Commerce - Congress Poll

As a result of outcry from multiple citizens, and in order to determine the best course of action from here, I am creating the following poll. If you are uninformed, I encourage reading #state-announcements and speeches from the confirmed nominee to get an unbiased point of view.

SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:

Is the process the Lieutenant Governor utilized by contacting only certain Senators to join the session, and not providing any notice in the legislature discord unethical, corrupt, and/or a violation of oath?
  • Yes, notice should have been provided to ALL Senators.
  • No, the Lieutenant Governor is in the right.

0 voters

Is the nomination of silv3_r unethical, corrupt, and/or a miscarriage of justice by the Governor’s office?
  • Yes, it is.
  • No, it is not.

0 voters

Should the Governor have nominated his former Chief of Staff and Campaign Manager to lead a department he was never in?
  • Yes, the Governor nominating his former COS and Campaign Manager is fair.
  • No, the Governor should not have nominated this individual.

0 voters

Was this nomination an unfair and/or biased process?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

Should congress hold formal investigations into this issue and punish if necessary?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

Should a special counsel be appointed to this situation to hold formal investigations into this issue?
  • Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

Should nominees to cabinet positions require relevant experience to that department in either Firestone or other groups?
  • Yes, they should require relevant experience.
  • No, they should not need relevant experience.

0 voters

Should nominations to the cabinet require a certain amount of time to be reviewed and considered by the Senate?
  • Yes, there should be a minimum amount of time.
  • No, they should be voted on as soon as possible.

0 voters

What should silv3_r do?
  • Resign.
  • Stay as Secretary.
  • Some other resolution.

0 voters

6 Likes

Feel free to share additional comments and input below, we are interested in hearing what others think

2 Likes

This situation is being blown out of proportion. The Secretary is perfectly capable of doing the job of leading a department, and though he may not have experience in the DoCM, he has leadership experience in Firestone that makes him qualified for the job.

4 Likes

who are you

6 Likes

An additional poll was added on the bottom. Please fill it out.

2 Likes

YOUR ALL STUPID!!! CONGRESS SUCKS!!!

5 Likes

bro it’s only a nomination holy hell, redo it and it’ll be the exact same result. just stop whining already. nothing against the law was done, everything was done through correct procedures and if you want to make a bill to make there be a certain amount of time before being nominated for the senate to vote on the nomination then go ahead but nothing here was foul play and if you think otherwise then you’re just dumb.

2 Likes

Just so you know, it was tie broken by the PO and if the entire senate was present neither the motion to untable or vote would have passed , if it was redone it wouldn’t pass 100%. Everything wasn’t done according to the procedure.

3 Likes

He’s never owned a business or been in the department.

3 Likes

Yeah it really won’t though, Senators weren’t even aware he was nominated. Only a select few Senators were aware of the nomination and they had no time at all to investigate or properly question.

3 Likes

Didnt u get prosecuted for corruption

3 Likes

Guys, the corrupt Senator says there’s no corruption! All is well!

5 Likes

hey yall,

I feel this situation has two sides; everyone is trying to defend their own instead of coming to a common ground.

The Governor nominated someone they thought could run the Firestone Department of Commerce, and used their authority to get it passed. This is what any politician would do, and it happens every single confirmation. The only difference here is it’s an outside hire and this individual previously resigned from the Governor’s cabinet due to controversy. I see nothing wrong necessarily with the way it was conducted, except, that ample notice about the session wasn’t given. Senators shouldn’t be learning of it from state announcements, because no one checks that right when it pings.

Now, from the business owner and command portions of DOCM, I could see their concerns. I used to be the Public Affairs Director of the Department of Commerce and we mostly had to deal with businesses concerned with how our policies would affect them, so hiring an outside Secretary could be concerning to them. But, I have spoken to lots of business owners and they are quote “not rlly concerned.”

This situation seems to be some senators are mad they didn’t get a chance to look into the background of the nominee, but, I would also say that nothing the Governor or Lieutenant Governor did was wrong. The senate and house should work on some constitutional amendments, senate rules resolutions or some other way to prevent this in the future - Instead of trying to impeach @iiVortex_RBLX or get @Silv3_r to leave.

Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Not reading allat

4 Likes

basically, nothing they did was wrong - senators should work to prevent it in the future if they felt it is wrong.

1 Like

but that I do agree what happened was sketchy at BEST.

1 Like

constitutionally, yes. loophole were used and not all of the senate were informed of the session

2 Likes

i must very respectfully ask that you all calm the fuck down before you pop a blood vessel

3 Likes

I will very respectfully decline your request with the following reasons: “My blood pressure is fine and l+ratio+cope”

1 Like

@iiVortex_RBLX pls explain

2 Likes