EO#55 poll

I’ve been a DOC Correctional Officer for around a week now. I have previously served in FSP around 2018 (before the whole show your name shit) and I can honestly say it makes no difference. Having our names shown isn’t even a big deal, and I think most officers just bitch about it because they are afraid of doing something wrong in the moment.

5 Likes

correct

your career can literally be over if you misjudge a split-second situation. this is why we need qualified immunity in firestone

8 Likes

yes! Absolutely!

4 Likes

name and badge does not establish poid

5 Likes

Correct, but showing name does, so it super holds them responsible. Its really needed to catch cops who act like idiots

4 Likes

Qualified immunity isn’t the answer, especially when the burden of proof is already at the highest it can be in civil cases. More leeway in punishments is the better option, and I believe that already exists thanks to SerZhukov’s amendment to A Bill to Combat Ineffective Law Enforcement. The only instance where an officer’s career would legitimately be ended in seconds is if they commit a felony offense and are convicted in court. Making LEOs immune to the law would directly contradict our very own preamble; no one is above the law, regardless of status within society.

10 Likes

Aren’t cops “immune” enough. You’ll see a cop do something illegal but be let go due to being a cop while if it was a citizen there wouldn’t be any hesitation about throwing them in jail.

5 Likes

QI need not exist anywhere, and it will never exist in FS

5 Likes

Should Supreme Court justices be, while serving as a justice, making a public statement like that? Sounds a bit unethical if you ask me.

5 Likes

he’s right - qualified immunity only hurts the community
if i’m a cop I can just go - well what’re they gonna do? charge me? and do whatever I want

5 Likes

this thread is too long, so i didn’t read much. but tbh i served in fsp for 4 months and never had any controversy about me. just do your job by the book. y’all are so concerned about being right that you don’t stop to think whether or not what you’re doing is right. :triumph::triumph::triumph: :fist:t6:

8 Likes

cops aren’t immune, LEOs have arrested LEOs before, however its not very common to arrest an on-duty LEO. If a LEO breaks a law its usually the DOJ that takes action (if there’s proper proof)

7 Likes

I have the right and obligation to support and defend the Constitution of this State, and her people. QI has, without fail, continually aided the violation of civil rights and liberties irl. It will not stand here, I will use all my influence to prevent it.

5 Likes

civil rights and liberties are cringe. qualified immunity would allow cops to brutalize civilians in broad daylight. and if you can’t support that, should you really be in any position of power? /s

5 Likes

everything is cringe to you.

4 Likes

Aye bro thats pretty charged statement

4 Likes

dude no

just no
shits becoming too overpowered for cops and way underpowered for criminals
i’m not gonna cause problems but like…

3 Likes

Why don’t we just do this: Congress, make a way to keep this around, unless I’m stupid and EOs work different in FS. Cops, start following your training, and you have NO worries. Criminals/civilians, don’t be petty and ruin a cop’s career for fun. Problem solved ezpz

4 Likes

my thoughts on the issue

3 Likes

If the issues stem off targetting, remove the ability for departments to have that policy to start with. In both DoBW, and SCFD names are required, and have been for quite a while. So, people know my name, and know who I am, which often leads to kidnappings, shootings, stabbings, etc when I’m on civ team. I honestly haven’t seen a legitimate reason as to why patrol officers shouldn’t show names

(also, people will target regardless, many crims have pager, so they can just track you off of callsign js)

7 Likes