Allow FFA to be sued in the court

@Samtella I’m just curious as to what experience you have with firefighting and EMS? Some of these people are IRL first responders or have been in fire department groups for years and have learned about IRL firefighting. I’m not trying to get involved but I’d just like to know your experience.

4 Likes

Where is the lecture of me telling you how YOUR job is done exactly? quote such statements and we would talk about that.

Again they are a school the standard you are talking about is held by how SCFD handles its members

3 Likes

this is one of the most autistic forums i have seen in like 2 weeks can someone lock this

9 Likes

just because they are firefighters does not mean they have knowledge of hierarchy as proven previously in my statement Allow FFA to be sued in the court - #38 by tow23er. In these forum posts I had no comment on what is wrong with the curriculum or style of teaching but literally the hierarchy of FFA. I recommend you all re-reading it

4 Likes

If it doesn’t exist. Then why do we have FFA and not SCFD - Academy?

4 Likes

because we are the ones with the most knowledge of how fire/ems works in the state, we have no knowledge on how fire/ems hierarchy works in the state

because the director himself is an actual IRL firefighter, he has no knowledge on the fire/ems hierarchy in the state

because the SCFD chief is an explorer with the LAFD, he has no knowledge on fire/ems hierarchy in the state

you make absolutely no sense.

6 Likes

Scfa doesn’t and will never work

4 Likes

FFA has been deemed so far the only well maintained academy that actually works for fire and ems

5 Likes

refer to this post as to why SCFA wont work and didnt work

3 Likes

That post you’re referring to is actually factual so I’m not sure on where you’re pulling your knowledge from but tow23er is right

4 Likes

Did you not read the comment under it in which I reference that he is exactly wrong with such evidence??? or are you just going with what he is saying without any prior knowledge? like expected…

4 Likes

No one said it isnt

4 Likes

If you took me saying doens’t mean they understand hierarchy that they all don’t understand then sure if that’s how your logic works

4 Likes

I have an idea… it would mean a lot of change BUT… I propose this:

A Firestone University… and remove both POST/FFA/Flight Academy/other certs you can get (besides like FITE)… and move it under this…

thus you can combine resources and not have everything spread out… it may be to much of a change but its an idea… I don’t think it will happen by any stretch of the imagination though…

4 Likes

No, you came up with a random scenario which may be factual but if you read the part where he said “almost every state” and not "every state.

nah I’m using the knowledge I have and the knowledge of most other people instead of that from the one person arguing against people who have an actual idea on how firestone works when it comes to DOH, SCFD and FFA but thanks for the concern

4 Likes

couldnt imagine a thread about FFA is getting any traction lol

8 Likes

Now, I know theres a metric ton of arguments going on in the comments right now and honestly, I’m just going to be responding to the topic and not the arguments because it’s hard to find info because everyone is trying to prove who has the biggest cock right now.

Now, should FFA be considered an Academy/Institution?

Yes, obviously, FFA doesn’t just serve to get into ONLY SCFD, theres things you get from going through FFA that you can use in other departments or positions.

Should you be able to sue FFA?

Yes, however before that can happen, it needs to be recognized as an actual Academy before it you can actually sue them, because as it stands FFA exists as a physical entity, however doesn’t exist in the legal world as it’s not officially declared as an entity.

Should you be allowed to sue any Academy?

Mainly editing this because of a reply by @FoxyTheWereFox , when your in FFA, POST or FITE, you aren’t an employee, you are a trainee, you can be removed for any reason, however, if you think your removal from the academy was unjustified and you think bias had a role to play in your removal which ruined your chance of moving forward in the community, then yes you should be able to sue.

Also, someone correct me if i’m wrong but if theres a complaint of bias within POST, would you go through DPS? Not sure if thats the case but if someones willing to answer for me that would be wonderful, cheers!

6 Likes

Personally I’d think that’d fall apart quickly as there’d be not enough organisation into what happens with each different subject they’re learning and it’d be a lot of work for one entity to deal with. Better off keeping it separate where they can focus on their own subjects and can have students learn it the best way possible. But it’s a good suggestion.

5 Likes

1000x This

5 Likes

Even if it were established as an academy, it’s been answered above that cadets/trainees/recruits/etc are not classed as employees of said academy and therefore cannot sue it.

5 Likes