V3 shipment update!

Considering that we now have a port, I think we should utilize a shipment update. This will also introduce that businesses will have limited items so this can provide a balance within the game. Let’s begin with vehicles;

Cargo Ships: Let’s introduce a new but bigger boat! This can be used to deliver items to the port located in Redwood. They’d carry the needed items to the port by water self explanatory. Now, it won’t have to be owned by a business nor department so players can have something to do. This will also benefit criminals because this can introduce the idea of smuggling firearms, hence making organized crime more fun. Alongside this, CG can have the ability to protect or also sweep the ship for any possible suspects.

18 wheeler trucks: After the packages have been added to the warehouse at the port, semi trucks will carry them to the needed businesses. This would introduce trucking businesses throughout the state. With this, a handtruck will be added to help load the boxes into the trailer. This can go up to three boxes per handtruck load! Anyway, criminals can also get their hands on a truck where they can also smuggle weapons from the port to their hideouts or even paws making paws have limited items just to spice things up. With this, FSP can have the ability to pull over the truck and if they have PC, they can search the trailer for illegal weapons. In some cases, FBI too. Why FSP and FBI? Well, the trucks would utilize 401 more than anything to get to their deliveries on time and consider that FSP’s primary jurisdiction is indeed 401. If a truck swerves too sudden, the trailer would tip over alongside the truck giving a rollover scenario. It would give a new MVA that SCFD can handle alongside of LEO depts just to ensure traffic safety around the accident. This would reduce the value of the goods considering that they might’ve spilled out of their packaging (not in the game but giving the assumption as boxes themselves will just be block parts that determine the value of the goods). DOT can then utilize this after to get the truck to the impound by using a tow truck specified for rigs.

Cargo vans: If the deliveries aren’t very much, vans can be used to get through places like cities much easier, they too would get a hand truck that can stack up to three boxes. Criminals can as well get their hands on them if they want to make their trips in townships. SCSO can have the ability to pull them over and FBI too and can search the van if they have PC. SCSO? Because they would drive through SCSO’s primary jurisdiction. (unsure if we already have them but I was thinking of a 2005 Ford Cargo van or a GMC van)

Delivery trucks: Now what about deliveries to houses? Well delivery trucks can come into play where we can have delivery drivers. They would come from the port to residential areas to deliver off packages and they too get a hand truck up to three boxes. Crims can also use this if they prefer to disguise themselves as delivery drivers when smuggling weapons. Giving FSP, SCSO, and FBI an opportunity to search the truck if they have PC.

Forklifts: Finally, we are going to need forklifts to carry the heavy loads onto the trucks! Criminals can use this as well to get their loads into the trucks.

Now you may wonder how many boxes can fill up a truck, well it’d be up to 40 boxes in the semi, 30 boxes in the delivery trucks, and 20 in the cargo van.

Since this would be an individual job (my term for not requiring a business), you’re given a timer and if you deliver the items on time, you get a certain amount of money (price varies on the value per box). If it’s considered late, the fee will be reduced by 25% per minute, so you better get there! The timer will activate when the player initiates the truck delivery (from placing the boxes in to getting the items delivered to the designated place).

Since this may induce getting cars easier, the money payout shouldn’t be anymore than 1k just so no one is just grinding hours just to get a car within 5 deliveries. The only challenge is that the individuals must not disregard traffic laws because a LEO would pull them over which means the officer may take his or her time (depending on how fast the LEO is). If the trucker is arrested, the delivery is cancelled. If the driver drives too fast or brakes suddenly, item value would decrease so be mindful of that. If the trailer gets shot at, it too will reduce the value of items because who would wants a pizza riddled from bullet holes? I doubt anyone would.

Stuff won’t magically appear at the warehouse, so it’s the cargo ship’s job to get the items to the port. They too will be given a time so it’d be evenly give the sailors and drivers time management. They would need to get the items from somewhere else, for example a smaller island where items DO spawn but not where trucks can reach them. If items are late to the warehouse, the value would decrease by %25 per minute (5% per second for both road and ship deliveries). Like the trucking, if the items get shot at, the value of the items too decrease. Also, maybe give the inmates a work space and the prison a port so they can then make items that can be taken to a port where the cargo ships can load things up into. The port area at the prison can give inmates a possible way to escape. This would give inmates an activity to do.

Conclusion: This would give the waters a purpose alongside giving crims, civs or even visitors, LEOs, and CG something else to do. It’ll prevent v3 from becoming a repetitive shooting and fleeing game but provide as well, shipment. What are your thoughts on this idea?

8 Likes

maybe later on, not rn

2 Likes

I saw a post created by @Hobo_Bear a while ago about a Cargo Ship that could be taken over and robbed by criminals. I think it would be cool if it was added into v3.
Anyways, this is a fantastic idea you proposed. Probably one of your best
Link to his POST:

Container Ship

3 Likes

I forgot hobo made a post for cargo ships! Anyway, the port needs a use if SCPA is going to be added because well, no one’s gonna head to the port if there is nothing to do there rather than just enjoying the view. This can give newcomers, civs, and crims something new and different alongside of LEOs as I had stated

2 Likes

ok but maybe first make the game playable

6 Likes

Ye, it doesn’t have to be made right away. More in the line of late beta to one of the first few full release updates.

1 Like

Support, actual players driving trucks would be great for RP. Would also bring real activity to the highway. Just make the pay high enough so they’re actually encouraged to take this job (like in real life)

Not to mention that it is a far better option for legal players to make money than AFK farming at spawn.

2 Likes

hazmat hauling. . . . .

4 Likes

Ye, the pay shouldn’t be too high though because then you’d get all the vehicles and hopefully houses you can buy and own within a day

1 Like

could be a possibility :eyes:

2 Likes

i think if they add 18 wheelers ft would have to get the dept back to its feet again coz fed would probs be angry and say tht u cant pit a 18 wheeler (with or w/o trailer) and u hv to spike it like irl so ya

2 Likes

The 18 wheelers shouldn’t be able to accelerate right away like most vehicles and it’d go 80 SPS max so yeah spikes would contribute well to it

1 Like

firestone shipping lanes pretty much?

2 Likes

somewhat, it’d give everyone in v3 something to do rather than just sit at cd 24/7 grinding money and from keeping the patrols repetitive

1 Like

Great idea and I can’t wait to bring my delivery business to V3 but sadly businesses aren’t allowed to operate there yet.

1 Like

Ye, like your business, it can spark stuff like that. Although I understand on that part because well, fed hasn’t moved on from v2 just yet

1 Like

could add freight trains too

4 Likes

I was going to add that on there but realized the railway system would need to be redone then, that’s the only issue. Otherwise not a bad idea

2 Likes

criminals could also steal the goods for money

1 Like

I like that, adds spice to the update