City Police Departments?

you know what, I’m not even mad about that video unlike the PREVIOUS RICKROLLS

4 Likes

there is only so much council can do. the defacto response is to deploy more uniforms throughout the state

1 Like

Having City Police I feel would be a big step in FS by allowing others to have a shot at running a department and allowing more room for newcomers to FS to expand experiences within the group. Love to see where this can take FS as a whole.

1 Like

idk what u mean
shibe would never rick roll somebody

2 Likes

Since there’s a large amount of posts already here, I can’t say I’ve checked to see if someone’s already said this, but in reference to local PD’s, most are allowed to leave their jurisdictions in pursuit of suspects and to assist other agencies if requested, so long as they notify the county agency/other agency of their intentions.

Furthermore, another idea (development-related) could be take-home vehicles; some departments authorized their officers to have take-home vehicles (as in vehicles they use for patrol and are allowed to drive from their home to their station/duty location, etc. In real life, however, there are limits to the distance in which an officer can be permitted to take home their vehicle (ergo, if they live to far away, the department wouldn’t permit it). Just a thought.

3 Likes
If this happens there will be over 9 LEAs in Firestone:
  1. SCSO
  2. FSP
  3. DHS
  4. FBI
  5. Redwood
  6. Arborfield
  7. Prominence
  8. Port Authority
  9. Park Service
    And DOC and FNG if you’re willing to count them

I don’t think there’s enough active players in the community to fill 5 more LEAs with enough to support the existing 4, even if V3 brings more people. If this were to happen I think that DHS and maybe FBI should be disbanded and have their responsibilities distributed to specialized divisions within FSP, SCSO and maybe FNG as well for matters regarding base security responsibilities. Realistically, protection of state government officials goes to the state police. Entry to departments and new specialized divisions would be based on experience kind of like it is now, with municipalities requiring little or no experience, SCSO/ FSP requiring some experience in FS law enforcement, and the new divisions that would replace FBI and DHS would require a few months of experience in SCSO or FSP.

As far as I’m aware there’s only the one state courthouse in V3, would there be a second new courthouse for the county? It would honestly make sense to have a second county-level circuit to enforce county and municipal ordinance and give SCSO/ county government more to do. It would also make sense to have V3’s server size increased, as it’s a bigger map with more jobs and more things to do and see.

Also a good time to bring this up again, thoughts?

4 Likes

I like the concept, it’s been a thing I asked for in general and people shut it down. I also suggest that the cities expand so each city lea jurisdiction is bigger. But yes it would be nice to have local pd as it provides some more aspects of realism.

2 Likes

realism has to be balanced with whether it’s A. Fun and B. Actually useful/beneficial in any way

2 Likes

I think municipal LEAs would be realistic, fun, and beneficial

2 Likes

I disagree

2 Likes

Explain

1 Like

There will be too much focus on law enforcement and departments like SCFD or DOT won’t get a lot of support. Also there would be the issue of dev support…who will make all the liveries, scripts and stuff for PD. And what is the benefits of PD? None honestly

1 Like

@boss3409

3 Likes

idk maybe the development team ???

3 Likes

The bigger a city is, the more laws they usually have. Which is why I only believe Prominence and maybe Redwood should have a municipal department.

2 Likes

Municipal PDs would be realistic and fairly fun to have but they will not be beneficial to the state. If we decide to add 3 additional LEAs to the state, we would have a total of 8 LEAs in the state. What this will mean is more cops carrying out the same duties in different parts of the map which is just pointless. If we do decide to add City PDs, then DHS, FBI, and DOC need to be shutdown.

4 Likes

Not necessarily, although we’d all be enforcing the law, each department would do its own thing. Such as FSP enforcing highways, and likely state laws while SCSO enforces county laws. The local pd would follow the city laws which makes enforcing the law a little more complicated with each level of dept likely getting their own set of criminal charges. Another thing to point out is that the city pd cannot leave their jurisdiction. So if a fleeing suspect leaves one of the cities, SCSO or FSP would take over since we have a bigger jurisdiction

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware there’s a state penal code which applies to any county or municipality established within the State of Firestone. Therefore, they’d all be enforcing the same laws just in different areas of the map like @HudsonGMidlands_RBLX said. The last thing firestone needs is more cop departments.

2 Likes

The dev team, as they have always been doing

Fed came up with some good changes at the start of the thread

If what I suggested happens where DHS and FBI are disbanded, that’s two less LEAs for the devs to worry about. Either way, I don’t think other departments not getting support isn’t something we have to worry about

1 Like

This is, it’s an addition that is not needed and won’t benefit Firestone much.
Also, DHS and FBI are needed. They are more important than Arborfield Police Department.

Firestone focuses too much on cops and robbers. And it isn’t good. RP-focused departments such as SCFD are important and make diverse roleplay instead of just shootouts.

1 Like