Allow FFA to be sued in the court

this is getting wayyyy off topic now lol.

6 Likes

never said i didnt like it or not.

nor am i saying it shouldnt teach prehospital care lol thanks

im saying medical staff really don’t need to know prehospital care considering when patients come in from by ambulance they already received all of that, and now have an technology and equipment which are very more than subpar to prehospital treatment out anywhere else.

and as well once in a hospital you’re subjectable to extreme measures to save your life unless you have a DNR medical order prepared already.

so stop please saying that i dont like it or i have an issue with it.

the health’s job is to regulate and assure quality medical care across the state, even by EMTs / Paramedics, its their literal job, except in firestone, where it went from that to being a damn hospital worker group.

im saying that, just because you issue state wide certifications, doesn’t auto grant you to be a state-level government “agency”.

irl it doesnt work like that.

and the things that are executive branch academies? are literally academies UNDER an executive branch agency like lets say the pennsylvania state police, the fbi academy, the ohio highway patrol academy.

and any county fire academy that the county fire department operates themselves.

5 Likes

There is absolutely zero reason that FFA should be removed from the executive branch. All former fire academies in firestone haven’t worked and will never work. FFA has way more of the purpose than just for county agency’s.

7 Likes

i never said it should be removed, now you just throw words in my mouth lol

5 Likes

EOs can not establish departments

6 Likes

To the congressmen and women that voted against, or not at all in the establishment of FFA, I would like to know your exact reasoning behind it.

ALL medical certifications are overseen by DOH, FFA just teaches them with permission from the Department of Health, as does every other certifying authority in the state (FHO, 9th, SCFD). Putting firefighting certifications under the supervision of the department of health is just fucking stupid, sorry.

SCFA failed because you were required to be employed within a primary department and meet departmental prerequisites before they can even apply to the division that SCFA applied to, being the “Training Division,” throughout SCFA (When I was in it under tow23er’s lead), the Training Division handled 3 things at the same time being;

The training of new recruits,
The training of departmental members on expanded fire/ems topics,
and the training of candidates (probationary SCFD employees) to get them above the standard required for their certification and allow them to work on their own.

SCFD as it stands now, cannot do that. SCFA cannot make a comeback, our department is minuscule (75 employees including probationary employees and command staff) compared to other departments with a training division of 18 members, with 10 of those members being command staff who have duties well beyond training division). With those training division members having to meet quotas already established where people are still struggling to this day to meet, a county-level academy, presumably wanted to be under SCFD, will not work. SCFD does not certify its own employees anymore because we simply do not have the manpower to do so, FFA has that manpower being a voluntary (well, not voluntary because not established) position, individuals who have the knowledge wont be locked to being in SCFD in order to train those who wish to be certified.

While in the beginning, FFA was established for the fire department, the needs of the State have grown and FFA is not responsible for just training the fire department anymore. It’s a simple fact, more people who have an FFA certification are not employed in and do not have intentions on being employed within SCFD and use their certifications elsewhere. The centralized academy is needed to set a standard, and to hold individuals to those standards, and the FFA standard is perfectly acceptable for all departments that accept a FFA certification for its employees.

9 Likes

Very well said

4 Likes

Read my replies and you will understand my reasoning ^-^

4 Likes

DOH has it’s own EMS service called Stapleton County Medical Service which is prehospital and ergo requires either an EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P or CCEMT-P cert and since DOH isn’t a provider of said certs due to FedLaw, how else are we supposed to get those certs to work for SCMS? DOH:EMS is also currently the most active part of DOH with people staffing BLS-1 almost daily.

5 Likes

because fedlaw is really bad sometimes.

4 Likes

Yes, but we haven’t got any control over it so we have to deal with how it is and this is what Fed wants so DOH will never provide EMT certs and DOH staff do in fact need them since most of them are pre-hospital care providers.

4 Likes

Well the county is because, the Stapleton County Fire Department is under the county, and the FFA is under SCFD, meaning technically it is a county academy.

4 Likes

Clearly you know nothing about FFA

5 Likes

DOH has FMA which teaches up to MD, not sure what you mean by this.

4 Likes

Sure

How can someone that issues certifications not also have the authority to oversee them? That makes zero sense, they set the standard, its their responsibility to make sure that standard is met. DOH has set the standard and has given FFA the authority to oversee and ensure that standard is met. As said in an earlier forum post, DOH oversees all medical certifications, FFA just has the authority to certify and issue them.

This already exists, the Department of Health Supervisory Board which consists of;
The SCFD Chief
The SCFD Chief Paramedic
The FFA Director
The FFA Deputy Director
The DOH:EMS Director
The FMA Superintendent
The Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Health
(and others that I may be missing, though I believe I got them all)

A certification cannot be revoked without a majority vote from all of these members. THESE are the people that have set the standard that I’ve talked about. THESE are the people that set our scopes of practice and inform us of any updates. THESE are the people who launch incompetency investigations into individuals accused of medical malpractice. The board that you are calling for is already established.

On the firefighting side, I believe there’s a chat that included the FFA Director, Deputy Director, CTO of Firefighting, Chief and Deputy Chief of SCFD to talk about, approve and/or deny changes to the Firefighting curriculum. (I may be wrong here, dont quote me on this)

FHO is a private business with a license to issue by the Department of Health. FFA is a state department with a license to issue, 9th medical is a division with a license to issue, SCFD is a county department with a license to issue. All of these aforementioned departments/divisions MUST go through the Department of Health to have a certification issued to an individual, with FHO and FFA being the only 2 that actually utilize their license to issue certifications.

How can a standard for firefighting/ems be overseen if there’s nobody high enough to oversee it? This makes absolutely no sense. FFA has been working fine as it stands as a cabinet level position.

It’s perfectly realistic in the scope of Firestone.

6 Likes

doh can ONLY tech EMT-I, CCEMTP, RN, NP, MD

4 Likes

hey have you head of Firestone Department of Health - Roblox and the supervisory board there? anything to do with medical curriculum is voted on by them basically

3 Likes

And firefighting just doesn’t exist right fuck their curriculum?

5 Likes

That is exactly the problem and why I stated a board would be officially made to do such thing lol.

FFA is actually currently nothing you are the ones making it a “state department”.

If you don’t see the correlation that you made yourself then topkek.

DOH certified FFA to issue them. FFA didn’t certify themselves. If at anytime DOH decides to pull the plug then FFA is pretty much dead. Just needed to clarify that.

An academy is never the “standard” for firefighting/ems but merely a school to teach and push knowledge to users in which they would be applicable to join such divisions and departments.

You have a problem with the word realism there and the previous quoted users “realism”.

4 Likes

boards exist, read the whole forum post. more specifically,

no, DOH has authorized FFA to certify. meaning FFA is an autonomous department that adheres to DOH guidelines for what is required to certify an individual, anything past certification is handled within DOH such as the aforementioned incompetency investigations, sop changes and certification revocations. FFA can do all of this alone, but to ensure that their power to isnt abused, they go through DOH.

then you have absolutely zero knowledge on firefighting/ems

FFA teaches more than any academy out there, more than enough to make sure every individual who graduates from their academy can succeed in whatever endeavor they choose within the State. all in 4 sessions. FFA is the standard for Firefighting / EMS, which is why, not sure if you know this, their curriculum is what we base incompetency off of. FFA is the minimum standard we expect every single individual who has any sort of firefighting/EMS certification to adhere to.

6 Likes