CC: LEOs. Your Input on the Detainment Timer Law

Bingo - thats the issue.

3 Likes

Precisely, it’s the little things that get forgotten

3 Likes

This is a pretty universal concept. If anything, this should work better. Our game doesn’t have the limitations MF does (having to manually book someone, being able to die with a cuffed suspect, etc.) In my experience, I have never come close to a detainment timer running out.

2 Likes

15 minutes should enough in 90% of cases, some might need 20-30 imo

3 Likes

6 Likes

And then there are the supervisor requests which can take longer than 20 minutes whilst the suspect is detained

4 Likes

Thats why I ask, why not leave it as it is and since we have increased awareness of the issue allow for departments to handle it?

In speaking with my collogues there is an overwhelming supermajority that suggest that they do not want a change in the constitution. Instead (and I concur) they want to see enforcement on the departmental level.

@congress

3 Likes

When have the department commands ever actually held themselves accountable in major issues without outside pressure? It took an act of the Supreme Court to tell them not to fire people for disagreeing with their boss. Took an act of Congress to tell them not to fire people without telling them why, and they still complain about that one to this day.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen fsp or DHS have cause these kinds of issues

4 Likes

Nor I. I quite enjoyed my time in DHS.

5 Likes

No support

4 Likes

10 hours*

4 Likes

2 hours seems reasonable, after all I always think I am wasting their time rather than mine.

4 Likes

You have to be pretty oblivious if you think it’s only SCSO that does this lmao I’ve seen IO done it myself every department is guilty of it.

3 Likes

IO actually investigates or is interviewing someone.

I’ve never seen IO abuse it.

4 Likes

as much as id like to say it should be a department enforced issue, that simply isn’t realistic to say. i like the idea of giving the county a chance to do something about this as a test run (no idea who said this but i read it somewhere on here) and making them feel useful. as for time, i would say 15-20 minutes with the exceptions of supervisor requests, transporting, active interview, etc. i would say to add in a time specific for the charges but i could easily see that being abused… officer says they’re being investigated on 20 counts of 1dm as an excuse to get more time to detain, etc. as much as i would like to say people wouldn’t do that, we’ve also seen some other people do similar things

5 Likes

if i need to go afk to piss, and i have someone in detainment they can sit there for all i care. they leave, that’s ok im not the one getting banned am i?

3 Likes

I have to agree with superchris. This isn’t an issue. Seems someone doesn’t have anything to go back to constituents with…

4 Likes

You’re the reason we can’t have nice things.

8 Likes

That is a valid question. What if either party needs to go AFK? What happens then?

To reiterate: to create a hard and fast rule can not take into account all of the factors that need to be considered with a law of this sort

3 Likes