Allow FFA to be sued in the court

No one said it isnt

4 Likes

If you took me saying doens’t mean they understand hierarchy that they all don’t understand then sure if that’s how your logic works

4 Likes

I have an idea… it would mean a lot of change BUT… I propose this:

A Firestone University… and remove both POST/FFA/Flight Academy/other certs you can get (besides like FITE)… and move it under this…

thus you can combine resources and not have everything spread out… it may be to much of a change but its an idea… I don’t think it will happen by any stretch of the imagination though…

4 Likes

No, you came up with a random scenario which may be factual but if you read the part where he said “almost every state” and not "every state.

nah I’m using the knowledge I have and the knowledge of most other people instead of that from the one person arguing against people who have an actual idea on how firestone works when it comes to DOH, SCFD and FFA but thanks for the concern

4 Likes

couldnt imagine a thread about FFA is getting any traction lol

8 Likes

Now, I know theres a metric ton of arguments going on in the comments right now and honestly, I’m just going to be responding to the topic and not the arguments because it’s hard to find info because everyone is trying to prove who has the biggest cock right now.

Now, should FFA be considered an Academy/Institution?

Yes, obviously, FFA doesn’t just serve to get into ONLY SCFD, theres things you get from going through FFA that you can use in other departments or positions.

Should you be able to sue FFA?

Yes, however before that can happen, it needs to be recognized as an actual Academy before it you can actually sue them, because as it stands FFA exists as a physical entity, however doesn’t exist in the legal world as it’s not officially declared as an entity.

Should you be allowed to sue any Academy?

Mainly editing this because of a reply by @FoxyTheWereFox , when your in FFA, POST or FITE, you aren’t an employee, you are a trainee, you can be removed for any reason, however, if you think your removal from the academy was unjustified and you think bias had a role to play in your removal which ruined your chance of moving forward in the community, then yes you should be able to sue.

Also, someone correct me if i’m wrong but if theres a complaint of bias within POST, would you go through DPS? Not sure if thats the case but if someones willing to answer for me that would be wonderful, cheers!

6 Likes

Personally I’d think that’d fall apart quickly as there’d be not enough organisation into what happens with each different subject they’re learning and it’d be a lot of work for one entity to deal with. Better off keeping it separate where they can focus on their own subjects and can have students learn it the best way possible. But it’s a good suggestion.

5 Likes

1000x This

5 Likes

Even if it were established as an academy, it’s been answered above that cadets/trainees/recruits/etc are not classed as employees of said academy and therefore cannot sue it.

5 Likes

Ok look man… every person is an expert in some area… just because you are not an expert in an area does not prevent you from speaking on it… its like a primary care doctor talking about rare forms of cancer… yes they can do it and we shouldn’t disregard their opinion just because they are not an expert on the field (or sub field)…

just food for thought…

4 Likes

I believe he was referring to instructors not cadets…

4 Likes

I never said they couldn’t

4 Likes

Good point. I mean the current Director of the FFA is the TO for SCFD… I’m curious as to why the FFA can not be merged into SCFD since it is basically run by SCFD anyways and only supports that dept. (much like the Major General runs FITE even though it/the National Guard are two totally separate [legally] animals).

4 Likes

Oh yeah in which case, they should but it seems as if Congress will never establish them at the moment and the Governor doesn’t seem all that interested in making an EO to establish them

4 Likes

Ok. I’m sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying… I just wanted to put that out there regardless…

4 Likes

Governor can’t make an EO to establish such

4 Likes

Scfd doesn’t control ffa. Scfds academy is quite bad and won’t work

4 Likes

EOs can not create departments…

it only is a directive to a dept.

4 Likes

FFA doesn’t just provide certifications for people wanting to join SCFD. FFA give the option for civilians to just get an EMT-B cert without having to get either an FF or EMT-P cert in the process. Also, DOH can’t give out certs for EMT-B or P so people who want to join DOH:EMS are kinda screwed.

4 Likes

please refer to this post as to why an SCFD merger cannot and will not work again.

4 Likes