EO#55 poll

there is no constitutional right to not have your name showing.

6 Likes

why are people mad about this and trying to justify it because crims don’t. just show your name and do your patrol my fucking god

9 Likes

OH also.

Not gonna publically put it out there, but there’s an easy way around EO55 (if the department head agrees.)

Just saying.

3 Likes

all i really could say is this is an “invasion of privacy” but i mean like…

and w the freedom of information i mean ur also a govt employee so if like they ask for ur callsign its not classified lol

“should a citizen request for information thwt is actively collected to be released, the relevant department, agency, entity, etc. shall be obligated to release the information.”

and as well Section 1 of the BoR.

nor does EO55 also violate BOR Section 5 bc its not having them “incriminate themselves” because it applies to court of law or to any LEO and any citizen asking them for their callsign and or whomever isn’t a court of law or a LEO (even if off-duty they arent actively doing their duty of a LEO) so their rights aren’t being violated when in reality their badge number / last name is on their shirt

and if you’re stopping someone you have to identify yourself.

ok im not a bca / lawyer so ik my stuff isn’t all whatsoever right completely right / etc etc

but u get what im saying

it doesn’t violate anything in the bill of rights, any congressional act, so honestly its perfectly fine, just, and the people who are to be protected from it are.

6 Likes

hiding your name is not in your civil rights.

6 Likes

no
5chars

5 Likes

Firstly, the Constitution very clearly doesn’t grant you that right. Two, you are the state—rights don’t exist for you. Case law reflects this in allowing several restrictions towards public employees that otherwise are impermissible.

8 Likes

According to the ‘Chris Court’ gov employees do have rights

7 Likes

ima keep it real chris, that’s some of the dumbest opinion I’ve ever read. It’s self incriminating to identify yourself when acting in the capacity of an officer? You must legally identify yourself, if your badge number isn’t enough to hold you accountable in court, it isn’t proper identification. Why should I believe you are who you are because you have a game mechanic car? A game mechanic hat and gun? Nah G any officer that wont identify themselves shouldn’t be on the force period.

11 Likes

I mean if anything only units who are currently operating in undercover uniforms should be allowed to hide their names but all marked units (incl. tac units) should be mandated to show their names since there’s really not much reason and imagine if someone impersonated a tact. unit and gave the name and badge of an online tact. unit there’s not much an officer would be able to differentiate between an actual tactical unit to an impersonator. (without the helmet on and with matching accessories)

9 Likes

All this does is hold people responsible for their actions when someone cant ask for their name and badge.

8 Likes

I’ve been a DOC Correctional Officer for around a week now. I have previously served in FSP around 2018 (before the whole show your name shit) and I can honestly say it makes no difference. Having our names shown isn’t even a big deal, and I think most officers just bitch about it because they are afraid of doing something wrong in the moment.

5 Likes

correct

your career can literally be over if you misjudge a split-second situation. this is why we need qualified immunity in firestone

8 Likes

yes! Absolutely!

4 Likes

name and badge does not establish poid

5 Likes

Correct, but showing name does, so it super holds them responsible. Its really needed to catch cops who act like idiots

4 Likes

Qualified immunity isn’t the answer, especially when the burden of proof is already at the highest it can be in civil cases. More leeway in punishments is the better option, and I believe that already exists thanks to SerZhukov’s amendment to A Bill to Combat Ineffective Law Enforcement. The only instance where an officer’s career would legitimately be ended in seconds is if they commit a felony offense and are convicted in court. Making LEOs immune to the law would directly contradict our very own preamble; no one is above the law, regardless of status within society.

10 Likes

Aren’t cops “immune” enough. You’ll see a cop do something illegal but be let go due to being a cop while if it was a citizen there wouldn’t be any hesitation about throwing them in jail.

5 Likes

QI need not exist anywhere, and it will never exist in FS

5 Likes

Should Supreme Court justices be, while serving as a justice, making a public statement like that? Sounds a bit unethical if you ask me.

5 Likes