Container Ship

Currently we have yachts which can create some interesting events for maritime units to be able to have a platform to work on, whether it being medical emergencies to high risk situations.

What would be cool in V3 is to have a container ship that can appear every so often in large servers anywhere along the coast that can be ‘pirated’ by criminal gangs which can steal the loot on board. The loot could rare and powerful weapons.

A hijacking of the container ship can only be done if Coast Guard a certain amount of coast guard are online to make it fair on both sides otherwise it could be abused. Getting the loot should be rare along with a every 2-3 hours before the next container ship can spawn. The ship would stay in the game for 30-45 minutes before despawning to give criminals time to get in game and prepare. The container ship shouldn’t really be getting hijacked too often as it just becomes repetitive and less fun. (bank robberies for instance).

Inventory and Trading System

If an vehicle inventory system is incorporated in V3, it should be so that a criminal can only carry one rare weapon at a time and must store it in their vessel before getting another one in order to prevent criminals from just diving into the water with 5 AKs in their inventory never to be seen again.

In order for gangs to make money from this hijacking, unless they want to save the weapons in storage risking a search warrant down the line, there should be a trading system in which the gang can drop the weapon or put it in the buyer’s car inventory and the buyer can donate that person the money.

High Risk, High Reward

It will obviously be extremely risky in order to carry out the hijacking, the coast guard may in fact provide security of the crew on the vessel while it is anchored on the coast so gangs will have to be organised and be able to take over the ship with force. Along side that they will have to fend off a quick reaction force consisting of members of the Coast Guard and possibly a tactical team waiting to rappel down with the assistance of ASU or ANG. Additionally after the situation is over, FBI could be involved with tracking down the criminals or getting witness statements from the crew.

But if successful, will be rewarded with some extremely powerful weapons (or even special ammunition weapons such as armor piercing) that later down the line could be used to destroy threats.

Additional Jobs

What if there no criminal motive at the time to hijack the ship because of there being no criminals online or wiling to board the ship as they might not be prepared?

When the ship spawns, there could be repairs that could need to be carried out, DOBW could do an inspection of the ships hull to ensure integrity and be paid for all the spots they repair.

Civilians could end up doing a roleplay on the vessel like a medical emergency that would require a SCFD and possibly ASU response to MEDEVAC a worker to hospital.

Honestly the only benefit that civilians and maritime units have currently for the V3 waters is that you can navigate around the entire map instead of being stuck in a pond. Soon enough people would get bored of the waters again like what it currently is like in V2 if no events take place on it such as this container ship.

Originally an oil rig was in consideration at the start of V3 but I have never heard anything regarding it since. If you have any questions or would like to suggest improvements to what I have currently thought of to improve experience please do respond.

59 Likes

Massive support

11 Likes

SUPPORT

Huge Support

10 Likes

tenor

14 Likes

hahahHAHAHAHAHA I BEAT YOU

8 Likes

this would also be cool, and if it were to be considered i would support this too. inventory system got me a bit lost with the wording, but i think i got the general jist

5 Likes

support

6 Likes

suport :bangbang:

5 Likes

Support

4 Likes

This would be cool, although I’m not all too sure about the specifics. Hopefully CG, MD, and SAR has a lot to do in v3 considering the islands and the “importance” of water travel?

7 Likes

Support

4 Likes

support

5 Likes

I suppose water travel can be better in V3 than it is in V2 since you could drive to the coast where a getaway vessel will be located and can travel all the way to the other part of the island.

When V3 happens, FNG will be doing a test to see whether ground response would be faster than water response, presuming its a coastal area. Greendale is on the other side of the map to FNG base in V3 so that’ll probably be the area where we’ll test our responses to.

6 Likes

This is going to be pretty important in v3. I wonder if the water-channels can be extended through the island to create more paths for boats and more efficiency for vessels.

A similar test I also conducted to see whether trains are a viable form of practical transport in place of car travel for v3, turns out it can be, maybe the same for boats?

6 Likes

Water Taxi :eyes:

6 Likes

support

4 Likes

support!!

6 Likes

ooooh!

6 Likes

Once again, support!

6 Likes

I actually thought of making a ferry/water taxi service as a business.

Doesn’t seem like a bad business idea hint aspiring business founders

Although there wouldn’t be much of a goal I guess…

6 Likes