as to why they choose to do that mid-negotiations.

Was it necessary? No.

Was it more time-efficient and justifiable from a tactical viewpoint? Maybe, but this is a roleplay state, let negotiations play out, roleplay.

4 Likes

tldr please

4 Likes

imma say this out of pretext… just say “man… i aint into that fear rp” and u good

2 Likes

TL;DR some individuals don’t roleplay at hostage situations (law enforcement and criminals alike), some law enforcement pressure others to breach first instead of negotiating, roleplaying and negotiating first needs to be promoted, not thrown to the side, roleplay, roleplay, roleplay.

2 Likes

@DELTAFOX91 I’ve seen what you are talking about here, when other LEO’s just say fuck negotiations and decide to pressure tactical teams to flash and breach and it doesn’t get the job done correctly when you think to do something like that when you arrive on the scene, the last thing we are gonna have if we do that all the time is a dead hostage and then it falls on the tactical team’s hands for the dead hostage. Typically, the tactic is rarely used which is good because the tactic should only be used when negotiations completely fail or any other circumstance. The LEO’s that pressure tactical teams are the impatient ones and they shouldn’t be an LEO if they are impatient then they shouldn’t be an LEO and shouldn’t have a job with the inpatients they have. If someone could provide me wrong then I’ll totally be fine with it since not everyone has to be right all the time.

5 Likes

there have been so many forum posts about this very problem that I couldn’t even find this one.

here’s another clip of FNG being FNG.

didn’t attempt to negotiate at ALL, they complain about us “not attempting to comply with them” but all they did was gas
enhanced roleplay conducted by FNG which were in Redwood for no absolute reason instead of staying at base.
7 Likes

i dont get the point of buying a drill to just get flashbanged and blasted by tactical units. waste of 1k…

10 Likes

not to mention the fact Redwood Bank should be broke

after getting robbed multiple times every day…

3 Likes

You could say that rushing in should be considered fail roleplay or follow with department-issued discipline, however, scenes are always changing in real-time and so sometimes a blitz rush is the only way to regain control with minimal casualties.

It could become a policy where tactical officers must attempt negotiation first, unless X or Y occurs, before they’re allowed to consider breaching, however, it might only work in cases where there’s 3-4 (or more) tactical officers on-scene because they’re able to spread out their duties between them. If there were only 1-2 tactical officers, it’s more difficult because you won’t have those extra officers standing guard, prepared to breach if it all goes to hell - they’ll have to react and improvise at lightning speed.

It’s a bit of an issue where committing to any action to prevent it is on the fence. Yes, a policy could reduce it occurring in the long run, but it could also compromise a tactical officers options and put pressure on them simply trying to carry out their job.

Let’s just say that it would need a lot of thought and discussion before any policy/etc were formed.

2 Likes

I would like to remind to you that Fed establishes roleplay guidelines. All questions in this case are to Fed. Fed basically prohibited us to meet any demands at all, therefore negotiations are no longer possible and are officially limited to
“Surrender”
“no”
“Ok we’re breaching then”
This is not our fault and, infact, we tried to stop Fed from changing the way hostage situations work, but he refused to listen to us.
You, as a SWAT Operative, probably should know better about this situation.

P.S. Anyone whining about tactical teams rushing hostage situations should probably learn how to prevent them from rushing instead of whining.

3 Likes