FFA deadlocked in the senate; a public opinion poll

FFA doesn’t just serve the SCFD. FFA is statewide, so anybody who is looking for a medical certification through FFA can take it. Much like POST, where you can have a choice on where you go, FFA does the same with its academy. Your statement is not very true, and we can back up the fact that not all FFA graduates apply into the SCFD. Some apply for a medical certification so they can help out on our scenes. I don’t see this being an issue, no?

5 Likes

With all due respect I do not believe that I have mispoken… if I have then I apologize…

what I think happened here is you may have interpreted my suggestion at a possible compromise as a steadfast way of how it should be handled…

What we have going on is we have two camps… those that think that FFA should be established as is and those that want it to exist but under a different layout…

both sides refuse to compromise… so I’m just trying to help everyone along…

Technically speaking, they can still do their thing at the county or the state level with no alteration the fact that they grant certifications…

in any event… just an idea… please don’t shoot the messenger…

5 Likes

“FFA isn’t immune from civil actions; just because it isn’t “legally” defined in any legislation thereof doesn’t automatically grant it immunity from any sort of lawsuit. If the FFA violates (as an example) one’s constitutional rights, that individual may be entitled to damages from the FFA and can pursue a suit against them (regardless of their status as a de facto academy). I think it is also disturbing to see how the academy blatantly ignores the FS Bill of Rights which protects similar rights when compared to the employment rights law.”

5 Likes

once again can you please message me on discord? i’m interested to know how we ignore the BoR, i haven’t received any complaints of that variety.

6 Likes

Please do elaborate on your allegations

5 Likes

Oh, forgot about that part.

I think that statement arose from this thread (Allow FFA to be sued in the court) in relation to the BoR but if I’m wrong, sorry that I inadvertently slandered the academy.

5 Likes

Either both POST and FFA go under a board of certs or both go under the governor. Anything else is so stupid.

Honestly just throw them both under a board of certs which is under the governor and your good to go.

5 Likes

I just find it funny that the Senate was talking about how they dislike it being under the governor and they proposed a “Board of Certification” which happens to be chosen by the Governor and FFA/POST is still under the executive branch, just with extra steps.

5 Likes

This is @Samtella idea, (Correct me if im wrong sam)

• An external board will be created under the executive branch which would house a “Medical Oversight Committee/Board”.
  • The board would be made up of the following:
  • SCFD Chief & Delegate
  • DOH Secretary & Delegate
  • FFA Director & Delegate
  • A Founder

(Each fire/ems department will have a spot on the board with the department head and ONE other delegate. For example, tow23er is the FFA Director, he wants CaptainCrosslay to serve as his delegate)

The board will be headed by a Chairmen which will be voted on by the board. (Similar to how a municipal government elects/appoints its chairmen. The chairmen will be proposing votes to the committee and making more set in stone policies for the medical community. The issue that constantly appears is that if you go to DOH for an EMT-P (Back when they hosted it of course) it was easier than going through FFA for an EMT-P. What this board can do (similar to the health supervisory board) is make it so that there’s a set in stone of what has to be in the curriculums and instead make it so that those who want to be able to issue certifications will have the proper oversight and the proper material, rather than just making a half ass one yourself.

From this bill, all that is really changing is moving down FFA to the sub-cabinet level which makes it so the Governor can appoint/nominate the Director without the confirmation process (Correct me if im wrong you legal nerds). With it also being sub-cabinet the Director will not have to get reconfirmed as he would if he was established at the cabinet level.

It’s arguable that both sides of the argument are valid however is it worth all this arguing? Simply no it is not. If you compare the pros and cons of both ideas they are both merely not “horrible ideas” however I get where towers argument is coming from. People will constantly pull the “FFA = POST” card. Yeah we do the same thing as POST. Should we be cabinet level? I’ll leave that up to you to decide. The board is not really a bad idea from what I was told about it, it would go amazing if it’s regulated and kept up to date well. This board also being external is also better to help regulate all sides of the Medical side of Firestone. Simply to put it, as tower has said we have direct communications to SCFD and other key factors within our discord. Are communications strong? They can always be worked on, however we try to voice our opinions to SCFD, DOH and others who will be impacted by our decisions.

If there are ever issues with FFA or how it operates you can always contact either tower or I and we’ll accept your complaints and aim to fix them.

Regards,
CaptainCrosslay
FFA Deputy Director

p.s. This is a response/rant/information sorry if it’s long!

8 Likes

I agree with what you said, now before I make any claims, I am in no way FFA certified, nor have I ever served in the medical community within Firestone. But I do have experience running “Boards” and other concepts within plenty of groups and private companies, so here is my response.

I am actually completely down for this, and the reason why is I believe that only having one academy kinda limits the options of many people. If we take a look into real life we actually have hundreds of academies for certain things, and if DOH and FFA were operating but at different levels, I think that would be kinda cool. Like DOH hosting an academy which was spread out over 2 months and the time was less intensive, so the people who had school or awkward time schedules would still be able to apply, while FFA was more of a faster and more time-intensive structure,

This is a good idea on paper, in many cases, a board can be beneficial to anything, as it creates a faux-democracy and requires people to communicate in such a way to make decisions that would be seen as drastic or a big change. But let me take you back and remind you about Local Governments, in most cases City Councils serve 0 purpose in bigger state groups, and I know that these are the same thing, but I’m more giving a connection between these small boards. The board would work for a couple of months, but after such, it would slowly start to fall apart, people will slowly get bored of it and the chairman will end up doing all the work instead of having a unified vote to change things

Again, these are only my opinions, and I can’t really say with any certainty that these are the right way to do things, but this is just from my own experience.

4 Likes

Adding onto what crosslay said, the head of the board will be Cabinet, giving F/EMS that time of representation(sorry sam if i misread our conversation)

4 Likes

The head of the board wouldn’t be cabinet, it would just be a committee under the Executive Branch. The Head of the board is someone who is currently on the board voted on by the rest of the board. Similar to how the House of Representatives vote on the Speaker of the House. (Correct me if im wrong). @Samtella (Also correct me if im misunderstanding the portion of the cabinet)

4 Likes

man can we just listen to the community. there’s no reason for us to go through all of this.

8 Likes

I disagree, mainly because the Chairmen cannot pass anything without a vote from the board. Similar to how it already is on the Supervisory Board

4 Likes

Boards never tend to work in Roblox because in the end, it’s a game and people don’t tend to a position on a board seriously unless you heavily enforce it. I’m not saying this board will fall apart, hell I hope it doesn’t because I love seeing Boards being created as it incorporates many ideas and as I said people, it creates a mini-democracy. If the board idea do goes through, I really hope you make sure it stays as you say it does.

4 Likes

Supervisory board does the following;

1. They connive over cert matters (Must have a simple majority to revoke)
  2. They investigate and vote on malpractice
  3. They control the scope of practice (Votes on adding and removing things from the scope)
  4. Controlling what you can carry in your “off duty” matter
  5. Additions of new medical certs (NP most recognizable)

and many other things. The supervisory board has been operating for a while now and does not present any issues as it’s a small group of people with positions within the Medical Community.

4 Likes

the board is a terrible idea, there’s already 2 medical boards and there’s legit no need for any fire board overseeing that stuff. a majority of the fire/ems community agrees.

i’m tired of being mistreated. now the bill keeps POST as cabinet, but makes FFA subcabinet. wtf??

6 Likes

The way Sam described it to me was post itself is a commission for LEO, keeping it cabinet level. The thing dropping FFA to sub would be because the new board is a cabinet level commission. He also stated it would become easier for businesses to give out certs, and there are some other benefits that @Samtella can feel free to mention if he wants

3 Likes
  1. post is not any more of a commission in firestone than ffa is. sam refused to elaborate on the commission thing to me other than “it’s my opinion.”

2. a “cabinet level commission board” is news to me, i’m not sure what you’re referring to there.

3. businesses will never give out EMS certs higher than first aid. it’s fedlaw that all EMT certs have to be streamlined under one agency (ffa) and having businesses giving out professional level certs lessens accountability and will result in a negative impact on competency. i don’t see how ffa being subcabinet makes anything regarding businesses “easier” either.

7 Likes

I don’t see any orders from the Mightiest of the Gods and Supreme Leader of the Heavens and Earth FedoraMasterB98 on the subject you mention.

I say this with all due respect towards his Royal Highness.

Now naturally it makes sense to unify how things are done so that chaos does not ensue.

It wouldn’t hurt if you had maybe up to EMT taught by independent businesses as well as FFA (based off of how things run irl… but it should be noted that graduates of such programs have to pass state level exams [or national depending on the state])… in any event…

it could be done… in regards to having FFA/DOH overseeing the businesses… its just a matter of how many students are interested… if the interest is there why not do it?

In any event, it is probably just best to establish the FFA how it is currently… the DOH and FFA work together very well…

I do apologize for any grammar/spelling errors I just stuck my thoughts on paper without a lot of proof reading.

4 Likes