City Police Departments?

The discussion is in the air on this idea with the development on V3 brewing. The idea would be to introduce City PD’s for Prominence, Redwood, and Arborfield. Them being city, would only have authority within the city limits, and have differences in pursuit policies, and enforce local city ordinances.

SCSO presently has been acting as the Sheriff’s Office of course, and has been acting as local city PD. SCSO would end up undergoing some reform as far as what its purpose would be, such as patrolling rural areas of the county, work within the county level courthouse for security, etc. SCSO could also be called in by city PD’s for pursuits exiting their city jurisdiction and take primary on it, and if a pursuit comes to an end, transporting that suspect to the city to be respectfully charged by the city officer. SCSO being county-wide would also continue serving as the SWAT team.

State Patrol would still be highway enforcement, and also aid in pursuits with the additions of helicopter and spike strip capabilities.

Another big change would be the focuses and purposes of Federal Agencies. Presently DHS acts way too much as a local police conducting traffic stops and such. This would be modified heavily where DHS jurisdiction would be Federal properties, such as Federal Banks (in V3, the big bank in Prom), the Capitol, Federal Courthouse, Bunker in FNG base, Governors residence, Founders residence, etc. DHS can’t just join in pursuits like they do in v2, DHS would be only allowed to initiate a pursuit for a crime committed on Federal properties, and be more focus-driven on Federal assets and Government officials.

FBI would need some more discussion still, but they will be responsible for a lot of what they currently do, but with some additions such as being able to do surveillance and validating credible threats.

Some may be concerned with the addition of 3 more law enforcement agencies. Let me explain why this would work. Cities have jurisdictions, so the officers would be limited to their city and that’s all, if they exit their city and do law enforcement duties, they would be in violation of law. It would be very easy to catch if this happens, because their cars would all be marked units only, and if an Arborfield PD officer is in Redwood, that would be hard to miss. The next thing would be our current issues, such as the abundance of officers who respond to a pursuit. How often irl do you see DHS, FBI, State, and County officials in pursuit all at once? So with these additions we will see a lot of reform, and if we decide not to add city PD’s, a lot of the changes mentioned above will still occur, which will be taught and explained in the mandatory POST trainings that will be conducted before you’ll be allowed to patrol in V3. Those who would be in violation of new policies, jurisdictions, etc, would be placed on admin leave, and could face criminal charges.

Reply to this with other thoughts and ideas on this.

27 Likes

yess 5

4 Likes

pog a fedora forum post for once

yes put in city pds, at least 1 for either arborfield or prominence, only 1

3 Likes

It would be all 3

4 Likes

is this for v2 or v3?

3 Likes

V3 only.

3 Likes

I believe that there should be Police Departments because stretching resources e.g FSP SCSO across Cities, is just stressful. Instead having City Police Departments with set jurisdiction will increase response time to 911 calls, and it will help prevent centralized crime areas. E.G arbor keeps getting shot up while redwood and prom are also getting shot up, but everyone crowds in arbor, simpler to just make it with 3 departments that can be present in all cities. my take

2 Likes

good idea, but instead of reform maybe abolish some departments just to compensate, tbh FBI and DHS aren’t really needed for a county game, FBI, SCSO and the three 3 city departments seem like a good combo

4 Likes

I agree with this. Right now all leo’s go to a priority call, which neglects another part of the map making it a hot spot for more crime, etc.

6 Likes

I do like this idea fed

2 Likes

FSP and scso*

2 Likes

this aint ridgeway

2 Likes

yes, agree

2 Likes

ridgeway just has sheriffs and state patrol im pretty sure so idk what u mean

2 Likes

then where would the duty of protection of government officals go to

2 Likes

i guess fsp, and crt could be meshed with swat

1 Like

that sounds like a disaster and a half

2 Likes

Instead of just saying it’s a bad idea, explain why, I made this post to get opinions good and bad.

6 Likes

Most, if not all of state legislator would probably be on board for this idea, so just let us know

@FederalLaw

1 Like

we also don’t want too many cops on at a time though

2 Likes