CC: LEOs. Your Input on the Detainment Timer Law

Alright then - if people are concerned about it (so that we don’t have issues) then set a vague limit that someone may be detained for a reasonable amount of time so that whatever criminal activities they did may be investigated but that once the investigation has concluded in the eyes of a reasonable person that the punishment defined by law may begin.

What do you think of something (with a little bit better grammar) like this?

May be to vague but the idea is to reach an equilibrium so that we can be able to handle crazy situations that go over the hard rule yet prevent this abuse that you allege.

TDLR: Sorry for any grammar errors…

5 Likes

that’s literally way to long for a lego game just to be held in one position

4 Likes

support

3 Likes

I was held for 60 minutes for no reason and falsely arrested so?

3 Likes

I believe we have already a time limit for detainment. I’ve upheld that ever since.

4 Likes

Note to self: timer stops during supervisor requests (suggestion by @AtlanticCanuck)

3 Likes

i mean 15 mins not 30

3 Likes

i thought this whole post was about not having detainment timer and it being abused…

3 Likes

okay thats MORE respectable

4 Likes

The problem is that’s kinda too vague. Ideally, I don’t figure a person should be held longer than the max arrest time in game unless being actively interviewed, transported, etc. It shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to determine if someone committed a crime should you not need an interview.

3 Likes

oh, I thought it was an increase on time lol

3 Likes

If IO is interviewing someone it can sometimes take a second to get them in-game if local units have someone cuffed.

That would be the point of not having a hard and fast rule.

We can not predict what situations will test the law and we don’t want a rushed inveisgation that leads to an unnessicary or false arrest.

4 Likes

How about 10 minutes if the person is being investigated for a misdemeanor and 15 minutes if the person is being investigated for a felony.

Timer stops when they ask for supervisor.

3 Likes

As a former councilman of the county. The county could use some things to do, with new councilman, I say we let the county make a law. Since SCSO is pretty much the problem for everything—detainment times, undercharging, etc. This law could only be mandated by use of SCSO and it could be a trial run, or a thing that only SCSO need. (No shade to SCSO, they do have some chads. But kinda only needed for them)

2 Likes

I’m pretty willing to be open with the timer if it’s a truly probative interview

2 Likes

And sometimes during questioning, the officer or suspect is a slow typer

4 Likes

i can understand the LEOs in some part there is going to be that one idiot criminal that will sue a LEO because it went 2 seconds over the limit.

5 Likes

Precisely - a hard and fast rule is detrimental. Heck I don’t look at my clock sometimes during a shootout and if I go 1 millisecond over the limit then I would have committed a false arrest: bye bye everything.

This hard and fast rule is NOT a good idea.

3 Likes

Note: we are NOT Mayflower (we have a different climate, culture, values, ideologies, etc.). What works in Mayflower doesn’t always work everywhere else.

3 Likes

20:00:01 over the limit: sues

6 Likes