CC: LEOs. Your Input on the Detainment Timer Law

1. Teach them the law
  2. That’s not DOCs job. You’re comparison makes about as much sense as comparing a Mentally Capable Human Being to a fat pile of steaming shit
3 Likes

I believe post provides them with all the necessary information on interrogation. It’s not that they can’t or don’t know how to it’s that they’re simply not good at it.

2 Likes

They don’t, and they really should. As I previously stated, IO shouldnt be exclusive on being trained to interrogate. Other departments should be trained to interrogate as well. Maybe not on the same level as IO, but a basic enough level that they can do it with a level of competency and not “i know you did this confess rn and we’ll make it easier”

3 Likes

I will agree with @mwb8265 to an extent. IO knows a lot more with interrogations than the patrol units, but half the time, it’s the patrol units who initiate the encounters. On multiple occasions I’ve ended up mirandizing suspects and interviewing them myself, and it’s gone just fine. Yes, some FSP and SCSO are younger and not all understand law proceedings and rights, but you’re discrediting a good portion of the officers.

3 Likes

And on another topic, IO is hardly On. I see them once every bi-week

3 Likes

Btw, all LEO’s are required to know the law and department heads are required to teach it.

5 Likes

IO is a specialized agency, who’s sole purpose is to interrogate and gain counter intelligence on criminals and criminal organizations. SCSO and FSP have much more duties and responsibilities and in firestone it makes much more sense to have IO handle interrogations after bank robberies, shootings, and other major situations.

3 Likes

I could also say that about a lot of things that DOC does such as responding to bank alarms and hostage situations

2 Likes

Because it’s in their jurisdiction, and they are trained to an extent to deal with those scenarios. They are NOT trained to successfully execute an SS Motorcade and Personal Protection Detail

3 Likes

Exactly. I can understand it’s a small division within DHS, but I’ve seen very, very few on at any given time. In my 60-70 or so patrol logs I have, maybe 5-10 have an IO that was on. Hell, I’ve seen Fed on IO more than others in that division.

3 Likes

Sometimes it can when your taking the video and cross referencing it with the law AND talking to a lawyer if you don’t know.

3 Likes

This lack of activity with IO is why departments should be taught a basic interrogation course (Optional) so they can do interrogations without having to get IO.

3 Likes

in firestone’s situation, yes IO should be an exclusive and highly trained unit on interrogation. SCSO and FSP are first response units while IO are there to provide a more extensive interrogation process. SCSO and FSP at most should know how to mirandize and ask simple questions before an interview.

3 Likes

I interrogate people as well…

2 Likes

chris you’re a whole lot more legally knowledgeable than most SCSO or FSP,

2 Likes

Agreed. I feel like it would boost confidence in a lot of officers who could then start interrogating/questioning their own suspects, and we may actually go further in fighting crime.

4 Likes

I will 100% support this if LEOs get a little more leniency on it, and not “hey, FUCK YOU, you have 10 minutes of detainment no matter what, go fuck yourself”

4 Likes

Okay, most v2 crimes last like no more than 15 minutes so your saying make criminals serve up to 40 minutes of punishment for a 15 minute crime?

3 Likes

It would be cool if your arrest time started once you were put in cuffs. So if you helped LEO’s with something then your sentence would be nothing since you served your sentence with IO.

Dev idea 8,382 for V3

3 Likes

bro, max time is legit multiple hours lmfao what are you on about

4 Likes