Firestone Roleplay is Flawed

T’would be nice to have an invite only dedicated roleplay server for FS :thinking:

3 Likes

Well yeah that would act as a filter to filter out incompetent people.

1 Like

You are the contribution to the problem you present.

The FRP guide was intended to prevent game-breaking toxic actions of players to make the game more enjoyable. It is not as easily enforceable as everyone intends it to be. The “fancy term” of “metagaming” is actually a term used in roleplaying games and is not merely “fancy.” How many times have you seen the court sentence someone because of a youtube video, twitch livestream, or otherwise? Sure, you might say in real life it is the fault of the people if they record yourself, but you’ve got to remind yourself that we are playing on a kids platform. No one wants to join a game to serve over 30 minutes in prison unless they are dedicated enough. You are CRT, you find enjoyment in enforcing the law. To find that enjoyment, you need criminals. To find even more enjoyment, you need roleplaying criminals. Except, you don’t even roleplay yourself so I don’t know what you find enjoyment in.

You act like it’s easy for us to implement game mods and give them god’s power in game. The fact at hand is moderators themselves are players of the game. If we start giving them god’s tools, the chance of abuse is higher. They were established originally to fight exploiters, but as we have grown community-wise, we’ve allowed game moderators to moderate the FRP guide. They don’t need to be the all-seeing and watch the entire world. What will the live chat feed do for them? Ban any chat bypassers? Ban anyone that say they’re about to exploit? How are they going to watch your traffic stop and watch the hostage situation on the other side of the map at the same time? You have way too high of an expectation. If the game moderators are not responding to your -help call, then I haven’t done a good job of hiring a variety of moderators from different timezones. They have enough tools as necessary to deal with issues they are meant to deal with. I am sorry that they can not play “God” and be players themselves. They want to play to, let them play. They want to sit at the bus stop and chill? Let them do that. They are a player just like you, just not with the same job.

I believe you fail to recognize that Roblox is a game intended from age 7. Because of the size of Firestone, a group well over 70,000 players, you can expect randoms from all different kinds of age joining the County. Unfortunately, because it is free access, anyone can join and mess around. I personally believe that if we stayed in paid access, the quality of gameplay would be so much better. If someone can’t afford access, I’m sure us founders would be more than willing to donate for game access. After all, we do donate for the cost of group uniforms. The idea of keeping v3 paid access has been brought up, and there have been concerns with regards to people being able to afford said game. Like I said, us founders are willing to donate to players that are competent and overall just want to play the game. I mean, after you get banned, are you really going to try and waste a couple days getting access for your alt account again? You’d be wasting plenty of time that half the incompetent toxic players won’t even bother returning. Also, unfortunately, we can not link the FRP guide on the Roblox website as it is an external third party website, against the Roblox Terms of Service.

You complain about quality of roleplay yet you say using “/me’s” is autistic. Please, pick a side before presenting your argument. One of the aspects of quality roleplay is making your character do actions that would be done in real life, even if there is no access to it in-game. I agree, cops saying -tackles- while running is difficult and obviously shouldn’t really be done, but -cooks- or -swings a punch- isn’t really gamebreaking and actually enhances roleplay. It is our intention that in v3 we add as much tool actions as we can to prevent the amount of “/me’s” being used. You can submit development suggestions in Suggestions and we’ll be more than happy to take a look at it. Understanding as you are CRT and all you want to do is take out your gun, taser, and/or handcuffs and just shoot, tase, and/or arrest respectively without any aspect of roleplay, as you did state you do not roleplay, I don’t expect you to understand quality of roleplay.

Unfortunately for us, we live in a world with toxic individuals present. You will always meet someone who wants to do harm for others . Game moderators have a strict guideline when banning individuals. Each ban requires proof that is indisputable. If you see cops getting temporarily banned from the game, that’s because they were clearly in the wrong and there is indisputable evidence against them. Officers do not have to use -tackles- to get someone out of a car like you did say. Additionally, if the said criminal did FRP, the cop does not have to roleplay with them in the same instance. That’s just how the game works. If you believe that if a criminal flips their car after being flipped and you still have to roleplay HRS (as we would like you to), you don’t actually have to. The roleplay experience lands on the community, not us on the founders. We will do our best we can in v3 to make the roleplay experience heavily based on in-game mechanics, but we can only do so much. At the end of the day, the community is responsible for the direction of gameplay.

Mayflower is a non-roleplay group where you go to if you just want to repeatedly kill people or repeatedly die. nUSA is a group where you go to if you want to be cuff-rushed 24/7.

Start roleplaying before speaking. You contribute to the problem you are so disturbed by.

9 Likes

ok !!!

1 Like

Would totally agree to this to be honest NO ONE I mean no one role plays I try my beast really but the object is just be as agressive as possible and not really actually play the game in a rping way such as im robbing a bank oh lets all just run out the bank all of a sudden and i drive off without being caught oh wow. Just recently I was banned for FRP for swimming in water how fucked is that I was just ROLEPLAYING swimming in water fucking retarded. https://gyazo.com/28345d1e9b81af6de5d130cea3be3c31
https://prnt.sc/r1h95e

1 Like

metagaming is used as a rule in like every major roleplay game blah blah

1 Like

Sir, the author of this post is apart of the Crisis Response Team who responds to bank robberies many times. He decided that he does not roleplay. Nothing I can do except do preventative measures in v3.

2 Likes

Env if you could take a look at this that would be great cus i dont actaully think it was frp

1 Like

big meme after all watch out swimming to run away from officers is FRP!!

1 Like

i totally agree env thanks for putting it out there no one rps a bank robbery especially the leos thats why we do stupid ways to rob the banks because well end up getting gassed

1 Like

RP at banks? funny guy only a handful of officers actually RP in every single situation like seriously

1 Like

like you tom i thank you for actually rping

1 Like

I am cracked on the RP experience

1 Like

us criminals thank you

1 Like

env really quickly whilst were on the topic of frp i honestly dont think i should be banned rn for ‘FRP’ frp my ass i was swimming to get away so what people can get away by swimming irl in a chase is that such a problem

1 Like

Is it me or is env the only one who noticed and pointed out that the author of this topic is a hypocrite?

3 Likes

i noticed

2 Likes

depends ive only seen doktor like four i wouldnt know

2 Likes

i really hope v3 has some sort of underwater breath/stamina system similar to gta, its bs when someone just jumps in the water and boom they’re just gone and you can’t see them to catch them, or see which way they’re going to wait for them at land

2 Likes

bitch show me a single person irl that got away from police by diving for literally a kilometer to the other side of a lake

1 Like