Allow Senators, House of Representatives, and municipal and county legislatures to have other public sector jobs

Didn’t mean judges, by the way.

Only law enforcement, utility, etc non judicial or executive jobs

This thread doesn’t support the removal of independent judiciary.

2 Likes

If you need me to clarify,

Legislatures may work in one other, non political public sector job is my idea

2 Likes

Nah man

2 Likes

Municipal and County Gov? Sure. No need to make them primary as they are of lesser importance.

State? No. You need your undivided attention on legislating. State Legislature is an important job and you need to be focused on it. You also need to vote with your conscience and with common sense, factoring in how it affects everyone. Having them be in another job may allow for congresspeople to only vote factoring in themselves, which is what some do to an extent, but it would be so much more common.

6 Likes

Congressmen need to experience what needs to be improved in Firestone firsthand by holding another job, in order to make amazing and beneficial bills.

2 Likes

Most Municipal and County positions are Secondary already.

The only notable exception being County Executive.

State positions should stay the same way. I would hate to see County Executive become secondary in any circumstance.

3 Likes

County executive is not secondary in this idea

2 Likes

So far public does not support this idea, evidently it will probably not be implemented.

2 Likes

They can already join secondary jobs like DOT, DOC, etc.

While in Senate I enjoyed DOC.

2 Likes

Yeah but secondary jobs aren’t so fun

2 Likes

If this happens, conflict of interest happens. Like what if a department opposed legislation being passed to stop something. They could say ‘you don’t keep your job here if you vote aye’. Now the legality of that is it’s self questionable but the point remains.

This, in my opinion, would open up a pandora’s box of fun that is the total opposite of fun.

Judges are in this same boat. It’s why I request the judiciary to only have one job here (that being the courts).

There is a phrase that is known very well by lawyers. That phrase is: “conflict of interest”. It is not a good thing to have and would be something that would only be promoted if this passed.

Therefore I think that the courts and congress should remain primary positions.

4 Likes

So apparently some cabinet members can actually be in the senate or house if they direct a secondary/volunteer department. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

It actually has conflicting sections because just before that it says this

Regardless it definitely needs to be amended. Assuming you are the one working on that right now.

2 Likes

It needs to be nulled in its entirety and reinstated.

1 Like

Polling closed:

Results; 44 voters

No: 66%

Yes: 34%

No wins, meaning that the public does not support this idea.

1 Like

@Sharm500 I do believe fedora is not allowed to interfere with the law and anything related. That means if it was passed he can get mad and angry but he couldn’t do anything about it.

1 Like

Fed said no, petition over. and Anyway, County & Municipal Legislatures already have the ability go to other jobs since, County Council is Secondary, Mayor and Municipal shit is Voluntary. Just CE can’t take another job.

1 Like

The uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Exile Button exists and no one is gonna mess with that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.