An Act to Ease Expungements

AN ACT TO EASE EXPUNGEMENTS

Proposed by: Senator Automationeer

Be it enacted by the State of Firestone Congress here assembled,

§ 1. TITLE

(a) This Act shall be known as, and is to be cited as, the “Act to Ease Expungements”.

§ 2. ENACTMENT

(a) This Bill shall go into effect as an Act of Congress upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.

(b) Any expungements filed prior to the enactment of this Act shall be governed by preexisting legislation and rules.

§ 3. SEVERABILITY

(a) Should any part of this Act be stuck down and/or declared unenforceable, then that part shall be severed with the rest remaining in full force and effect unless all is struck down and/or declared unenforceable.

§ 4. DEFINITIONS

(a) For the purposes of this Act, ‘General Rules of Procedure in the State Courts Revision Act’ shall be defined as: https://trello.com/c/2v48OKwn

§ 5. REPEALMENTS

(a) This Act makes no repealments.

§ 6. AMENDMENTS

(a) Section 5, Rule 14(c.i.1) of The General Rules of Procedure in the State Courts Revision Act shall be amended.

(i) Section 5, Rule 14(c.i.1) of The General Rules of Procedure in the State Courts Revision Act currently states: “An officer wishing to “drop charges” shall not constitute an unlawful record. The petitioner must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the record is unlawful.”

(ii) Section 5, Rule 14(c.i.1) of The General Rules of Procedure in the State Courts Revision Act shall be amended to state: “An officer wishing to “drop charges” shall not constitute an unlawful record. The petitioner must prove, by the preponderance of the evidence, that the record is unlawful.”

Respectfully submitted to the Congress of the State of Firestone

CHIEF SPONSOR:

Senator Automationeer, Esq.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.