Commerce - Congress Poll

7 out of the 8 senators were present prior to voting, full account can be seen in my state-announcements statement

2 Likes

While I did not have any participation in this nomination, I believe this is being blown way out of proportion. People have to realize; this is politics. There’s gonna be shenanigans (bit ironic), there’s gonna be favoritism, there’s going to be bias. The whole point of a cabinet member is to get someone who’s on your side, look at real life. I personally do not have an issue with the nomination, as I have known Silver personally since 2016, and I believe he would have been capable due to his economic knowledge and leadership skills. The only thing I found “unethical” is the nomination was a bit rushed and provided little notice to Senators, however was perfectly legal. Rushing a nomination is not a cause for a special counsel, inquiry, etc. While I understand the individual did lack experience, I don’t believe this was a major downside in his nomination as he was the best outside candidate, compared to others I have been informed of.

EDIT: Adding on, the Governor controls his cabinet. He can appoint and dismiss whoever he wants for any reason. Extremely stupid for Congress to launch an investigation. There’s nothing to investigate.

Anyways, suck it up, it isn’t that deep, and congratulations to @Silv3_r for holding the shortest reign in a cabinet position in Firestone history.

7 Likes

bro wants to investigate everything that a governor does, this is becoming a common occurrence.

1 Like

dude I know you have a crush on me but no means no, I don’t have the same feelings towards you

even though we know you have a reputation of sexually harassing people:

Screenshot_738

4 Likes

oh, and believe it or not, since you are in the congress discord and can read and can read the poll results, it’s not only me

use ur brain buttercup

3 Likes

I can see this argument made for leos, like if an SCSO lieutenant and we’ll versed Leo is nominated for the head of an Leo department they personally weren’t in but they’ve been in others I can justify them getting nominated, but DOCM requires some sort of DOCM or business related experience

3 Likes

berry pie berry pie im gonna make him a berry pie

3 Likes

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

1 Like

fuck you too buddy

1 Like

it was unrelated to my position as a senator by the way

1 Like

y’all need to take a chill pill, some of you guys are getting way too pressed over this. while the nomination might’ve been rushed, which could be considered unethical, sure, that is not a reason to have the DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE investigate this whole thing. there’s nothing really to investigate? rushing a nomination is not corruption if it was done legally.

2 Likes

ive said this in fs gen but ill say it here too.

one of my main points is that fact that the Senate session was not announced to Senators and only certain Senators were informed by Vortex that the session was occuring. should all 7 senators have been there for the untable and the nomination, the nomination would have failed. that right there is a very sketchy move, it may well be an honest mistake but evidently it proves my point that there are multiple factors in this case making it need to be properly investigated.

1 Like

woah thats def sexual harassment, totally not like thats a joke and everyone said that to each other. i love how you always jump on the “expose frost/i hate frost train” without ever asking for proper context. says a lot

i thought we had something :broken_heart: (also that was so random tf?)

2 Likes

nah its just a fact, you always love starting drama.

also start replying to other criticism other than trying to bash me, thanks buttercup <3

2 Likes

why isnt anyone responding to the statements made by the former department of commerce secretary

2 Likes

sure you are

1 Like

idk about you but if you nominate your friend for a position just because their your friend, it is sorta like, criminal possibly.

All ima say is if he nominated Silver only because Silver was his friend he immorally abused his position as governor, and possibly got personal gain (making his friend happy) notice how thats textbook corruption

But who knows, until the DOJ investigates.

2 Likes

ur so unserious and dense it hurts…in what way is sexually harassing someone a joke?

joke

/jōk/

noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

that being said, where’s the punchline? to who is that joke rlly funny to? bc if it’s funny to u, ur messed up in the head

3 Likes

like i said before, everyone was saying weird shit to each other. its not sexual harassment if everyone was saying it to each other and no one had a problem with it.

1 Like

so if everyone was verbally abusing one another irl it suddenly isn’t verbal abuse? that argument makes no sense. ur in the wrong, take some damn accountability

2 Likes