V3 suggestions [ Main / Official Forum ]

Yes, there is, but the circumstance with towing was just one of several ways an anchored vehicle can be used to abuse game mechanics.

Here’s 2 more:

Imagine positioning your vehicle and accelerating in the direction of a crowd of people, genuinely convincing others you’re going to commit vehicular assault. You park and anchor the vehicle, but it’s too late because everyone’s already acted in self defense.

Imagine you’re in a high speed pursuit and park your vehicle, thus anchoring it. Any vehicle behind you could ram you at a high speed, leaving them highly likely to fling or deform.

3 Likes

Hi @Lidels, here’s a fun suggestion.

Would it be possible to have vehicle spotlights that a Law Enforcement Officer can control, meaning turn it from right to left, up and down if needed?
I am unsure if others have yet talked about this topic, but it’d be cool to see this in v3.

5 Likes

i dont really support making the cars anchor when in park but
you could just make it so you can only put it in park if you’re not moving

4 Likes

for a certain amount of time (5 minutes), or for it to only lock in parking lots only

3 Likes

Hey!

I intend to add this feature by or before Beta Release. I’m just as excited for this as you are!

4 Likes

I think we should start the Prominence District Police or some other LEA for the Prominence area. There’s much more to do outside of Prominence in V3 as opposed to Redwood in V2, requiring the SCSO to focus more on these other areas in addition to Prominence. FSP now also has three longer highways to deal with. V3 needs the PDP to take on some of the load that SCSO and FSP will be carrying.

• Vehicle fleet could consist of Crown Vic, Taurus, and the Tahoe (subject to change). Slicktop Tahoe for supervisory purposes, and a Taurus marked in Transit Division (keep reading).
  • The PDP could have Federal Signal Vision SLR lightbars like this;
    image (color patterns can be different)
  • This video demonstrates some light patterns that they could use. Developers may choose from different patterns in this video. (pattern numbers in the video don’t correspond with FS pattern numbers.)
  • Their jurisdiction can look something like this, focusing on the main district, the airport, and the governor’s manor:
    v3map_LI
    (Apologies for poor editing, just a basic idea. The area around the governor’s manor can also be changed)
  • The livery for the vehicles could look something like this:
    Inkedpdpliverytest_LI
    (again apologies for poor editing, just a rough idea.)
  • The station could be a modern building, hopefully similar to this:
  • Since it’s a department for a smaller area, there would be a member cap of anywhere from 50-80 members to prevent Prominence from being crowded with PDP.
  • As for divisions, I’m not sure. Maybe a transit division for traffic policing and security at the train stations?

founders/ devs/ anyone else please give your input on this, i spent too much time putting this together for this to go unnoticed

Thanks for reading, if you have any other ideas please reply.

10 Likes

As nice the idea is, I do believe Homeland Security and the Sheriff’s Office will oversee Prominence.

3 Likes

good idea, but I’m pretty sure fed mentioned that all departments would have to double in size for v3. which means that DHS:FPS will most likely become the primary law enforcement agency for prom

4 Likes

Well yeah, it’s federal property. Have you seen the Metropolitan Police? They operate in Washington DC, which is a federal district. So, I’d assume that this is a brilliant idea and a great opportunity for those who graduate POST or current law enforcement who are willing to find a new experience.

4 Likes

I agree. The PDP, corrections, and park service can be beginner LEA departments to gain experience for departments like SCSO, DHS, and FSP.

3 Likes

Closed Circuit Television, also known as, CCTV! We all know what they are. The cameras that you see literally everywhere in real life. The image below is PURELY AN EXAMPLE!: image

I was thinking. It would be really cool if there were CCTV cameras in the State of Firestone. There’d be all around the map. From CD, to in shops, to in banks, and even on roads at intersections and on the highway. It would work like this. If X SCSO LEOs are on duty, an SCSO can go on “Station Duty”, where they stick around the station and look on the cameras. If X FSP LEOs are on duty, an FSP can go on ”Station Duty”, where they stick around the station and look on the cameras (this would mean an interior would be necessary for FSP, but this is more of a V3 suggestion and I assume you have an FSP interior planned for V3?). And DOT (also would need interior but I believe they have for V3). They could see all cameras on roads and identify roadside assistance call locations and see any cars requiring tows. Or any road traffic collisions/accidents.

They’d sit at a certain desk and they would have control of the cameras in their jurisdiction. FSP would have access to cameras on the highways and other roads they patrol, and areas like Greendale and maybe Hillview. SCSO would have access to cameras around Redwood, Arborfield, Prominence, and the roads they patrol. And DHS would probably have access to them all, including ones inside State Capitol, Mansion and Feds. And DOC would have cameras around the prison and prison bridge which they can control. They’d also have access to GD cameras.

The cameras would be really helpful. **EXAMPLE: **Let’s say there’s a report of a stabbing at CD. A LEO who is on the cameras could check the CD camera to see if there is, and how the situation is. And they could then inform other LEOs of the situation. Or let’s say there wasn’t a report of a stabbing. And the LEO was flicking through the cameras and spotted it. It would also help in things like hostage situations and bank robberies, so hostages can be identified etc.

I believe it would be a really good addition in general.

If you agree with me, please support this below. Or if you have any comments etc, leave them below and I’ll possibly change this a bit if necessary.

Have a good one!

4 Likes

Although intended to be a good idea, it would be very unrealistic. Officers should not be able to sit down on, and or cycle through CCTV footage. They should be required to go to the business, the car dealer, etc; to view them there.

If a stabbing happened at CD, and an officer was sitting on the camera; do you know how unrealistic that would be? It would be reported to the police, and they should of anything, respond to go review the footage. This system would not be implemented into v3 simply due to the fact a cycling camera system is not ethical.

3 Likes

I think it is realistic. In real life (or my country at least), we have CCTV control rooms. With tons of monitor which link to cameras everywhere! From intersections, to some stores, to motorways, etc. And they have radios and relay any sightings or information to the police.

3 Likes

Not a very good idea for RP.

3 Likes

I personally believe it is. But I guess we will see what other people think.

3 Likes

Traffic cameras maybe, not sure about all these cameras at businesses.

4 Likes

To be honest. I kinda agree with that

4 Likes

no none of that traffic camera bullshit, mano county has that shit and its fucking annoying

5 Likes

cameras=cops wanting less work to do

4 Likes

no I think he means like CCTV, not the auto-ticket cameras

3 Likes