CC: LEOs. Your Input on the Detainment Timer Law

Well lads, this was inevitable unfortunately. Big sad, but I will be getting a detainment timer law passed. Nevertheless, I am a firm believer in popular sovereignty–I may take the piss on people sometimes (sorry SCSO :flushed:), but I am willing to give everyone a fair shake as best as possible. As such, I want to know what you want done with this bill. Do you want any exceptions to the general rule (I’m pretty set on exempting probative interviews within reason)? How do you want this enforced? I’d like to come to as best a compromise between LEO interests and individual rights as possible.

7 Likes

BIG SUPPORT

4 Likes

idk why they ruined it for all of us

12 Likes

ya ik. had to be on me :skull:

5 Likes

I feel like the consequence for breaking it would be suspension/strike in the department, if its constant then a possible POST cert suspension, and to redo a certain tier? if its severely abused/done they should redo POST entirely?

rules, um idk

10 Likes

This was, respectfully, not an issue that I encountered in v2 until you made it one. Therefore, I oppose such an attempt to limit detainment in this area.

Should a LEO, as you allege, go out of their way to abuse the limit then they should be addressed but the limit (as it stands) should not be changed.

22 Likes

60 minutes

10 Likes

helpful as always tony

7 Likes

glad to be of service

10 Likes

It’s always been an issue, just never such a published one. Legit the day Env pointed it out with great memery people started recounting their experience of doing this very thing lol. One lad pointing out a friend driving a detained suspect to the middle of nowhere then leaving the game.

5 Likes

Also, if the arrest scrips break then what would be the recourse? Previously a person’s arrest time starts the moment the get into DOC. Now, if the cuffs are broken it and people adopted your current rational it would be a mess.

6 Likes

11000 Seconds 150 Hours

5 Likes

Last I checked glitches get legal exemptions from the Founders. But if y’all really think it’s a big enough issue I can work around it.

6 Likes

I support this 100%, when I was a active felon some butt hurt cop would detain me for like 10 minutes just to make me annoyed. If you can’t prove someone did a crime in 10 minutes then that person shouldn’t be detained any longer

5 Likes

No support for you, sounds like a shit idea, we dont want to be like mayflower where someone sues you every 5 minutes for detaining you while waiting for a supervisor etc. If you add one, it better be at least 15 mins

9 Likes

As much as I am a supporter of you, Danny, this is something I may oppose since I believe we have a max detainment time consisting of 20 minutes. This was taught back when I was in POST and when I did my field training in FSP. Therefore, the max time shouldn’t be added. I rest my case.

5 Likes

wouldn’t this be an issue when detaining someone and questioning them for a lengthy amount of time?

8 Likes

sounds like a shit idea because something LEOs are abusing is trying to be stopped? lolwhat

3 Likes

Have you ever actually read Mayflower’s detainment law? In my almost year in Mayflower, five months as a judge, I’ve never actually seen a case result of the detainment act. The timer stops during: transport, interview, any supervisor request, any supervisor action, etc.

4 Likes

Only SCSO abuses it. They abuse everything

7 Likes